Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets opening a new RPG studio - Digimancy Entertainment

Beastro

Arcane
Last edited:

pomenitul

Arbiter
Who cares what the Codex thinks? Just pick whichever class tickles your fancy and knock yourself out. There's no need to powergame your way through, it's not a particularly demanding title.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Fuck. I want to troop through NWN2 vanilla and end on MotB. What class should I play?

Barbarian gets some unique content in MotB, Longsword is a very heavily recommended weapon for storyfags, but yeah just roll with what takes your fancy or research a power build that rubs your rhubarb. Check out Liluras blog for a good modding guide.

Prime Junta

Fuck. I want to troop through NWN2 vanilla and end on MotB. What class should I play?

If you really want to, play as a drow with one of their speshul classes. You'll be able to grind enough XP to start at level 20, which is four levels more than you would otherwise. Powergaming megamix.

Sentinel

Arcane

Jesus, you say that, but you don’t—you really don’t. Just skip directly to MotB.
I've played MotB and never got past the first chapter in NWN2. I never touched SoZ, so I kind of want to go through all of them. See if the NWN2 fuss is true or it being horribly shit is overblown. But yeah just remembering the camera of NWN2 is making me rethink my options. Maybe I'll continue playing DiRT Rally instead.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cleric of Ilmater has some special lines. Rogue has an easier time dealing with some traps at very specific areas. That's it, really.

Just do you. Whatever you want. That's why MotB is great.

G Ziets

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
G Ziets Will your presentation at GDEX be uploaded somewhere? If not, can you share the slides/notes you used? :M
I don’t think GDEX posts the presentations... I could be wrong. My slides tend to be mostly pictures and thus useless without my narration, but one of these days I really should upload a modified version to Tumblr.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I wonder what kind of RPG Ziets wants to make. Maybe he mentioned this before, but I missed the news. I heard Sawyer wants to make a historical RPG like Darklands which is his favourite, but with Ziets and Avellone I don't know.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Cleric of Ilmater has some special lines. Rogue has an easier time dealing with some traps at very specific areas. That's it, really.

Just do you. Whatever you want. That's why MotB is great.

Cleric of Kelemnvor or whatever this god of Death is spelled has some unique lines too and you will get very cool long sword in game rather fast so I would recommend using this weapons too.

Deleted Member 16721

I don’t think GDEX posts the presentations... I could be wrong. My slides tend to be mostly pictures and thus useless without my narration, but one of these days I really should upload a modified version to Tumblr.

What sort of RPG would you like to make? I know you can't talk about specifics but a general idea would be welcomed. We're all super interested in your potential projects. :)

G Ziets

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer

What sort of RPG would you like to make? I know you can't talk about specifics but a general idea would be welcomed. We're all super interested in your potential projects. :)
I’ve currently got a document full of RPG and RPG-hybrid pitches. We’ve started prototyping one of them – I can’t say much about it yet, except that it’s an original setting with a vibe you’d expect from us. Down the road, we’re planning to develop some concept art pieces and setting info that we can share.

Of course, there are also some existing IPs that I’d love to work in. For example, I’d happily drop everything for a Ravenloft RPG. In fact, a number of the WotC IPs would be fantastic, like Dark Sun and Planescape. In the Matt Chat interview, we talked about some other possibilities too - spiritual successors and novels that would lend themselves to great RPGs. (I think he’ll be posting those segments soon.)

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I’ve currently got a document full of RPG and RPG-hybrid pitches. We’ve started prototyping one of them

So, RPG or RPG hybrid ?
What does RPG hybrid even mean for you, an adventure game with RPG elements, Quest For Glory-like or a RPG with dumbed down mechanism ?

G Ziets

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
I’ve currently got a document full of RPG and RPG-hybrid pitches. We’ve started prototyping one of them

So, RPG or RPG hybrid ?
What does RPG hybrid even mean for you, an adventure game with RPG elements, Quest For Glory-like or a RPG with dumbed down mechanism ?
For me, RPG hybrids are games with strong RPG elements (solid narrative, choices and consequences, character management, etc.) but nontraditional gameplay. A good example would be King of Dragon Pass. Personally, I’m a fan of strategy games (especially grand strategy and turn-based strategy), so my hybrid ideas often borrow elements from that genre, or at least use them as a starting point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom