Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Beowulf

Arcane
I don't remember what the case was with W1, but reminder that both 2 and 3 didn't come out without several months of delay. Their track record isn't very good when it comes to releases.

And W3, despite the delay, still showed signs of a rushed release and required a lot of patching. Bugs showed up a lot more after you reached Skellige.

Rev

Arcane
I don't remember what the case was with W1, but reminder that both 2 and 3 didn't come out without several months of delay. Their track record isn't very good when it comes to releases.
The Witcher 1 was also delayed at least a few times, if I recall correctly.

And W3, despite the delay, still showed signs of a rushed release and required a lot of patching. Bugs showed up a lot more after you reached Skellige.
Well, honestly I had basically no problem with the game at day one, the most bothersome bugs I encountered were the likes of Roach arriving a bit too late or not always showing up the first time you called and things like that, definetely nothing game-breaking.
Then again, maybe I was lucky.

Whipped Cream

Learned
Patron
I played The Witcher 3 immediately after it came out. The only major outright bugs that I remember was that 1. The game didn't calculate your sign intensity correctly when you loaded a save file, so you had to manually unequip and re-equip all blue mutagens every single time you loaded a save otherwise you would suck at magic (which was annoying as heck) and 2. one time when I loaded a save on a bridge Roach spawned 30 meters up into the air, fell down through the bridge, landed on the water and got stuck, then after 30 seconds he suddenly teleported to the shore and everything was fine.

The larger issue, which was not technically a bug, but I personally would consider it one, was that combat ballance was virtually non-existant. I remember constantly thinking to myself "what on earth has the guy in charge of combat balance been doing for the last couple of months?" Then a few months ago I read an interview where someone from CD Projekt Red, when talking about combat in Cyberpunk 2077, said that for The Witcher 3 they didn't even have anyone whose job was to look at combat balance and suddenly everything made sense. (I don't remember the source, sorry)

CDPR has publically delayed almost every single thing they have ever made (Witcher 1, Witcher 2, Witcher 2 for Xbox 360, Witcher 3, Blood and Wine, Gwent and Thronebreaker) at least once, so I'd honestly be surprised if they didn't delay Cyberpunk 2077 at least once.

Gerrard

Arcane
On launch the game randomly froze in the menus, and after they fixed that it would get randomly stuck on a black screen during any screen transitions instead.

Modron

Arcane
I day 1 Morgothed and completed every troika game the first week or two never patching them in the process, fite me bruh.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I day 1 Morgothed and completed every troika game the first week or two never patching them in the process, fite me bruh.
Bullshit you didn't patch Bloodlines at least, the boat crash to desktop is unavoidable on version 1.1... Burh.

Beowulf

Arcane
Last big patch for Witcher 3 was released more than a year after the release of Witcher 3.
That's one year of patching, even after the delays. And not just hotfixes for minor issues, that was just to reach the state the game should've been released in.

Owl -better?

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Bullshit you didn't patch Bloodlines at least, the boat crash to desktop is unavoidable on version 1.1... Burh.
I do not believe I did, Bloodlines was one of the ones I completed as close to release as possible for sure. Granted I may have used console commands at the time though to circumvent issues who knows.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Granted I may have used console commands at the time though to circumvent issues who knows.
That doesn't make the difference, you still were not playing as intended and have to overcome a bug that prevents you from finishing the game.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Basically it goes like this.
We have Luca Ward (famous Italian voice actor who voiced Keanu Reaves and other well-known actors - note from Rev) with us. Why not take the chance to ask him about Cyberpunk? Well, my friends, the answers are exactly what I wanted to hear. From what he has seen, the game is amazing, he will lend his fantastic voice to Keanu Reeves as has been anticipated in the trailer, but the real news is that good ol' Keanu liked the game so much that he had decided to double his character's screen-time (therefore doubling the hours in the recording studio for Luca).
Well, let's hope 16 april comes soon."
Getting information where you can - Italian localization voice actors:

Sounds like a marketing chore. "More of this shit you loved!"

What it does is it lures more of those Keanufags and eats money that could potentially be used in better locations. Is it a +/-0? Who knows...

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
[video DMCA-ed]

edit:
enemies are bullet sponges and their movement is weird/floaty
no dismemberment, no animations for bullets impact
i don't care about the graphics but the fps gameplay is lacking

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
good ol' Keanu liked the game so much that he had decided to double his character's screen-time
Well we now know where the money is going.
Reminiscent of David Bowie being so enthusiastic about Omikron: The Nomad Soul that he appeared as a character rather than merely contributing a song as originally requested.

omikron%20bowie%20main%20633%20356.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Well we now know where the money is going.
This revelation tells a lot about CDPR, how much profit Witcher 3 alone generated and their priorities. Or lack of them. The game is six months away from release date but they keep burning money and staffs personal life on content. Of course Keanu couldn't miss the opportunity to earn additional money from poles. No wonder some of the staff questions April 2020 to be achievable release date.

Expect a buggy launch and wait another six months until a series of patches drops on this mess.

This smells of Star Citizen

The only logical thing to do is wait untill december 2020 and get it on ps5

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
2020 can't come soon enough. 2019 was kind of stale, with a few highlights, but 2020 is fucking amaze.

I can't imagine this game not winning the general GOTY vote, even with several other extremely strong contenders (Colony Ship being the obvious choice, but will it release in 2020?)

hexer

Crap! I hoped they would pave their own way.
Bracing myself for a pretentious BR-wannabe

:hmmm: Have you even seen this game.

Yes I have. I know it might come as a surprise but not all cyberpunk games have to emulate BR.
Some of them can stand on their own. We shall see...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom