Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Just finished the game (for the first time). 30+ hours.

Was a centrist, no drink, try to help people and apologiize for past sins run. Worked our pretty well, as I got accepted back into the task force, and solved a lot of shit.

Still obviously a very sad game, but in a beautiful way.

The first non-action RPG since late 90s/early 2000s that I feel belongs with all time greats.

user

Savant
So, is this game any good? Besides story, is it replayable and what about its character development?

Silentstorm

Learned
We need a sequel or DLC, there are still things to be solved, there are still future things to come and the RCM can't possibly save the day without Super Star Cop, Harry Dubois, dancer extraordinaire, breaker of doors, climber of stairs while blind, faster draw than a drunk mercenary, destroyer of motor vehicles, the man who led anodic dance music to truly become HARD CORE and a man capable of doing spin kicks!

Okay, some of those depend on skill checks but who cares, at the end of the day, there is still enough things left for a DLC/sequel so that the world can learn the awesomeness of Harry Dubois!

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I never spoke to him, it just didn't occur to me. Little weasel... Anyway, thanks for letting me know.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
For those curious, the latest patch didn't fix Lonesome Long Way Home not granting PSY on Speed use. In fact as of the latest patch I appear to be the beneficiary of a new (?), strange bug where my uses of Pyrholidon (PSY drug) seem... permanent? I appear to have a constant +2 Pyrholidon bonus to my Psyche stat. Not sure what's going on there...

Prime Junta

How do i unlock the following thoughts:
- Ace' Low
- Searchlight Division

Details please if anyone knows, teh intarwebs are very vague about it.

Kasparov , Prime Junta ?

I got Ace’s Low with a high Int/Mot character. I shot down the corpse, Kim high-fived me (Ace’s High) and my Encyclopedia told me that I can follow that up with a low-five. That done I got the Thought. IIRC anyway.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
How do i unlock the following thoughts:
- Ace' Low
- Searchlight Division

Details please if anyone knows, teh intarwebs are very vague about it.

Kasparov , Prime Junta ?

I got Ace’s Low with a high Int/Mot character. I shot down the corpse, Kim high-fived me (Ace’s High) and my Encyclopedia told me that I can follow that up with a low-five. That done I got the Thought. IIRC anyway.

Searchlight Division

• How to get: Talk to the fishing woman about missing people
  • While researching: hours,
  • Result: +2 Perception

Here is the guide for all the Thoughts https://gameplay.tips/guides/5595-disco-elysium.html

Insert Title Here
I got Ace's Low with my 3/4/1/4 character. Not sure if it only requires the Encyclopedia check or high Mot as well. I remember Composure going "Don't worry, it will come." while waiting for Kim's low-five.

Stakhanov

Augur
Ace's Low is an interfacing check with Kim after shooting down the corpse. Searchlight Division requires asking a woman in the fisherman's village about three different persons you're looking for.

polo

Magister
So, now that theres been some time since this was released, did you guys like it?
Is it as i have read a visual novel point and click adventure or something like that?

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
So, now that theres been some time since this was released, did you guys like it?
Is it as i have read a visual novel point and click adventure or something like that?

What if I told you this is not a visual novel?

Matrizx-1999-Morpheus-Laurence-Fishburne-600x300.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom