Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...y-subscription-fee-no-seriously/#128a7b58f6b6

You see, over the past year or so, Fallout 76 has evolved past being the broken meme it was at launch. Unlike say, Anthem, Fallout 76 actually added a fair bit of new content to the game over time, and managed to establish itself a nice little niche community that actively plays the game and does cool things together. In short, it sort of started living up to its potential.

Now Bethesda wants to monetize those loyal fans.

I believe that’s what’s happening here. Bethesda thinks that there is a hard core enough playerbase that will pay this fee to get access to a bunch of the new features added into the 1st package. So what does this “it costs more than Netflix” subscription get you?

Private Worlds – Play in a Private World exclusively for you and up to seven friends

Scrapbox – Unlimited storage for crafting components in your own new Scrapbox container

Today In: Innovation
Survival Tent – A new placeable fast travel point with a Stash, Sleeping Bag and more for your basic needs

Atoms – Receive 1,650 Atoms per month to use in the Atomic Shop

Ranger Armor Outfit – An iconic Fallout outfit, exclusively for members

Icons and Emotes pack – Unique icons and emotes, available only to members

Seeing all this written out does not really do anything to change my initial “lmao WHAT” reaction to this news. In short, what it looks like this subscription pays for is…a feature that everyone has wanted in Fallout 76 from the start, the ability to play alone or privately with friends, which is now locked behind this $100 a year paywall. Then there are quality of life improvements, unlimited crafting storage and the mobile tent, and then some cosmetics, including a New Vegas armor set that feels like a jab in the ribs.

Fallout76_Fallout1st_RangerArmor.jpg

d01Y4N1.png

New codex emote? :excited:

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...y-subscription-fee-no-seriously/#128a7b58f6b6

You see, over the past year or so, Fallout 76 has evolved past being the broken meme it was at launch. Unlike say, Anthem, Fallout 76 actually added a fair bit of new content to the game over time, and managed to establish itself a nice little niche community that actively plays the game and does cool things together. In short, it sort of started living up to its potential.

Now Bethesda wants to monetize those loyal fans.

I believe that’s what’s happening here. Bethesda thinks that there is a hard core enough playerbase that will pay this fee to get access to a bunch of the new features added into the 1st package. So what does this “it costs more than Netflix” subscription get you?

Private Worlds – Play in a Private World exclusively for you and up to seven friends

Scrapbox – Unlimited storage for crafting components in your own new Scrapbox container

Today In: Innovation
Survival Tent – A new placeable fast travel point with a Stash, Sleeping Bag and more for your basic needs

Atoms – Receive 1,650 Atoms per month to use in the Atomic Shop

Ranger Armor Outfit – An iconic Fallout outfit, exclusively for members

Icons and Emotes pack – Unique icons and emotes, available only to members

Seeing all this written out does not really do anything to change my initial “lmao WHAT” reaction to this news. In short, what it looks like this subscription pays for is…a feature that everyone has wanted in Fallout 76 from the start, the ability to play alone or privately with friends, which is now locked behind this $100 a year paywall. Then there are quality of life improvements, unlimited crafting storage and the mobile tent, and then some cosmetics, including a New Vegas armor set that feels like a jab in the ribs.

d01Y4N1.png

New codex emote? :excited:
change the gun into dildo and we're set. it's to symbolize bethesda fucking fanboys and they like it

Norfleet

Fallout 76 is now on the same list as Big Rigs, Sonic 06 and Limbo of the Lost.
I truly think this exceeds the level of Big Rigs, for a few reasons. Big Rigs was just crap no effort shovelware, kicked out there half-assed and forgotten. While half-assed shovelware is certainly quite bad, very little effort was expended in creating this badness. Failout 76, on the other hand, has all the big-budget production of a real game, and continuing effort invested...and IT IS STILL ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I think it is getting closer and closer where Fallout 76 might be one of the worst videogames ever made.

Whereas Fallout 4 was the culmination of Bethesdian algorithmic garbage design and traditionally sloppy coding, Fallout 76 is all that, but intertwined with modern MMO P2W cancers. So yeah. It's probably the worst videogame ever made. At least Daikatana or Duke Nukem Forever felt like an actual product.

dextermorgan

Arcane

While I find his takes on the 76 fiasco fairly humorous, I kind of feel like someone should remind him how eagerly he sucked Pete Hines' throbbing cock jumped on the "crazy fallout fans want 4 pixel chairs" train Bethesda was touring, back in the day.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
BlackAdderBG Dexter , out of curiosity - do you dislike the videos or the fact that Jim used to shill for Bethesda like a motherfucker?
Jim being homosexual and fat is quite enough reason for some people on this forum to dislike anything he does, no matter if he's actually on the same page or not.
He also regularly makes fun of reverse-SJWs and the "those damn SJWs!" screechers. I'm sure he touched a few nerves here and there :lol:

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

Cheeky MCA.

I sometimes wonder if Bethesda even tests updates before they release them. Also, didn't they confirm "private servers" are still just hosted online and not at all privately one might have been lead to believe? This basically means modding will never ever happen.

typical user

Arbiter
I suppose people who buy this subscription are content creators - so they can have an acquaired taste of the service and freedom to trash it. Other group are hackers who sell their loot through mules or just giveaway duped stuff like ranger armor to public.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom