Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

I enter Edgewater, "Hey bro, can you get 5 people to sign my petition?"
I enter Groundbreaker, "Hey bro, can you get my corporate badge?"
I enter Byzantium, "Hey bro, can you get my rats from out of the sewer?"
I enter Fallbrook, "Hey bro, can you get the packages I tied to rats and let loose in the world?"
It was around this point I realized that the game's more fun if you think of it like Postal 4. You even have a crack pipe for health. Think about it, won't you Codex? It'll improve your enjoyment tremendously. If only there was modding to get appropriate sounds for when you heal.

https://www.101soundboards.com/sounds/177557-this-cant-be-good-for-me-but-i-feel-great

Don't be a hack. The shooting in TOW is very mediocre. The guns feel and sound cheap, there's not much sense of impact, you don't feel powerful holding guns etc etc.

orcinator

Liturgist

randir14

Augur
So I think I'm stuck on this quest

Reached monarch I'm supposed to talk to this drunk bitch and she tells me to get medical supplies off this other guy (yay another fetch quest). I talk to the guy but there's no option to ask for the supplies.

You can get them behind one of his locked doors

Xeon

Augur
The disguise system is kinda dumb? I am doing the Clive Slaughter house quests now in Monarch and I just experienced for a longer time for the first time and its kinda dumb. You transform right in front of them, timer runs out even if no one is watching or sneaking. If it runs out you are revealed, you can use speech check and again transform right in front of them until the next time. That's just next level.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The disguise system is kinda dumb? I am doing the Clive Slaughter house quests now in Monarch and I just experienced for a longer time for the first time and its kinda dumb. You transform right in front of them, timer runs out even if no one is watching or sneaking. If it runs out you are revealed, you can use speech check and again transform right in front of them until the next time. That's just next level.

It's bizarre. It's like they couldn't figure out how to do stealth, so they just put that in... to simulate sneaking/trespassing gameplay somehow??? It totally fails and is extremely non-engaging.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It's bizarre. It's like they couldn't figure out how to do stealth, so they just put that in... to simulate sneaking/trespassing gameplay somehow??? It totally fails and is extremely non-engaging.
they could just do a costume system, but it was shaded in the dialogue if you ask

"why don't i just steal their clothes and wear them?"
"are you stupid, that wouldn't work"

funny but i wish it have clothes system instead

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
ther attributes should also calculate into it, Strenght into Intimidate for example.

Strength does go into intimidate, though.

That's really nice tho, I've underestimated Obsidian again when it comes to things affecting each other. Seems the problem is with characters having those skillcheck thresholds all the same and low enough that you can usually pass them all. I guess they thought of it as balancing for different builds or what?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
World kinda keeps me in, writing isn't that bad. Anyone who says otherwise is an ANCAP retard who gets triggered over how Ancapistan is portrayed.
Yeah, those damn ancaps don't have the intellectual capacity to get sophisticated Rick and Morty humour and get butthurt by the scathing bigbrained critique offered by Obsidian. Capitalists btfo by smart empowered brown lesbian womyn.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You basically expected a Troika game ;d

Kinda like we expected Pillars to be a Black Isle game.

For some reason we just can't have nice things.

Forget about these fossilized retirees, dude

Play Disco Elysium. Its a nice thing. Its a very nice thing. Its the best fucking thing
Troika games actually had gameplay.

To their detriment
Get the fuck out of here.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So, since I'm likely going to treat this like Dragon Age: Inquisition and Mass Effect: Andromeda and probably not going to bother touching it even after it's on Steam, how close was I with my Analysis of the first two Gameplay Trailers?
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-go-to-new-thread.119594/page-77#post-5918803
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...go-to-new-thread.119594/page-204#post-6092458

VTMB2 Next!
Salute worthy. Than again this was a handy clue:

xnVHhAx.png

Kindda bummed rn tbh. Deadfire the Obsidia Edition is sitting in my library, was kindda looking fwd to it. Cold shower.

Codex Year of the Donut
So, since I'm likely going to treat this like Dragon Age: Inquisition and Mass Effect: Andromeda and probably not going to bother touching it even after it's on Steam, how close was I with my Analysis of the first two Gameplay Trailers?
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-go-to-new-thread.119594/page-77#post-5918803
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...go-to-new-thread.119594/page-204#post-6092458

VTMB2 Next!
Salute worthy. Than again this was a handy clue:

xnVHhAx.png

Kindda bummed rn tbh. Deadfire the Obsidia Edition is sitting in my library, was kindda looking fwd to it. Cold shower.
Megan Starks did literally nothing wrong

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I enter Edgewater, "Hey bro, can you get 5 people to sign my petition?"
I enter Groundbreaker, "Hey bro, can you get my corporate badge?"
I enter Byzantium, "Hey bro, can you get my rats from out of the sewer?"
I enter Fallbrook, "Hey bro, can you get the packages I tied to rats and let loose in the world?"
It was around this point I realized that the game's more fun if you think of it like Postal 4. You even have a crack pipe for health. Think about it, won't you Codex? It'll improve your enjoyment tremendously. If only there was modding to get appropriate sounds for when you heal.

https://www.101soundboards.com/sounds/177557-this-cant-be-good-for-me-but-i-feel-great
Nah, writing in Postal 2 was light years ahead of TOW.

You know, it even had funny jokes.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Game is absurd at its best on many levels.
aa0.png

-Humour is dry.
-AI is braindead.
-Combat never changes, only companions have special abilities and they mostly melee and suck.
-Companions are mostly boring gameplay wise. You need to baby sit them a lot.
-I had 5-6K ammunation of all sorts, 220+ that healing shit. Who's going to use light ammo anyway?
-Money is worthless for %90 of the time. It's only good for tinkering.
-Itemization is shallow. Science weapons are fun while other weapons are mostly same.
-Most side quests are meh. Companion quests are below avarege. Some bigger quests got good C&C. Faction rep.thing is borderline useless.
-At least the main quest is good but gets lost in all them thrash.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So all you need to do in order to land a writing gig for video games these days is to make fanfic and trashy romance novels?
Not if you look anything like your avatar.

Why? The avatar has dark skin. Not as good as having a vagina but it's up there.

I wonder how many talented writers are rotting in their basements because we need more wahmen in IT.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom