Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Modron

Arcane
Guise any Steam power users here?

Is there a log of my Steam notifications? Like when you follow certain games you get a notification (kindda like an achievement pop-up) when there's something new going on. I miss like half of them bc I'm usually in the middle of the game and they disappear super fast. It's starting to piss me off. Thx.
Not sure how to get notifications only but you can click your account name drop down menu and go to activity which will include subscribed alerts in addition to friend and personal activity (id est screenshots, favorites, achievements, et cetera). Just remove all your friends to get what you want :D.

You could also go to the News section select the My games from the channel list to filter news to stuff you own granted this might not be as select as you want either.
https://store.steampowered.com/news/?feed=mygames

Zibniyat

Arcane
I would like to recommend the following game:

Released very recently, it is an action-adventure game with focus on puzzles and good pixel-art. It's made from a Tainwanese company which seems to be quite good. Still, expect 0 marketing ever.

Thank you, looks lovely and reminds me somewhat of Ori and the Blind Forest. Since pretty-looking artistic platformers with nice music are my newfound love, I've purchased it.

Guise any Steam power users here?

Is there a log of my Steam notifications? Like when you follow certain games you get a notification (kindda like an achievement pop-up) when there's something new going on. I miss like half of them bc I'm usually in the middle of the game and they disappear super fast. It's starting to piss me off. Thx.
Damned if I know, sorry buddy. I don't follow games so I don't get news popups about 'em. My guess is they'd show on your "Activity" page if you're following them, but I don't know for sure.

Void_Pickle

Educated
Well, well.

Shadow of the Tomb Rider is like -73% for the complete package. Which still amounts to roughly 30$ which I deem too high for a popamole.
Still I'm tempted, as I have the other 2, I overall enjoyed them, and it irks me not to have them all.

A thing I wanted to buy is Tabletop Simulator.
I forgot the sale is horror themed, though, so sadly it's not discounted.
I might just pick it anyway.

It's worth it (tabletop sim that is). It does go on sale for 10 bucks pretty frequently though.

Codex Year of the Donut
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut is 90% off. It's a single game consisting of three games that were a trilogy stitched together. Definitely worth it at this price IMO.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

Banner of the Maid, a chinese (no idea if mainland or Taiwan) indie eastern tb tactics game about croissants and baguettes the french revolution now finally has an English translation.

It's up on the test/beta branch, not yet standard.

Game reviews are very positive even from English speakers pre-translation, and the ladies in it look a lot nicer than the ones in The Outer Butches. Has really nice graphics in general, it seems.

I'll bite the bullet and give it a try. Pray for my personal Information to stay safe from Chinese hackers, I guess.

Last edited:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Banner of the Maid, a chinese (no idea if mainland or Taiwan) indie eastern tb tactics game about croissants and baguettes the french revolution now finally has an English translation.

It's up on the test/beta branch, not yet standard.

Game reviews are very positive even from English speakers pre-translation, and the ladies in it look a lot nicer than the ones in The Outer Butches. Has really nice graphics in general, it seems.

I'll bite the bullet and give it a try. Pray for my personal Information to stay safe from Chinese hackers, I guess.

You're right. That's not how I usually imagine the French Revolution.

ss_42bb31983cffb13d25c631b1f535464e2251a005.1920x1080.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Endzone - A World Apart, a post apocalyptic survival city builder, from the developer of Pizza Connection 3 and the publisher of that and the new Leisure Suit Larry game:

ss_2d030c169f95c736c97cc52126613df2975ba324.600x338.jpg
ss_36b2dbd04652433353580e54a7363bc1c3e76c56.600x338.jpg

In 2021, a group of terrorists blew up nuclear power plants around the world and plunged the world into chaos. Only few were able to escape into underground facilities called "Endzones". 150 years later, mankind returns to the surface - under your command! In an extremely hostile environment full of radioactivity, contaminated rain and extreme climate change, you'll have to prove your worth as a leader.

features_banner_anim.gif

• Build a settlement on the hostile surface of the earth with over 30 different buildings and take care of your men, women and children.
  • Gather & refine many different resources and manage your economy by building an efficient infrastructure with streets and depositories.
  • Experience dynamically simulated, believable environments! Every ground cell in the game has its own humidity and radiation values.
  • Survive in a world of constant threats including radioactively contaminated ground, droughts, toxic rain and sandstorms.
  • Send expeditions to forgotten places and make meaningful decisions that change the fate of your people.
  • And many more features coming during our early access phase...

Imagine when they saw Paradox announcing a post-apocalyptic survival city builder.

Sub Terra Draconis, puzzly game from Crystal Shard:

ss_83dc677cd0c01fd181f2d3dd6d5d05f7db4f64a0.600x338.jpg
ss_dca0dda6efbfedfacc2c9101658dff8b690d61c9.600x338.jpg

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Endzone - A World Apart, a post apocalyptic survival city builder, from the developer of Pizza Connection 3 and the publisher of that and the new Leisure Suit Larry game:

ss_2d030c169f95c736c97cc52126613df2975ba324.600x338.jpg
ss_36b2dbd04652433353580e54a7363bc1c3e76c56.600x338.jpg

In 2021, a group of terrorists blew up nuclear power plants around the world and plunged the world into chaos. Only few were able to escape into underground facilities called "Endzones". 150 years later, mankind returns to the surface - under your command! In an extremely hostile environment full of radioactivity, contaminated rain and extreme climate change, you'll have to prove your worth as a leader.

features_banner_anim.gif

• Build a settlement on the hostile surface of the earth with over 30 different buildings and take care of your men, women and children.
  • Gather & refine many different resources and manage your economy by building an efficient infrastructure with streets and depositories.
  • Experience dynamically simulated, believable environments! Every ground cell in the game has its own humidity and radiation values.
  • Survive in a world of constant threats including radioactively contaminated ground, droughts, toxic rain and sandstorms.
  • Send expeditions to forgotten places and make meaningful decisions that change the fate of your people.
  • And many more features coming during our early access phase...

Imagine when they saw Paradox announcing a post-apocalyptic survival city builder.

Sub Terra Draconis, puzzly game from Crystal Shard:

ss_83dc677cd0c01fd181f2d3dd6d5d05f7db4f64a0.600x338.jpg
ss_dca0dda6efbfedfacc2c9101658dff8b690d61c9.600x338.jpg

This one looks better than the Paradox one, not speaking of the six gorillion DLCs you'll have to get for it to be decent.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
header.jpg

Memoirs of a Battle Brothel is a narrative-driven, tactical turn-based RPG with mechanics inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics and D&D 5e. Players assume the role of a Facilitator, an associate of the Courtesan’s Guild that provides much-needed services for guild members, including lodging and upkeep of facilities that attracts a wealthy clientele. Of course, in the cyberpunk setting of MoonFall, even luxuries are often undercut with the threat of violence. Whether it’s pressure from one of the ruling crime syndicates, disgruntled nobles or even a blood contract from a private military company, the Guild finds itself beset on all sides, sometimes even from within. In order to maintain its political standing and position in the MoonFall underworld, the Guild must occasionally meet force with force, and while its members are much more renowned for their other... talents, the Guild has retained a formidable martial reputation since its founding.

a narrative-driven, tactical turn-based RPG with mechanics inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics and D&D 5e

Codex10/10.txt :lol:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Ashland Dossier, Nazi hunting group simulator set in the Cold War:

ss_b987e00230130e029a1cc365cd6228ec5499fee7.600x338.jpg
ss_0a4a36eded77a695b973911c6fb5df7af228c43f.600x338.jpg

After WWII, numerous Nazis managed to slip through the cracks and escape overseas. This is why INCU (International Nazi Crime Unit) has been established with one and only specific goal in mind: to find them and get them back for a fair trial.

You will assume the role of officer who is looking for a distinct group of scoundrels. Every member of this group once used to be on staff at the most notorious concentration camp sadly known as «Ashland». In the past all of them committed extremely heinous crimes and now it is time to answer for it.

Key game features
  • Tense operations undertaken for pinpointing and extracting a suspect.
  • Rich lore and backstory of the unfolding events.
  • Scrupulous analyzing of intel, evidence and witnesses’ testimonies.
  • Two playable timelines: 1965 and 1941-1945.
  • Heavy emphasis on making sure criminals get the maximum potential sentence.
  • Deep and realistic look into the daily concentration camp functioning.
  • Searching for all available means that could help save as many fellow inmates as possible.
Operations
In order to bring your targets down you will have to utilize both cunning and brute force. A variety of gadgets and assets will help your agents find and successfully kidnap the suspects.

Witnesses
Fortunately, there are three witnesses standing by to assist INCU. They were once lucky enough to survive the deadly grasp of Ashland and now they are willing to contribute in catching their past tormentors.

Evidence
Not all the work is done strictly in the field. A good part of it is done at the office where you are going to analyze the intel and pass it further on to authorities. The indictment and hence the sentencing, will be based on what proof you managed to prepare.

World
It is 1965 and another wretched Chimera is about to surface — Vietnam conflict. The Cold War is also at its peak, so the international attention is drawn away from the past. No one wants to remember what had happened 20 years ago and quite a few people for certain reasons want it to remain this way. That is exactly why you should expect some hostile attitude even today.

It is perfectly clear that no crime should ever be forgotten. Especially if it is a crime against humanity. And a just punishment for all those involved will serve as an example for future generations.

%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5_viber_2019-10-03_11-10-55.png

Natural Instincts, some kind of nature simulator:

ss_ffdf53fd73a258a55d33f87e5207dcc27dff1590.600x338.jpg
ss_bb235b43a65f06ee90877c1a0473b627d20c79aa.600x338.jpg

Ensure the safety of the animals
In Natural Instincts, your task is to protect the animals from the dangers of the modern world. Help the animals by giving them different kinds of hints. Show them where the food or water is, find them a new home or select their prey. Help the animals procreate and save them from harm!

Explore different surroundings
Play in one of six distinct environments, each being unique in terms of weather, plants and animals which are inhabiting them. Each ecosystem is different and will present you with new challenges and missions. Guide the wolves in European forests, save the penguins in Antarctica or command the lions in hot Africa - each biome is a new adventure to explore!

Show them how to survive
Use your powers to teach the animals how to avoid harm! Direct them away from the streets, to make them avoid the traffic. Make them run away from hunters and save them from natural disasters. The animals will learn based on your actions - command them wisely as the balance in the ecosystem is fragile. Do not let them go extinct!

They need your help
During gameplay, you will face many events - save the animals from human influence and disasters such as fires or droughts. You can lead the animals to extermination or bring balance and multiply their population. It all depends on you!

Watch their rituals
Different animals mean different behaviour that you can observe, while they are mating, eating or even hunting. Watch them as their population grows, see how they behave and react, and teach them to avoid danger!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
AIM 3: War Protocol, a sequel to Russian sci-fi FPS/RPG AIM 2: Clan War, by the original designer:

ss_c8742f77ec2d70ae7ece8e6f7c542b2d9247160d.600x338.jpg
ss_6a18f7fa30d33eec3059a961d6dc9a58cf21a853.600x338.jpg

From wiki: https://aim-artificial-intelligence-machine.fandom.com/wiki/A.I.M._3

Bulat "Dust" Dautov, scenarist and game designer of the entire A.I.M. saga mentioned three proposed stories to take place after A.I.M. 2. In all of them he hints that Creators will make a return. He also proposes that the third game could take place in space around Polygon-4.

In June 22, 2018 he wrote an message in Skyriver Studios forum saying that he's planning to create the third game of A.I.M. series (considering that A.I.M. Racing is based on side story) using Unreal Engine 4, made by Epic Games. He said that the game most likely will not be called A.I.M. 3, Mechanoids or something similar because of the right of Skyriver Studios and 1C Company. He has also created Telegram news channel and chat.

I guess he somehow got the rights?

Though the game in its current state looks very basic.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Story of a Gladiator, a beat 'em up by the developers of Dark Quest RPG series:

ss_44b6556cfe65e34b2d4b20f3f1343effb465db4f.600x338.jpg
ss_5ac8c9bf14b1f2240f992b4951a48590a1d01349.600x338.jpg

You are a common man who has lost everything in the war against the Roman empire. Your family is dead, your friends are dead, your house has been burned down and your land is now under Roman rule. Despite such misfortune you have managed to escape slavery or worse. You spend much of your time in the streets of Rome looking for some sort of meaning in your life and wondering why the gods have spared you. One day fate finally reveals itself, are you ready to accept it?

storePageDescription1.png

• Learn combat skills and moves that will dazzle your enemies
• Over 80 enemy gladiators and 20 animals each with unique fighting strategy
• 3 arenas with 36 battles and 3 bosses
• Win the favor of the crowd and receive unexpected help
• Pray to the gods and call upon them to help you win battles
• Train your very own tiger pet
• Choose your origin, from Greece, Carthage and Egypt
• Rogue-like mode available for those who were born gladiators
• Full keyboard & gamepad support with customizable controls

The arena awaits you, gladiator
DIE WITH HONOR!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom