Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Gothic: History of Khorinis - fan-made prequel

deama

Prophet
Ugh, why does it have to be a damn prequel! Why can't they just retcon Gothic 3 and make their own version of gothic 3 using the gothic 2 engine? Or maybe make a "in a land far away" thing with the gothic 2 engine? I've played gothic 2 over 4 times, I'm sick of khorinis!

Skdursh

Savant
Holy shit there are so many retarded half-breeds in this thread I want to puke. ELEX is literally Game of the Decade massive incline and the Gothic series is a multi-national historic treasure worth more than the entire original works of Shakespeare and Michelangelo combined and if you say otherwise it's because you're a soy-drinking troglodyte sewer CHUD who wipes their ass by poking their finger through the tissue and shoving it up their ass to scoop out the poo... and you don't even wash your hands; disgusting.

thesecret1

Arcane
Hopefully it'll be better than other Gothic mods. Far too often, they delve into ridiculous fanfiction shit and the custom made maps are very rudimentary

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Amazing. Only one question. Only i had the impression that Adanos is not really a deity? That he is just the nature itself? I mean, when Xardas in beginning of Gothic 3 destroyed the rune magic to try reduce the gods influence in the material plane, water mages was unnafected. Many spells on G3 says things like "the hero calls innos to slay one of his enemies" - Meteor or "the hero summons an army directly from beliar realm" - Army of Darkness.

But all magic teached to you by water mages doesn't even mention Adanos. Note that Beliar magic and Innos magic is obtained on Shines.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Holy shit there are so many retarded half-breeds in this thread I want to puke. ELEX is literally Game of the Decade massive incline and the Gothic series is a multi-national historic treasure worth more than the entire original works of Shakespeare and Michelangelo combined and if you say otherwise it's because you're a soy-drinking troglodyte sewer CHUD who wipes their ass by poking their finger through the tissue and shoving it up their ass to scoop out the poo... and you don't even wash your hands; disgusting.
tenor.gif

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Talking about mods, any mod for gothic 2 that allow you to become a mage apprentice for Xardas or join in the Circle of Water? I like magic, there are two factions for melee fighters but in order to be a mage on G2, you need to join in a monastery. IMO learn magic from Xardas or from Water Mages sounds more cool.

notpl

Arbiter
I wonder how much of original History Of Khorinis ended in Chronicles Of Myrtana, that screenshot of untextured city gate feels familiar.
The team has been very professional about not airing their dirty laundry, but reading between the lines, it seems like when the two teams split up, all the people who were actually producing anything of value went off to create CM. Hence why that game actually exists four years later.

Zeriel

Arcane
Talking about mods, any mod for gothic 2 that allow you to become a mage apprentice for Xardas or join in the Circle of Water? I like magic, there are two factions for melee fighters but in order to be a mage on G2, you need to join in a monastery. IMO learn magic from Xardas or from Water Mages sounds more cool.

Kind of feels like to me Bandits/Dragon Hunters are supposed to be "ranged" faction, the crossbows are hella strong, it's just that there is no devoted ranged or melee in Gothic (or PB games in general), you go non-caster you use both.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Seems like the recent (last month) build of the project got leaked for a spicy pics taken from Google Images

bultcky.png

Rl6Gj4m.png

xpO7MoV.png
KwCyjUr.png

DXFQTyz.png
JrWC6PX.png
SUrVzdf.png

Last edited:

Bawagan

Novice
The mod has been officially canceled.

Farewell and the Last Information about the Status of the Project
The History of Khorinis team has made a decision to discontinue work on the modification and say goodbye to the fans. From this point, we would like to explain the reasons for this decision and emphasize a few matters.
The main reason for discontinuing the work is the lack of communication with the former main coordinator of the project, who was responsible, among other things, for the preparation of dubbing. We did not receive a definite answer whether the dubbing would be recorded, so we assumed it couldn't be counted on 100%. The situation regarding the limited amount of recordings of the 'Nestors,' (original voice actors) who have already passed away, is also unclear. The History of Khorinis without the promised "original" dubbing loses its meaning. We also regret that the recordings of the 'Nestors' will not be implemented into the modification. However, we hope that the copyright holder will be able to use them in a positive way.
Some time ago we decided to reduce the "Vaduz" part (the HoK 1) and combine it with Khorinis (the HoK 2) in order to increase the likelihood of preparing voiceovers for both previously planned parts of the modification. Due to the unclear status of the voiceover work and too many issues in script development, we were unable to determine a clear course of action. From March of this year to August, we devoted our time to script revisions and the design of the further storyline (Khorinis).
Running an inflated PR that raised players' hopes for an ambitious project with a star-studded cast , was a mistake on the part of the Team.
Many Gothic modification projects have failed due to a lack of motivation, and it's similar here, but we want it to be clear to you that the lack of motivation stemmed from mismanagement that no one has the strength to fix anymore.
We APOLOGIZE to all fans who were anticipating the mod, sending us kind or bitter but constructive words and all those who financially supported us on the YouTube channel.
From this point, we would also like to congratulate the success of the Gothic II Chronicles of Myrtana team. A team that transformed true passion into something that actually came to life, even though it was initially met with misunderstanding from the fandom. We're pleased that they managed to turn it into a good mod that captured the Gothic community's interest enough to leave them hungry for more.
We bow low, bid farewell and go our own way. The History of Khorinis 2008-2023.
Regards, The History of Khorinis team.

Does anybody maybe have a link to a video of the leaked version? I would love to see it in movement.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Bummer, but to be expected. It would've been amazing to get another Archolos, because that shit was fire.

deama

Prophet
Yeah too bad, they could have used the new fancy AI voice actors too, would have been interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom