Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

luinthoron

Learned
-this game should be called Overwatch: the Abuse

I thought the game used a limited ressource (willpower, or something like that) to limit overwatch abuse/creep?
Used to be the case in earlier builds, but no longer. However, overwatch is now limited to your chosen direction and distance and is no longer omnidirectional like in XCOM, bringing it closer to the original UFO mechanics.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In this video, we explore some of the key differences in mechanics between XCOM and Phoenix Point. This episode - Inventory: Understanding the open inventory system.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
All_In_1.jpg
I'm intensely triggered by the fact that two separate mustaches seem to be selected (second on top row, last on bottom row), but neither is actually the one shown on the character (which appears to be fourth on top row or second on bottom row). Also, there seem to be multiple identical facial hairs and hair styles. And the character's name is Vanessa. I don't think I'm hipster enough for this game.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I really wonder why they don't make the inventory more like the original, by moving over the slot icons to their corresponding parts on the right. Like the paperdoll in the original. And with that making the base inventory bigger on the left. Everything look so damn cramped.

luinthoron

Learned
Devblog update:

https://phoenixpoint.info/blog/2019/10/11/october-development-update
October Development Update
With the release of Phoenix Point being less than 2 months ahead of us, we’re continuing to add the last of the content, bug-fixes, and polish, to get the game ready for launch.

To all those playing Backer Build 5 - we really appreciate your feedback, so please keep it coming. You can submit in-game bug reports via the F12 key. You can also leave feedback and suggestions on our forums.

Backer Rewards
Last week we sent out surveys via email to collect details and shipping address from those of you with crowdfunding or pre-order rewards. This also includes names in the game credits and soldier roster names.

The form you receive is specific to your order, so will only ask for the relevant information needed.

Emails in this first batch have only got out to backers and pre-orders who made a purchase before September 15th, 2019. For those of you who purchased the Signature Edition after that date, rest assured that you will be receiving your survey in a future email.

If you did receive an email, please be sure to complete your surveys before November 4th, 2019 to ensure we can get your rewards to you on time.

If you believe you should have received a survey to complete and have not, please check your spam folders for an email from contact@snapshotgames.com on October 3rd through October 10, 2019. If you are unable to locate your survey, please email us at the above address.

Solider Customization
We’re still adding more the soldier customization options. You can already make some pretty snazzy choices:

randomize.gif

Cutscenes
We’re currently working on some animated cutscenes which will be used in-game, though we’re not revealing just where yet. We’ll be releasing these on our social channels before the game comes out, but for now, here are a few teaser stills:

vlcsnap-2019-10-11-16h55m08s895.png

Cutscene Teaser 1

vlcsnap-2019-10-11-16h56m04s552.png

Cutscene Teaser 2

vlcsnap-2019-10-11-16h57m56s815.png

Cutscene Teaser 3

Writing Competition Winners
Towards the end of last year, we launched a writing competition for fans and budding writers to submit their own fan stories with a chance of having them become part of the official lore of Phoenix Point. We had an amazing number of great entries. We regret that it has taken us longer than we would have liked to announce the winners, but our writers have been working with the finalists to get their stories ready for publication. We’re really excited to share them with all of the fans as soon as they’re ready!

We’ll be listing one of our runners-up with each of our development updates from now on, rounding things off with the winning entry.

You can find the first of our winning entries here: The Mist - by Alex Rinehart

Thank you!
Once again, the whole team at Snapshot Games wants to thank you for your continued support and patience. We’re getting closer and closer to release, and we’re really excited about the way this game is shaping up - we know that you will be too.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
-lack of restricted soldier FOV and fog of war really hurts the game

That is in my opinion the biggest reason the nu-XCOMs could not hold a candle to the original. That palpable tension that was augmented to extreme levels in night missions which made the danger tangible and the game actually scary. TUs, inventory management, stats etc won't mean that much if this is lacking.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am really hoping this game will be playable at release, I need to play something other than PKM (and LongWar) :D

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

We take a quite look at the current studio development build to see how it's all coming together. In this video, we see our first cinematic, character customisation and many user interface updates.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

The Disciples of Anu, led by the mysterious "Exalted" seek unity with the alien invaders and embrace mutation as a core tenet of their religious philosophy. Players can ally with Anu and harness their powerful mutations and versatile units to advance the Phoenix Project. Or, they can reject the Anu. But beware: they hold powerful secrets.

geno

Savant
ad5a25b77d076ca871a0fa91f0e4f16698a8e7a9.png

More on the DLCs in another post, but we expect the first DLC, Blood and Titanium, to release in early 2020. Other DLCs (5 total, including Blood and Titanium) will be released at intervals from there, over the course of 2020. Everyone who backed Phoenix Point prior to March 12, 2019 at 10 AM PST (including all Fig backers, regardless of tier) will receive the Season Pass (which includes at least 5 DLCs) for no additional charge.

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Almost certainly the five dlc of the "season pass" are nothing but the cut features from the original pr(e/o)mises. On December 3 we will celebrate the "epic" early access, in a year (maybe, but I wouldn't hold the breath) the real 1.0 on Gog/Steam.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I guess I will get all 5 dlc for free since I didn't cancel my Fig pledge.

It is a shame we will need to wait another year to get a (hopefully) good game.

geno

Savant
I could be wrong, but didn't Gollop, who was the man behind X-Com: apocalypse, say that Geoscpae was the more exciting part of PP for him? Because it feels bland since the first day he showed it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom