Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Noita - magical action roguelike where every pixel is physically simulated

Destroid

Arcane
The enemy variety really amps up as you go down the levels - furthest I've been so far is the something something base at around 900m depth. The most annoying thing for me is trying interpret the stats of the wands into something meaningful. At a certain point you just start drowning in so much money its ridiculous, not sure what that's about.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Had a spell that spawned a magical wand. Tested it out in the purchasing area. Wand spawns. Follows me around. Cool.

Pick up my new attribute or whatever and the ceiling falls down like usual. However, ceiling chunks kill my magical floating wand friend.

Dead wand friend drops a single gold coin. Nice. I go back to pick it up, throwing myself into a little wedge in the debris to get it.

I can't get out. There's not enough time, certainly not 127 hours, to properly extricate myself. The chunks smash me to death.

So ends my most successful run.

Nice game, btw.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The enemy variety really amps up as you go down the levels - furthest I've been so far is the something something base at around 900m depth. The most annoying thing for me is trying interpret the stats of the wands into something meaningful. At a certain point you just start drowning in so much money its ridiculous, not sure what that's about.

Wand stats are pretty straightforward, it just need a screen that shows the CURRENT stats of the wand with all of the modifiers applied.

Unfortunately it is pretty difficult to display due to all of the combinations you can have (probably would need to be mouse hover for every spell or something)

Arrowgrab

Arbiter
The enemy variety really amps up as you go down the levels - furthest I've been so far is the something something base at around 900m depth.

Speaking of, how do you know your depth? I'm feeling a bit silly, but I can't see a depth display on the screen.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Lesson for the day: Slime also conducts electricity. Don't switch to your thunder stone while swimming in slime.

noita-20191104-192200toks3.gif

Visperas

Augur
Why did you pick up the thunderstone? How do you guys use it? I pretty much never pick that up 'cause I can't think of a good way to use it. You can throw it into a pool of something if there's enemies inside but then you can't recover the gold. I don't know...

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Throwables work great in the early part of the mountain. The Emerald Tablet especially because it instagibs most things and counts as environmental kill so you get double gold. Thunder Stones can work great against stuff like those early fire throwing dudes. If you're dry, that is.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Shit! What's in that wand? And what are its stats?

The one you get from the top level of the Tower.

Basically you can put any single spell into it and it will murderize things. Only has six slots or so. -30 to casting delay, or something absurd like that. I boosted it with a +mana modifier.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
855ed6618d.jpg

Well, I guess I won't have any digging issues anymore during this run.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom