Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Zer0wing

Cipher
OK, it's officially a shit game: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-it-an-sjw-agenda.129006/page-21#post-6376066

Fuller list of banned names here: https://pastebin.com/jTDiYsAy

I've checked many of them and all of it is true. What's funny is that "lewak" (leftist in Polish) is banned but not "prawak" (alt-right in Polish) and there are more examples of such double standards. I'm going to nuke this game from orbit. I didn't think it could be even more leftist than DE but they've outdone themselves.

LeonX TimCain
Asfalt
(Poland) man of African origin (literally means "asphalt")

:shredder:
I9RXntJ.jpg

"Gas Wagon "Soulkiller""
TimCain CONFIRMED BASED AND REDPILLED.

Now seriously.
Whatever Obsidian tries to do with this autistic censorship it gives the opposite effect.

Rafidur

Learned
She immediately whips out her gun and goes to town, only to then turn around to blame you for murdering her love.

And there's no way to have her love die in a tragic Fragmentation Mine Mk III accident (placed by unidentified third parties). Choices my ass.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
On a second playthrough (that I probably won't be arsed to finish) I noticed that the order of the hubs isn't as fixed as I thought.
If you attempt to sell out the scientist, you can get to Byzantium before you get to Monarch, or possibly even the toothpaste town. It does involve you either paying 8k or stealing something on plain sight. You don't actually have to tell the scientist's location if you do this, so I missed it in first playthrough.
You can get straight to Monarch too after Groundbreaker if you have the 10k. Which isn't that unfeasible if you find about everything in the first hub.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
On a second playthrough (that I probably won't be arsed to finish) I noticed that the order of the hubs isn't as fixed as I thought.
If you attempt to sell out the scientist, you can get to Byzantium before you get to Monarch, or possibly even the toothpaste town. It does involve you either paying 8k or stealing something on plain sight. You don't actually have to tell the scientist's location if you do this, so I missed it in first playthrough.
You can get straight to Monarch too after Groundbreaker if you have the 10k. Which isn't that unfeasible if you find about everything in the first hub.

Second playthrough? Holy Christ, didn't this game just come out like 3 or 4 days ago? Did you skip bathroom breaks and food or what?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
think i found blackcat

86514565.jpg

also she is arrogant, spoiled and... funny?
I think this is first female character I found amusing and her quest is about ruining other people chances of getting a better life (she doesn't like low life trash working class in her lawn)

ok i need to follow up on this quest, because I think, after searching for drugs in piles of lizard shit, we have found 1 Troika-looking quest in game.
quest marker: ACTIVATU

............nevermind, quest was predictable.
but ending was funny

Long hair, pls delete dis.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

Well they said that the game would be pretty different if you actually sell the scientist. Good to know thats actually true.

Theophrastus

Educated
iKrFjYT.jpg

I have certain... fairly emotional questions to the game designers about the purpose of the flaw system.
Unfortunately, it contains certain strong words from their corporate goodspeak filter so consider those questions censored.

Just wait until you get a flaw which reduces 3 of your attributes by one everytime you encounter a specific type of enemy. Definitely worth it!

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
iKrFjYT.jpg

I have certain... fairly emotional questions to the game designers about the purpose of the flaw system.
Unfortunately, it contains certain strong words from their corporate goodspeak filter so consider those questions censored.

Just wait until you get a flaw which reduces 3 of your attributes by one everytime you encounter a specific type of enemy. Definitely worth it!

Robophobia is cool tho. You gain dialogue option to scream at SAM. Totally worth.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Don't look Todd it may hurt your feelings :hearnoevil:

The problem is that you can easily pass those [Lie/Intimidate/Persuede] skill checks. They also always seem to be the same, which is pretty disappointing. Other attributes should also calculate into it, Strenght into Intimidate for example.

Kyl Von Kull what can't you understand? The skill checks for [Lie/Intimidate/Persuede] are always of the same value (30 in the video above). Some character builds (whimpy intelligent guys, for example) shouldn't be able to be equally good at all of these options, especially not on the same characters (Intimidating an armed guard and an exhausted factory worker shouldn't be equally hard or easy). Have I phrased it better this time around?

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah the game is just throwing far too many levels at you, much like un-Sawyered FNV.
On top of that the levelling is retarded. Attributes are useless really,you don't get bonus skill points for high int,also your skillpoints are only enough to max maybe 3-4 skills. Also weapon skills are pointless,i am still at 6 points and could kill anything without a problem. Both accuracy and damage are not connected to the weapon skills. Perks are the most boring garbage i have seen,at some point there was nothing worth getting.

Prime Junta

Man that quality writing from fantadomat's post. Think of the missed opportunity there.

I would have handled that case a little differently. Like this:

After killing Junlei, you return to your ship. Parvati's not there. She's just gone. You shrug and continue playing. Then, the second or third time you fly somewhere, ADA tells you you're getting a transmission mid-transit. It's Parvati. She gives you a little talking to and informs that she left you a present on the ship. Then she says "Goodbye" and flips a switch she's holding. Camera switches to exterior of ship flying through space. Ship disappears in a blinding flash of light. Roll endgame slides.

Pegultagol

Erudite
Don't look Todd it may hurt your feelings :hearnoevil:

Pretty silly to be sure, but still better than unlocking their private chambers and accessing their personal terminals right in front of them and not getting any response. And of course your companions don't factor into stealth so they can crouch around a marauder lookout while I'm behind a box and it's perfectly fine :negative:

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
On the plus side, the first part of the game in really well-done
Let's be honest here, most games do that (and then they go to shit). I hate that.

I didn't play it at launch, but I felt that Fallout NV just got more interesting and attention grabbing as the game went on, mostly on account of the factions, characters, and a competent story. Yeah it felt a little unfinished at times, but the core of the game was there. I was hoping that Outer Worlds would capture some of that, but it didn't really do it for me. Not quite sure why, as both games try to establish themes of morally grey choices and consequences for your actions. Maybe the protagonist just didn't have enough motivation. Does the game ever establish that you knew anyone on Hope?

Phineas also rubbed me wrong way. The game treats him like he's the main character(not even a particularly likable main character) and you're just running his errands. Am I the hero of this game or this NPC?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom