Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of warcraft: Shadowlands announced

deama

Prophet
Blizz just dropped the announcement trailer.

I heard that there actually won't be too much new stuff in here, no new classes or races. Though I think they'll be expanding character customisation options?

Anyway, the trailer looks crap, lich king easily beaten by silvannas? Eh?

Generic-Giant-Spider

Remember when Sylvanas was just some dumb bitch that got gutted by Arthas in WC3?

When the fuck did she become a comic book character?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Remember when Sylvanas was just some dumb bitch that got gutted by Arthas in WC3?
She went coocoo after dying. Turns out the dead souls of the undead raised by LK don't go to the shadowlands after death like everyone else's. They just drift in eternal darkness, alone. And while she drifted there, she went slightly mad.

She then got resurrected by one of her Val'Kyr, who sacrificed her life for Sylv.

After Sylv returned, she found a way to form an alliance with some entity in the Shadowlands. As a result, everyone who died, their soul fed that entity and Sylvanas. She made sure as many people as possible died. And then she went to Bolvar and literally raped him.

Absolutely crazy. The subversion is crazy. Everyone thought LK was gonna return as a character, instead there's no more LK. Everyone thought LK was the most powerful entity on Azeroth, instead he gets chained and beaten like a dog. And then she raises the helm, and imagine how LK was subversed - she doesn't wear it, she fucking BREAKS IT.

Incredible.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
When did she turn into over-9000 power?
Eh, who am I kidding, I'm pretty sure they lost all track of their storyline and dropped all pretense of caring.

That trailer was just pretty weird, really.

deama

Prophet

She went coocoo after dying. Turns out the dead souls of the undead raised by LK don't go to the shadowlands after death like everyone else's. They just drift in eternal darkness, alone. And while she drifted there, she went slightly mad.

She then got resurrected by one of her Val'Kyr, who sacrificed her life for Sylv.

After Sylv returned, she found a way to form an alliance with some entity in the Shadowlands. As a result, everyone who died, their soul fed that entity and Sylvanas. She made sure as many people as possible died. And then she went to Bolvar and literally raped him.

Absolutely crazy. The subversion is crazy. Everyone thought LK was gonna return as a character, instead there's no more LK. Everyone thought LK was the most powerful entity on Azeroth, instead he gets chained and beaten like a dog. And then she raises the helm, and imagine how LK was subversed - she doesn't wear it, she fucking BREAKS IT.

Incredible.
Did LK become stronger after that guy with the hammer took the crown? Or was arthas LK strongest? Or was arthas absorbed, then that hammer guy put the crown on and basically got arthas' power + LK?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Incredible.
Did LK become stronger after that guy with the hammer took the crown? Or was arthas LK strongest? Or was arthas absorbed, then that hammer guy put the crown on and basically got arthas' power + LK?
Arthas' consciousness is dead and frostmourne is shattered, he's not part of the amalgam anymore. LK was Nerzul and Bolvar. Same power as before?

Without the helm Bolvar is gonna sink into a big depression. "I'm not LK anymore, I'm fucking nobody".

Vincente

Arbiter
It's literally Warlords of Draenor: Sylvanas edition. Fallen leader of Horde opens up a portal to an unknown land to start a new expansion. I bet we will find Arthas in Shadowlands somehow, convince him to return, then he will beat Sylvanas while turning a ''good'' guy.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Also, no new class. Every even numbered expansion has gotten a new class. Blizz is being incredibly lazy and it's clear they're just phoning it in.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Christie Golden, the Ryan Johnson of the gaming industry.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
0MnkQhV.png

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Trailer was terrible, story premise is terrible and it made me 0 / 10 hyped. However the Panel after that regarding systemic changes made me quite optimistic so I stand at 7/10 on hype at the moment.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
This trailer was the first time I didn't even get remotely excited about an expansion. Absolutely awful and can we please for the love of god finally get rid of Sylvanas, I mean jeez Sylvanas this Sylvanas that, I can't stand to see her and her super duper megapowers anymore

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Its building her up as so incredibly evil so that her redemption arc is justified in giving her a hot new elf body

J1M

Arcane

Incredible.
Arthas' consciousness is dead and frostmourne is shattered, he's not part of the amalgam anymore. LK was Nerzul and Bolvar. Same power as before?

Without the helm Bolvar is gonna sink into a big depression. "I'm not LK anymore, I'm fucking nobody".
Arthas ended Nerzhul's soul in a dumb book nobody read. Somehow the helm has undead powers but was made by the legion. We know Bolvar is going to raise more death knights to send into the Shadowlands, so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up wearing half of the broken helm as an explanation for that.

Haven't played for a while now (a month of Classic aside), but from the outside it feels like they are just going through the motions, leads clearly have no idea where to take the story and the game. Cut skills are coming back, a bunch of changes for new players and leveling experience - all of which is nice, but reads more like a major cleanup patch, not a proper expansion.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I heard that there actually won't be too much new stuff in here, no new classes or races.
Allied races as a concept worked fine for them and I think there will be no new standard races for some time now, they'll just introduce some new allies at some points (and these allied races are not all easily implemented mind you, Kul Tiras humans are basically a new race all things considered).

Plot looks like complete dogshit, I mean like true crap, worse than WoD. Gameplay changes seem reasonable though.

I already bought it :kingcomrade:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Well she didn't wear the helmet because she prioritizes agility as her main stat over strength.

And she probably has a huge bald spot, hence why she always has the hood up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom