Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzcon 2019

Tehdagah

Arcane
The crowd looks disgusting.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
If I understood it correctly sharing playerbases between Overwatch 1 and 2, so you can still play the first game's characters and levels with players that have the sequel, sounds like a great idea.

Tehdagah

Arcane
If I understood it correctly sharing playerbases between Overwatch 1 and 2, so you can still play the first game's characters and levels with players that have the sequel, sounds like a great idea.
Good, I barely played the first game.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
PoE combat impact shits all over D3's paper monsters with MMO hit detection. Just last month played D3 and felt very inferior to PoE.

PoE improved a lot when they added lockstep, but it has never felt as smooth as D3 combat wise.

Not to say PoE isn't better in almost every other way of course.

Suicidal

Arcane
This was even more boring than last year's Blizzcon. At least that one had the Diablo Immortal announcement which made for some fun memes and drama. Not a single new thing they shoved today I have even a tiny speck of excitement for.

Gerrard

Arcane
Well, Diablo 4 isn't a Skyrim/Borderlands mix mash, but the gameplay trailer they showed actually looks very legit.
Considering there's like 5 enemies on the screen at any time except those skeletons, maybe they just changed the camera at the last moment.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Well, Diablo 4 isn't a Skyrim/Borderlands mix mash, but the gameplay trailer they showed actually looks very legit.
Considering there's like 5 enemies on the screen at any time except those skeletons, maybe they just changed the camera at the last moment.

It was very odd that the presenter had to say it's isometric, maybe the rumors were true and I would not be surprised if they actually changed it back in the last moment :lol:

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
New engine to do Borderlands SFM in. Good.

Effectively killing the Lich King in a c i n e m a t i c (and with death by Sylvanas no less). Bad.

J1M

Arcane
Diablo IV panel:

It's weird for them to expect people to applaud when a producer is talking. I know they booted the lead game designer from the panel to meet the diversity quota, but find a female artist or something.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Effectively killing the Lich King in a c i n e m a t i c (and with death by Sylvanas no less). Bad.
I don't think Ner'zhul only has that helmet as his phylactery, and doesn't exist anywhere else. Always thought that this armor is more of a prison, and he exists in another plane. Maybe he's with the other "death" forces this expansion will be themed around. Who owns the dead, where they go, what they are, etc, is in the air. And we get to see Vol'jin again maybe.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex

It was very odd that the presenter had to say it's isometric, maybe the rumors were true and I would not be surprised if they actually changed it back in the last moment :lol:

And did you notice they ride horses now?

J1M

Arcane
I don't think Ner'zhul only has that helmet as his phylactery, and doesn't exist anywhere else. Always thought that this armor is more of a prison, and he exists in another plane. Maybe he's with the other "death" forces this expansion will be themed around. Who owns the dead, where they go, what they are, etc, is in the air. And we get to see Vol'jin again maybe.
From what I've heard there is a lore book where Arthas and Nerzhul have a soul battle in the helmet and Arthas eradicates Nerzhul.

Basically, just wait for the retcon to explain things.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Do they or that was a skill like that the Crusader has?

J1M

Arcane

In-game store skill.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
From what I've heard there is a lore book where Arthas and Nerzhul have a soul battle in the helmet and Arthas eradicates Nerzhul.

Basically, just wait for the retcon to explain things.
Yes, Nerzhul being completely dead/banished by Arthas has been the lore since Wrath.

Hellion

Arcane
unknown.png

WE WUZ BARBS N SHIET

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex

At least 2 different classes appear horse riding in the trailer. Why would you need a mount in a game with scroll of town portal? Unless...

J1M

Arcane
It sounds a lot like the are going to have level scaling everywhere.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Diablo looks amazing to be honest. Gameplay wise also some great improvements. More open world, character customization, more customization of classes etc

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Dawkinsfan69's Blizzcon 2019 Opening Ceremony Review:

1) Diablo IV:

I hate ARPGs. It's a mindless skinnerbox looter genre. They tend to be fun for the first hour or so, until you have a full ability bar and are literally stomping through everything without even paying attention to the game. Making Diablo for mobile was actually the correct decision on Blizz's part, because this genre is best played in 10 minute bursts (while taking a shit, etc..) to decompress. Diablo IV is completely unnecessary and probably won't have much of a playerbase but I feel like Blizz made it to pander to old nostalgic retards, the same reason they remade WoW Classic. I wouldn't be surprised if Immortal is much more successful.

By the way, the only saving grace of the genre, the necromancer class, isn't present. So fuck you, Blizz.

F

2) WoW: Shadowlands

Look at this artwork (trailer):

OpenC068.jpg

Now look at this (in-game):

OpenC072.jpg

Need I say any more? Trailers for WoW are and have always been incredibly badass, then you see in game footage and it's like "welcome to toon-land watch me auto-attack this spider for 5 minutes". WoW is awful, and no cinematic trailer will ever remedy this. They need to either rebuild the game from the ground up, or give up on it and just make movies. And we all know the game will just be more of the same: mindless grind to max level, then mindless grind to max gear, then mindless grind for the possibility of a +1 int butthole plug. Is blizz incapable of creating games that hold player attention without loot-addiction? Why do all of their games need to be some carrot-on-a-stick perpetual loot grind?

Trailer: A
Game: F

3) Hearthstone

I like Hearthstone, but the new keyword "invoke" and set seemingly based around Galakrond shows a lack of creativity. It's basically just a weaker reskin of C'thuun. Also, they showed a new "Ysera" which is actually a much weaker version of Ysera that's already in standard. So... Why? Nobody's going to play a garbage card like this.
That said, I like dragons and the set's based around dragons so that's p. cool I guess.

D (for dragon)

4) Hearthstone: Battlegrounds

Fuck
Autochess

It's already a dead genre, wtf are they even thinking??? get this shit out of my card game

F

5) Overwatch

Litereally who gives a fuck I can't be bothered to watch this dogshit

F

6) Starcraft

Uhh this is like the 5th year in a row with no announcements I can't even give a grade because they apparently don't give a fuck about any of their games unless they're loot-addiction shit

---------------

So blizz fails to display a single creative cell in their entire

you know what fuck it this isn't worth my time

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom