Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hi I just heard of this gaem on Codex. Why is the thread 100+ pages long after only half a month?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
From what game this is?

giphy.gif
OK will try again. From what outdated metal group that is,or maybe some stupid film?:lol::lol::lol:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Prime Junta

Your problem fantadomat is that a lot of time you're legit retarded so it's really hard to tell when you're larping.

Weird thing is, some of the time you're not. Is it related to the alcohol level in your blood or something?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Your problem fantadomat is that a lot of time you're legit retarded so it's really hard to tell when you're larping.

Weird thing is, some of the time you're not. Is it related to the alcohol level in your blood or something?
Nah most of the time i am "retarded" is because of opposite views not because i am :). Also i am accordingly to the IQ test pretty smart,around 120ish. And that i didn't like in my self and i do try to change it. Being smart is a shit thing mate,most people think that you are dumb because they are not on your level and don't understand you. Hard to have a good conversation,next to impossible to find yourself a woman and the worst is that you overthink shit and end up doing nothing :).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I like Fantadomat reviews better than Juntas.
Thanks mate,still i haven't wrote a Disco and outer garbage ones yet. Disco got me too depressed that there is not more of it,so i got pretty drunk the next two days and time passed on :),while outer worlds was far too boring to write one. If i wrote a outer garbage review,it would have been taken as edgy shit because the game doesn't have single positive thing about. For Disco i wouldn't mind scratching a fast one if there are still people wondering if the game is wort playing and looking for an info.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thanks mate,still i haven't wrote a Disco and outer garbage ones yet. Disco got me too depressed that there is not more of it,so i got pretty drunk the next two days and time passed on :),while outer worlds was far too boring to write one. If i wrote a outer garbage review,it would have been taken as edgy shit because the game doesn't have single positive thing about. For Disco i wouldn't mind scratching a fast one if there are still people wondering if the game is wort playing and looking for an info.

Write a Disco review comparing it to the experience of being Bulgarian, based on a drunk playthrough.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Write a Disco review comparing it to the experience of being Bulgarian, based on a drunk playthrough.
That is impossible mate,i won't have any memory from the experience. Also winter is coming,will be shit if i wake up half naked in some forest/park.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Nah most of the time i am "retarded" is because of opposite views not because i am :). Also i am accordingly to the IQ test pretty smart,around 120ish. And that i didn't like in my self and i do try to change it. Being smart is a shit thing mate,most people think that you are dumb because they are not on your level and don't understand you. Hard to have a good conversation,next to impossible to find yourself a woman and the worst is that you overthink shit and end up doing nothing :).
I feel for you, on behalf of us who didn't pretend to be dumb, and found themselves smart women.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I feel for you, on behalf of us who didn't pretend to be dumb, and found themselves smart women.

He is around 120ish on the Bulgarian IQ scale. A real tragedy.

Rev

Arcane
I started the game some days ago and wow, it's just something else.
I'm at day 4, I'm playing as a high INT, good PSY but terrible in the other stats character and I'm trying to stay sober and improve poor Harry's life, so far the investigations is going rather well (at least I think) and I've been doing a lot of side activities too.

The game is really good, whenever I start playing it keeps me hooked for hours, mainly thanks to its writing. I had my shares of doubts about these Estonian guys coming up with this incredibly ambitious rpg (along with the hope that it would turn out to be good or even great) but so far they are delivering. Dialogues range from very funny to exuberant and weird (but in a good way), and then to more serious and sad, capable of hitting you in the guts quite hard in some occasions, the characters are quite memorable too and the world feels alive even if it's not a game like Gothic in which NPCs all have their own routines and all that stuff, ofc.
If it keeps like this, it can probably shape up to be the rpg of the year and even GOTY.

Also, it seems to be extremely replayable and I want to try a lot of other playstyles in the future and see how it goes. The impression is that, with different stats the investigation could've gone very differently, maybe I wouldn't have catch some details, maybe I would've discovered something else and I'm eager to test the game's reactivity.

ParadoxPersonified0

Barely Literate
Hey. I'm about to start my first playthrough of DE. I usually do some research and planning before I play any game. I can't decide on what build should go in DE. I was thinking an intelligent/socially intelligent copper, so focusing on INT and PSYCHE I have no idea how to distribute my points.

I got two questions:
1) Should I build in favor of PSY/INT like 4 4 2 2 or should I go full extremes ie 6 4 1 1 or 5 5 1 1. The default builds seem to be pretty "extreme" ie 1 logic 5 psyche or 6 intelligence, 1 psyche etc.
2) Also - is it a good idea to select your signature skill outside of the skills you want to focus? For example is going 4 4 2 2 but signature in perceptiona good idea? I heard it's a very important skill and it'd raise cap for other skills in that tree to 3 , or is it better to pick a signature from a tree that you focus on ie from INT or PSY like logic, rhetorics or suggestion?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom