Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzcon 2019

Sentinel

Arcane
It looked great. Cautiously optimistic. Glad Druid is in.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Gerrard

Arcane
BABY ALPACA

CPx9BNb.png

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The combat engine in D3 was really good IMO so I don't mind if they keep that, the problem was the awful character system, itemization, later added level scaling. If they can fix that it could be good, but I doubt they can. They got the message on the artstyle at least, so we'll see.

J1M

Arcane
The combat engine in D3 was really good IMO so I don't mind if they keep that, the problem was the awful character system, itemization, later added level scaling. If they can fix that it could be good, but I doubt they can. They got the message on the artstyle at least, so we'll see.
They need to re-introduce grid movement.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I like how kids in the audience have no fucking clue what's going on and sit there confused. Their parents are gleeful instead.

J1M

Arcane
Annoying and hard to follow how Sylvannis became so powerful when she used to be some dead elf ghost, but I'm really glad it isn't just "return of the lich king".

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Saw the trailer and thought "holy shit is this the old Blizzard coming back...you know, the SC1/Diablo1/Diablo2 Blizzard, before all their games adopted an aesthetics aimed at 8 year olds?"

Then I saw the gameplay and nope, seems old Blizzard is still dead. Looked like an old D3 footage, only desaturated.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
This. Diablo 3 still feels the best to play out of all the ARPGs just in terms of how impactful and crunchy combat feels like. It just shits the bed with the visuals and how character building doesn't have any "permanency". If they can fix the tone and how char building works and have some actual challenge it'll probably be a fine game. My only worry is that they are going to add a cash shop where they are going to fleece the fuck out of us with new mount skins and stuff like that. The reason why BfA has been one of their most profitable expansions despite how low the player numbers have been is exactly because of how much money they've made selling mount skins on the shop. Once you taste that kind of money there's no going back.

Churrasco

Augur
Patron
Wasteland 2
Nice WoW: Shadowlands, choose a order hall covenant. oh and there are new dungeons and raids, truly a staggering amount of content

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hearthstone news might have as well been presented to random people on the streets. Guy shows some dragon card, awkward silence, guy acts like nothing happened.
Since they started selling 3 full-blown expansions every fucking year HS collapsed into a pure whaling operation. The only people still involved are cretins spending 2k a year, streamers and people watching streamers.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Jacob
8 minutes ago
Okay Blizz can we PLEASE get a reason as to why Sylvanas is so powerful now?

Julien Charron
1 minute ago
She's a strong and independant woman. That's why.

J1M

Arcane
Looks like they are slowly building their Titan MMO crowdfunded by loot boxes.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Well, Diablo 4 isn't a Skyrim/Borderlands mix mash, but the gameplay trailer they showed actually looks very legit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom