Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
https://www.4players.de/4players.php/dispbericht/Allgemein/Test/37892/84053/0/Death_Stranding.html

Score: 95%

13 pages review.

Generally, I see Euros adoring this game while Kwans are shunning it.
Euros were always more appreciative to weird, strange games, while Kwans want their CODs and Maddens.

So... .. I guess upto the remaining team at Konami to make the true successor to the open-ended stealth design of MGSV now that Kojima's been confirmed a pretentious hack.
What kind of team are we talking about here? Because there isn't anyone at Konami who are making videogames anymore.

DemonKing

Arcane
I read two reviews which say this game shows contempt for the player's time. Might be the second coming of Jesus I'm so time poor there's no way I would waste it on this trash.

Last edited:

Luka-boy

Arcane
*crack*
SIIIIIIIIIIIP
Yup. Metal Gear Solid was a good game.
1572644749109x3k1u.jpg

even the high scoring reviews start w/ a 3 paragraph preamble about how the game is "not fun" "boring" "tedious" etc but then give it 9/10 because "ART" while simultaneously saying the "ART" in question is so mind numbingly obtuse and in your face that it has no nuance whatsoever.
Are you telling me that this is a big budget Pathologic? Son of a bitch, I'd actually probably like it then. +M

Achilles

Arcane
Kojima is trolling. He's trying to see how big a turd he can drop on the public and have people kiss his ass until they catch on.

PrettyDeadman

Kojima is trolling. He's trying to see how big a turd he can drop on the public and have people kiss his ass until they catch on.
You are probably right. Kojima is a genius and the best video game developer / director who ever existed. He is testing the gamers to see whether they are worthy to witness his true brilliance. After all, what's the point of casting pearls before swine? Unfortunately it seems that swine do love their garbage, and that the voice of the swine is overwhelming, thus general consensus on Death Stranding seems positive. This one might be the last Kojima game...

Last edited by a moderator:

Machocruz

Arcane
We're supposed to be disconnected, you soy tofu infused hippie. Tribalism is the truth. As far as I'm concerned "love thy neighbor" is literal. Like the people in my building, not everyone in the city/state/country/world

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Perhaps he should look inwards - Japan is one of the most xenophobic and racist countries on earth.

Funny how Agnes Kaku (MGS2 translator) was right https://web.archive.org/web/2012012...coregaming101.net:80/metalgear/agnesskaku.htm

Raising the subject of Japanese nationals who could have been a source of information for Kojima lead us on to an even more interesting discussion, the slight obsession Kojima has with American militarism. As Agness succinctly put it, "Why is Mr Kojima writing about a country he's not a part of, and frankly doesn't know that much about? Watching a bunch of Michael Bay movies does not... I mean, it teaches you about America, in that we let a guy like this direct a lot of movies, but why doesn't he write a Japanese game? You know, same kind of action, same kind of stealth. There is darkness in Japan as well, and there's of course the potential for a lot more in the future, in any country which happens to be peaceful. There are a lot Japanese mercenaries. If you remember there was one killed in Iraq a few years ago."

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah, for a guy who straight up refuses to speak English publicly he sure writes a lot about America.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom