Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Reinhardt

Arcane
Nah, EA kills only decent studios.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Bioware has been dead a long time, this is just beating a dead horse far longer than is healthy

Frozen

Arcane
Every BioWare game has some side quest that rolls around morality of euthanasia, that was probably the doctors big philosophical issue.

So now the last thing left to do is re-create that quest in RL regarding the company as a whole- should it be killed in its vegetative state as it is (and there is no hope of revival) or put out of its misery.

Cael

Arcane
I wish they'd stop trying to milk dead cows. The yellow-green stuff just doesn't do it for anyone...

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
I think we'll witness EA pulling the plug on this terminal patient in this very thread, in about 2 to 3 years time. What a time to be alive
I don't know. EA has beenrunning out of studios and from what i've seen, are now using Bioware as their "rpg studio", big quotes on the rpg part. I think it's far more likely they'll just fire most of the team and resupply with whatever poor fools they hire next, whether through buying out a studio or random new employees.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
IDK if this is relevant for this thread but i can't find a better thread to post this sooo.. Dragon Age is getting a new comic (three-issue) about Fenris (my boy), called Dragon Age: Blue Wraith.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/09/27/new-dragon-age-comic-blue-wraith-fenris-dark-horse/

''"Dragon Age: Blue Wraith starts off with the fanatical Qunari seeking to topple the Tevinter mageocracy. Caught in the middle, one powerful young mage’s desperate search for her father brings her face-to-face with a notorious mage hunter—Fenris, the Blue Wraith."

It's set after the events of Dragon Age: Inquisition. The cover:
dragon-age-blue-wraith-cover-full-1189273.jpeg

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Ahh, not effing Fenris. Oh well, whatever keeps the franchise alive. Still... effing Fenris, brr.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Unless ALL characters are non-binary except for the powerful women characters I will not touch this game with a ten foot pole.

Prime Junta

Long delays rarely bode well.

I suppose if you want to be fabulously optimistic you could interpret that as somebody realising that they can't afford another Anthem or ME:A and hitting the reset button but... nah I don't think so. Prolly BioWare will be shut down before then anyway.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
It's expected. They rebooted the whole thing in 2018 or so when Anthem came to release.
Hopefully management will work better than for ME:A.

Why? ME:A was one of the funniest shits what happened that year. Bioware is lost cause, only entertainment we might get is Teh Lulz from the eventual trainwreck of DA 4.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...on-age-4-could-be-released-sometime-late-2022

Looks like Dragon Age 4 won't be released for at least another two years
Try to Andraste positive.

According to EA's most recent earnings call, it sounds like BioWare's next installment of Dragon Age won't be released for at least another two years.

During the call, EA's chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen said the game "probably comes after fiscal '22". This means the earliest we might see Dragon Age 4 is April 2022, the start of the following fiscal year.

"We typically don't give multiyear guidance this early in the year," said Jorgensen, in comments transcribed by Seeking Alpha. "I don't want to start giving '23 guidance now that I've started a hint on '22. But you should assume it's out there and plans are underway."

This isn't bad news for Dragon Age fans however, as a long wait hopefully means BioWare is taking its time to get things right.

We also have a rough time scale now for when the game might release, so fingers crossed we'll soon get some more exciting teasers like the one that dropped at The Game Awards last year.

That wasn't the only big news on EA's earnings call, though - the publisher also revealed there would be no new Battlefield coming out next year. It seems fans of EA's games will have to wait a little longer for the next installments of their favourite series.

Prime Junta

No doubt they're going "well, we fucked up, that's what we get when focusing on questions like 'how to keep players engaged' and 'how to monetise the player engagement,' we need to just get back to basics and make a really good, tight, exciting, compelling arr pee gee, so let's give it another two, three years."

LOL

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's a crazy long time. Think about it, the last "real BioWare" RPG from the Edmonton studio was Dragon Age: Inquisition back in 2014.

BioWare and Bethesda have somehow both fallen out of the RPG game at the same time, leaving an opening for other companies to take advantage of.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom