Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Neanderthal

Arcane
No offline, no purchase.
Made me cackle that they're advertising horseriding as a feature, Sacred from fifteen years back says hello.

user

Savant
Path of Exile touts "different builds" but the reality is that everyone just copies from a handful of builds on the forums because nobody wants to play a gimp.

Dead wrong mate. There is a "meta" at every patch, but that's mostly because of the new stuff. There are countless more-than-viable builds you can make.

Sure, about twice as many, but so what? Most of them are going to be passive effects or CWDT and one of them is a travel skill. The amount of skills that you actively use for combat purposes isn't going to exceed what's in D3.

If I sound like a fanboy, it's because I AM. But seriously now, you are correct, but it always depends on the build. Sure you can make a build with 2 active skills and many passive effects. You can make piano builds as well - not counting the passive auras which you don't even have to bind. PoE's strong suit is the sheer number of skills and combinations you can choose from. Theorycrafting builds in PoE is a game by itself.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
I still can't get past the VEGAN tatoo. Take a minute and think what kind of retard does that. That's who is supposed to make the hard decisions for this game...

Path of Exile touts "different builds" but the reality is that everyone just copies from a handful of builds on the forums because nobody wants to play a gimp.

Most players can't distinguish between a good and bad build if it clears screen in a couple of seconds. So yeah, PoE has TONS of different builds.

Last edited:

Hot Coldman

Educated
I still can't get past the VEGAN tatoo. Take a minute and think what kind of retard does that. That's who is supposed to make the hard decisions for this game...

It's a clown world. AAA game is a complete shit fest. Same with TOW
The writers are NPCs and the guy overseeing color scheme is severely colorblind ;-)

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Diablo still female
Nigger barbarian
Only 3 classes??
:hahano:
Lilith isn't Diablo
Paladin was a nigger in D2
There are more than 3 classes.

But original lore says nigga are sorcerers then in D2 black alpha nigga becomes Independent stronk white woman but they realized It was an error: you have even Witch doctor in D3 because ooga booga.
Seriously with all black black why should do White magic like a paladin or go full melee like the barbarian?
what white womyn? sorceress is obviously inspired by east/egypt whatever.
I can't think of a better place for a female character in this setting than caster from matriarchial clan of witches who, add or take some symbolism could pass for your usual ancient goddess depiction. the persian and babylonian theme in fact would fit extremely well into whole diablo world, too bad it is ignored by everyone nowadays when it comes to creating settings. Nergal is sad he is not in the Sanctuary.
well maybe another way you could do it is add some amazon inspired ch-... oh wait.
wizardry, if you read diablo 1 manual or diablo 2 manual (I had original big box with lore booklet) came from typical mythos of mysterious arabian mages of the east
it's all nicely integrated into the setting which is basically 11th century post apocalyptic satanic fantasy. in fact, Diablo might be the only fantasy setting which integrates blacks and muslims into itself in a reasonable way.

in fact they should have doubled down on everything and make map look similar to irl, and add some similar historical events into it, like Warhammer Fantasy Battles did (before it was killed off by cunts). some crusade against Prime Evil lost in the sands of shaitans with locals picking up on zakarum faith and taking arms against demons would not hurt. would explain well a black paladin.

The tibetan steppes with idols inside mountains and ruined indian statue look alright, although my guess would be they worked on this to appease the asian market, not out of interest to history or anything.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's not going to be like Diablo 1, so not going to play. I also hate Blizzard, so no loss to me. Besides, I don't want to be associated with Blizzard fans:
tdeu1b5.png
and this I just love the most.

So not only Bethesda from bad guy would be great guy again after new TES, but Blizzard "dont you guys have phones" would also be praised by same people (and youtubers im sure) who cashed in on videos about how they're baaaad.

I am fully waiting of all sins forgiven right after their new big games come out :shitposting:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
As improved as the cinematic is over the garbage that blizzard has been producing lately, it's still far too clean and reeks of the exhaustingly epic direction the series took with 3 (began taking with 2), as opposed to the subterranean, filthy darkness of Diablo 1 and the best parts of 2.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Dont be weak, do not believe lies. YOUR DIABLO IS DEAD long long time ago:positive: You got to aknowledge that and carry-on, brace yourselves men!

Swamp level

[Outer Kurast Nightmares Intensify]

And Hell will be Volcano level

Just once, it would be cool if they went with hell as the frozen level, or a more "catholic" hell that is a torturous dimension of emptyness, void, nothingness and distance from divinity

Watching the cinematic trailer reminded me of these things:

the-cell.png

hellraiser-cenobites.jpeg

5efe19fca75df3023c4b8d62b9ccaaeb.jpg

Can't find a good clip anymore, but also the end fight from Lord of Illusions where Nix is throwing people up agains walls and telling them to "Touch the darkness."

Point being, if they're pulling from stuff like The Cell, H. R. Giger designs, and Clive Barker stuff like the Hellraiser movies and Lord of Ilusions; they'll probably do it for Hell too. So maybe Hell will end up some kind of mix of Hellraiser 2, Giger paints and Alien, and just weird kind of stuff from The Cell

Dodo1610

Arcane
I don't get why they show this gameplay, it looks shockingly unfinished for Blizzard. Diablo 4's release is still at least two years away.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Did everyone just conveniently forget how they completely left Diablo 3 in the dust?

Post releases were 1 expansion and a lousy new class DLC.

Those are the content you need to pay for. The rest of the post release content(include new legendary, new game mode and shit) are all free.

Diablo 3 has a very long post release support, they are still adding new armour set now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom