Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I'm playing Lost Ark right now and this diablo thing looks like shit compared to it gameplay-wise.

Seriously? Lost Ark is another barbie dressing game aka d3 clone.
Do you know any Diablo type games that have complex combat? I wanna play them but all the ones I've tried are mindless :/
Does it have to be isometric?
Nope anything.

Sentinel

Arcane
I'm playing Lost Ark right now and this diablo thing looks like shit compared to it gameplay-wise.

Do you know any Diablo type games that have complex combat? I wanna play them but all the ones I've tried are mindless :/
Does it have to be isometric?
Nope anything.
Nioh.

Sentinel

Arcane
The problem with Diablo that goes back to D2 is that it has gone so far from its Judeo-Christian imagery and has pretty much its own in-game religious symbols at this point which means fuck-all to anybody.

They had a perfect opportunity to showcase some discomfort in the D4 cinematic trailer. When they hung all three of the adventurers upside down, they should have had their arms stretch out to make an inverted Cross symbol or even have them overwhelmed and sacrificed on altars by some creepy as fuck Devil worshiping cult speaking tongues. But they just went the typical, "have blood and stuff come out and then have it spill over some random glyphs that nobody can identify or give a shit about."

If you want to make your game feel evil and Satanic, then do what Satanism is supposed to be all about and that is pissing people off or making them feel highly uncomfortable.

And can someone in that sodomite state of California have the balls to put a proper inverted pentagram in this game and not some, "oooh, it looks like a pentagram because it's encircled and is a spooky symbol except it's not really a pentagram" Great Value brand knock off shit?

If your game about the Devil fails to make me want to take up a sword, shield, throw on a tabard with the Cross on it and go on a Holy inquisition to smite the lands of all Satanic practice with brutal divine justice then your game already sucks. Speaking of which, are they really going to not launch this game with the Paladin again?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

Sentinel

Arcane
is a spooky symbol except it's not really a pentagram

It was just a triangle, really. Not even something remotly religious.

What does that have to with anything?
The problem with Diablo that goes back to D2 is that it has gone so far from its Judeo-Christian imagery and has pretty much its own in-game religious symbols at this point which means fuck-all to anybody.
I'm not into the occult so I don't know the glyphs retards used to summon rape demons irl. Do I care if Blizzard uses the 100% accurate satan-verified ones? Not really. I wouldn't know if they did.

Codex Year of the Donut

of all the left click simulators I've played, grim dawn was probably the one with the combat I hated the least

jf8350143

Liturgist
The game might be shit, but that trailer was pretty sick, that last shot is really impressive.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
You don't need to be into the occult to recognize a fucking cross or pentagram, and 'generic fantasy church' has a lot less impact than a real church with familiar trappings and signs of horrible things that happened there.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I'm not into the occult so I don't know the glyphs retards used to summon rape demons irl. Do I care if Blizzard uses the 100% accurate satan-verified ones? Not really. I wouldn't know if they did.

Unless you grew up in an attic and were periodically fed fish heads through a pulley system, I'm pretty sure people know that an inverted pentagram tends to be very closely associated with Satanism or some sort of devil bullshit.

Sentinel

Arcane

Unless you grew up in an attic and were periodically fed fish heads through a pulley system, I'm pretty sure people know that an inverted pentagram tends to be very closely associated with Satanism or some sort of devil bullshit.
I also happen to know that there's plenty of other occult glyphs that are -not- inverted pentagrams. Inverted pentagrams are as pop culture as you get. For all you know Blizzard are using glyphs from a medieval book on the occultism.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
I can't wait for it to have no offline mode
lmao
https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-4-offline-mode/
Diablo 4 will not have an offline mode, and the game is 'not coming anytime soon'

By James Davenport 3 hours ago

The 'shared open world' will require an internet connection, and it sounds like Diablo 4 is still a good ways off.
s2DbpPixHnrt2RHMjHDWxB-320-80.jpg

(Image credit: Blizzard)
Diablo 4 will not have an offline mode and will require an internet connection to play, Blizzard said during an interview at BlizzCon today.

We asked lead designer Joe Shely if it was possible to play Diablo 4 offline. "There's a large, seamless, connected, and shared space in the world, going down into dungeons, being able to group with your friends, trading and PvP. We feel that the best way to experience that is in a world that is online," Shely responded.

The "shared open world" essentially gives Diablo 4 the form of an MMO, so it's not surprising that it will require an always-on internet connection in order to populate the world with other players. You'll be able to play solo, but not offline.

Detailed during the Diablo 4 Revealed panel, Diablo 4 will feature world events, towns that act as social hubs, PvP zones, and a persistently populated open world. The decision makes sense for a more social Diablo 4, and has become the norm in the years since Diablo 3's release, which was one of the first games to adopt the then-controversial always-online approach.

During the panel, Blizzard also said that Diablo 4's release is a long ways off. "We are not coming out soon. Not even 'Blizzard soon'," said director Luis Barriga.

As one ponders an always-on Diablo, one can't help but remember the legendarily bad connection issues Diablo 3 experienced when it debuted in March 2012. Even so many years later, the specter of "Error 37" hangs over the series: Diablo 3 was inaccessible to some players for days following launch, after which Blizzard implemented a login queue system. Another much-criticized element of Diablo 3, the real money auction house, closed in 2014 and does not yet show signs of being revived for the sequel.

Head over to our BlizzCon 2019 hub for more news from this year's convention.

Well, the aesthetic is dramatically improved. They got that message. The beginning of the cinematic definitely suggests a return to its roots. As others have stated, it still looks heavily D3 by the gameplay--likely even the same engine. I did notice some introductions to veriticality, and mobility seems to play a large part, so hopefully it has evolved somewhat. It looks like there are only three classes, Barbarian for the melee, Wizard for the caster, and a Druid filling the role for those who want something in-between. The optimistic part of me wants to think that this is a wise choice, to have truly refined and distinct classes. The pessimistic part of me thinks this is just so that they can put classes into the guaranteed DLCs. Much too soon to call. At least with the aesthetic and mood improvements, it appears that much of the backlash has sunk in. D3 left the lore irredeemably damaged, but I'll be curious to see what this one produces, since they are clearly try to bandage their wounds. Mildly excited.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I also happen to know that there's plenty of other occult glyphs that are -not- inverted pentagrams. Inverted pentagrams are as pop culture as you get. For all you know Blizzard are using glyphs from a medieval book on the occultism.

Oh please, they're just doing shit any of us can do with a pencil and a few glasses of rum in our system to guide the way.

mondblut

Arcane
If your game about the Devil fails to make me want to take up a sword, shield, throw on a tabard with the Cross on it and go on a Holy inquisition to smite the lands of all Satanic practice with brutal divine justice then your game already sucks.

Well, their first game about the Devil failed to make me fall on my knees in devout worship, so it already sucked back then. :obviously:

Generic-Giant-Spider

If your game about the Devil fails to make me want to take up a sword, shield, throw on a tabard with the Cross on it and go on a Holy inquisition to smite the lands of all Satanic practice with brutal divine justice then your game already sucks.

Well, their first game about the Devil failed to make me fall on my knees in devout worship, so it already sucked back then. :obviously:

Diablo 1 was the only great Diablo game.

D2 was okay, nowhere near as good as the first.

D3 sucked.

D4 will suck.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
In nutshell
Diablo 1 - ARPG
Diablo 1 HELLFIRE - ARPG
Diablo 2 classic - ARPG
Diablo 2 LOD - Arpg / loot hunter hybrid
Diablo 3 - Pure barbie dressing game
Diablo 3 RoS - Barbie dressing game where at least the loot is not awful
Diablo 4 - ???

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom