Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium spoilery thread

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Who are you Kasparov?

Kasparov is an artist. The lead writer and game designer is Marat Sar (Robert Kurvitz).
That says a lot.
My shoe size is 13 (US)

Wow, its like 47 Eurosize. Do you wear clown shoes?

a20791d126683b2d94c2df_m__22855.1421439052.1280.1280.JPG

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Marat Sar There are some consistency issues in the fishing village, where if you do stuff without Kim (he was carrying the body away att) he will still mention or talk about it on further dialogues once he's back. There was also an occasion while being alone where the text displayed accounted for his presence nonetheless.
Can't point specifics because I was lazy and didn't take any screens. Sorrycop :negative:

Saduj

Arcane
Yesterday I reloaded the save I made right before the tribunal because I realized that I forgot to talk to Cuno afterwards. I had a few successful conversations with him but most of what he had to say up to this point was variations on "fuck off". But I figured "He has to admire Harry after he shoots the big merc in the face!". So I go through the whole tribunal again just to see what the lad has to say and he tells me that he heard I was crying the whole time and then had my dick shot off. :lol:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Question about tribunal:

Can you just sit back and let it happen? I ended up going in and getting minimum casualties, but I remember seeing the option to stay back. Curious if anyone's done this.

Prime Junta

A small bit of meta that made me LOL, that you’ll only get if you’re a Finnish and a bit of a boomer, I have no idea how Marat Sar knew about the reference.

Soona the programmer with the lovely Binnish accent? Her last name is Luukanen-Kilde. Rauni-Leena Luukanen-Kilde was a wonderful crackpot who wrote stuff about ufology, parapsychology, conspiracy theories and what have you. She thought the swine flu vaccine was a plot by Henry Kissinger to exterminate most of the world’s population. Would have made a quality Codexian.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rauni-Leena_Luukanen-Kilde

Vatnik Wumao
A small bit of meta that made me LOL, that you’ll only get if you’re a Finnish and a bit of a boomer, I have no idea how Marat Sar knew about the reference.

Soona the programmer with the lovely Binnish accent? Her last name is Luukanen-Kilde. Rauni-Leena Luukanen-Kilde was a wonderful crackpot who wrote stuff about ufology, parapsychology, conspiracy theories and what have you. She thought the swine flu vaccine was a plot by Henry Kissinger to exterminate most of the world’s population. Would have made a quality Codexian.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rauni-Leena_Luukanen-Kilde
By Ukko, Estonians are Finns after all.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kasparov Hey, Kasparov, out of curiosity, were you part of the original Tabletop literation of Disco Elysium. I'm curious as fuck about that one and wondering if I can hit you with a few questions.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Kasparov Hey, Kasparov, out of curiosity, were you part of the original Tabletop literation of Disco Elysium. I'm curious as fuck about that one and wondering if I can hit you with a few questions.
I am not :(

Aww, shit. I always wondered how the game looked like and if Harry/Kim and the rest were PCs or NPCs.
I believe a bunch of your colleagues you reach via the Kineema's radio are characters from those sessions. Robert might talk about that at some point (hey, how about a DEVBLOG down the road?!)

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
I believe a bunch of your colleagues you reach via the Kineema's radio are characters from those sessions. Robert might talk about that at some point (hey, how about a DEVBLOG down the road?!)

That would be pretty nice. I'm honestly interested in things about tabletop game and how they moved it into the paper, then into game.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

That would be pretty nice. I'm honestly interested in things about tabletop game and how they moved it into the paper, then into game.

Not sure if it is relevant, but Pathologic also started as a tabletop game almost 20 years ago.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer

It's been talked about in some interviews. Sorry I can't pull them up right now because there are a ton of them by now.

As far as I know Rob DMd using a modified DnD ruleset and then at some point went AWOL from civilian life for a couple of years and poured himself into creating a version of METRIC that you see in Disco. I remember leafing through this one ancient notebook that had pages and pages of little icons for skills that he'd meticulously drawn and descriptions of the situations where those skills would be used. If you look at the skill descriptions tab in Disco Elysium you'll get a longer description of what each one does and in what kind of situations they come into play. Take your set values, roll the dice, hope your DM is good and enjoy the game. The whole system is pretty straightforward and fun to play.

Not sure if it is relevant, but Pathologic also started as a tabletop game almost 20 years ago.
Yeah I have the box set they published a few years ago!

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Yeah I have the box set they published a few years ago!

I mean, there was another private group-game, much more fucked up, after which Dybowsky decided to make the game. The current tabletop Pathologic is adaptaton of adaptation then.

(also should I buy it?)

at some point went AWOL from civilian life for a couple of years and poured himself into creating a version of METRIC that you see in Disco.

Genius.

vota DC

Augur
Question about tribunal:

Can you just sit back and let it happen? I ended up going in and getting minimum casualties, but I remember seeing the option to stay back. Curious if anyone's done this.
You will always go in the middle. You can decide to not react to mercenaries.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I am not :(

Aww, shit. I always wondered how the game looked like and if Harry/Kim and the rest were PCs or NPCs.

Oh, I had lots of fun reading the old entries on the devblog. Lots of stuff there.

https://zaumstudio.com/devblog/page/21/

Deadass

Savant
what happens if
you don't give speed to Cuno? Does he appear on the island? I gave it to him but he wasn't there

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom