Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Deleted Member 16721

Any suggestion for similar games to play actually? I've played a lot Grim Dawn and i like it but im not sold about the apocalypse setting. Would like to see a game like that but fantasy.

Sacred 2 is really good. Endless character customization in a magical type of huge open world. Check it out if you've never played it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You are completely missing the point of Lilith. She's supposed to be Clownishly Lustful. THAT'S HER WHOLE FUCKING PURPOSE. She is a literal goddess of lust. HOW ARE YOU MISSING THIS?!
Also the level of Blizztard in this thread.
She's not a goddess of lust, I don't know where you are getting this from. She's the "daughter of hatred and malice" or some such. Seduction =/= lust, you can seduce someone without him having lusted over you before that. Having big tits in her demon form is poor imagination and more anime than anything else. Even without that, why would a goddess of seduction have to rely on what her underlings rely on? Aphrodite is never depicted as having ginormous gazongas in classical paintings and statues. And again, I think her current design is classier and befits her stature.
Big tits and nice ass impress all men, unless they are fags or hypocritical.
You don't seem to get out much or know a variety of people, huh? My father isn't impressed by big tits. Neither am I.

Any suggestion for similar games to play actually? I've played a lot Grim Dawn and i like it but im not sold about the apocalypse setting. Would like to see a game like that but fantasy.
Titan Quest is Grim Dawn in a fantasy setting. Otherwise Prince of Qin and Din's Curse maybe.

Zerginfestor

Learned
So from what can be heard in the trailer, Lilith created Sanctuary?
Yes, she's the mother of all humanity, the part in humans that have rage, lust, greed and generally most emotions, including passion. Inarius is the father, he's a bit of a dick. Apparently he was an advisor of the Angiris council and called "The Prophet", so my guess is foresight for humans and logic. They used the Worldstone to create the world of Sanctuary, and apparently hidden it in plain sight via tuning of the Worldstone. That's when the baby making began.

hexer

I just finished watching the 2h gameplay video. Everything was great until that MMO boss fight.
What the hell was that? Just keep it like in PoE - other players are in the town hubs and you're on your own out there.
It kills the atmosphere otherwise.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Wolcen is klind of cool, but far from finished. Lost Ark looks fun, but will never come to the West.

So yeah. D4 is looking amazing, sadly its years away

Zerginfestor

Learned
I just finished watching the 2h gameplay video. Everything was great until that MMO boss fight.
What the hell was that? Just keep it like in PoE - other players are in the town hubs and you're on your own out there.
It kills the atmosphere otherwise.
Good point on the atmosphere. I think they were trying to make it like an epic, massive monstrosity that needs teamwork in order to survive, I did enjoy the amount of damage it put out, reminds me of Diablo 2 in terms of bosses being actually scary/challenging (looking at you, Nightmare Diablo), though just having 3 characters made it all look goofy with so many copies...
I kinda like the slower pace of the gameplay from that 2 hour video.
Same, I like the slow pace look. Just blitzing through fights by exploding is fucking mind numbing, POE for example.

hexer

Good point on the atmosphere. I think they were trying to make it like an epic, massive monstrosity that needs teamwork in order to survive, I did enjoy the amount of damage it put out, reminds me of Diablo 2 in terms of bosses being actually scary/challenging (looking at you, Nightmare Diablo), though just having 3 characters made it all look goofy with so many copies...

Yeah, I understand your point but I think I missed how the fight even came about.
Was it an event so suddenly everybody met there at the right time or is it part of the core campaign?

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Yeah, I understand your point but I think I missed how the fight even came about.
Was it an event so suddenly everybody met there at the right time or is it part of the core campaign?
Random boss events like that pop up periodically in the overworld.

Zerginfestor

Learned

Yeah, it's w world event or something. Has a timer and everything.

hexer

So yeah. D4 is looking amazing, sadly its years away

The dev couldn't even deny they're 10 years away from finishing it when asked jokingly :lol:
Don't be ridiculous. Ofc its not 10 years away you doofus.

It might be 2 years away, which is fine, if they make it perfect. If it looks this good now, imagine in 1 year.

Hehe in 10 years away some people excited about D4 today won't even be able to hold a mouse anymore due to arthritis :lol:
Let's hope it takes them 3 years maximum to finish it in a worst case scenario

Mazisky

Magister

Yeah, it's w world event or something. Has a timer and everything.

THose bosses are world bosses which come in an event and they are the only events that can be made with other (no-coop) people.

pomenitul

Arbiter
Seduction =/= lust

Indeed:

As to the great She-Devil, I should lie if I did not admit that at the first sight I found a bizarre charm in her. To define this charm, I know nothing better to compare it to than to that of very beautiful women who, though in their decadence, no longer grow older, and whose beauty has the penetrating magic of ruins. Her air was at once imperious and loose; and her eyes, although heavily ringed, were full of the force of fascination. What struck me most was the mystery of her voice, at whose sound I recalled both the most delicious contralto singers, and also a little of that hoarseness which characterizes the throats of very old drunkards.

“Wilt thou know my power?” cried the false goddess with her charming and paradoxical voice; “Listen!” and she put to her mouth a gigantic trumpet covered with ribands like the reed-pipe, on which were written the titles of all the newspapers in the world, and through this trumpet she cried my name, which thus rolled across space with the noise of a hundred thousand thunders, and came back to me on the echo of the most distant of the planets.

“The Devil!” cried I, half conquered, “there is a precious thing!” But, in examining more closely the seductive Amazon, it seemed to me vaguely that I remembered having seen her drinking with some fools of my acquaintance, and the raucous sound of the brass bore to my ears I know not what remembrance of a venal trumpet.

So I replied with all my scorn: “Be off with you; I am not the man to marry the mistress of certain persons whom I will not mention.”

Certainly, of so courageous a self-denial I had every right to be proud; but unfortunately I awoke, and all my strength deserted me. “Indeed,” said I to myself, “I must have been very soundly asleep to show such scruples …”

From: https://www.100thmonkeypress.com/biblio/acrowley/downloads/translations/temptations/temptations.pdf

hexer

Did anyone notice the damage-received in the gameplay video was on the lower side... did the streamer fiddle with difficulty?

All of this got me instslling D2 again :)
It got me to play D3 again after 2 years. I was able to play it for 30 minutes before I quit again lol.

Installing D3 as we speak but I get the feeling it will be the same story with me too :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom