Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Its over (Roqua blames the Codex for killing RPGs again)

T. Reich

Arcane
CD Projekt RED has singlehandedly brought back the RPG Reinassance, and made money because of it. The Witcher 3 is probably really fun to boot, which is more than I can say about the other roleplaying videogames from the reinassance.
Witcher 3 made money because of graphix and bewbs, if it was a real rpg, CDProjeckt would be in the company of New World Computing, Sir Tech, Black Isle, Troika and Origins.
New World Computing - destroyed by idiotic publisher practices (3DO).
Black Isle - destroyed by idiotic publisher practices (Interplay).
Troika - overemphasis on game design at detriment of everything else resulted in three conceptually brilliant but otherwise deeply flawed games that scared away majority of potential customers due to being barely playable out of the box. Aka idiotic developer practices.
Origin - sold themselves to EA, released Ultima IX and WC Prophecy. Nuff said.
Why did Sir-tech go bankrupt?:cool:

So far, CDProjekt is a relatively young and successful CRPG developer (Witcher came out in 2007) in its prime. So far they haven't made any retarded mistakes that would allow you to put them into the same category as the aforementioned have-beens.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Because the people who claim the like rpgs are put in a conundrum? Can they blow enough hot air to justify their distain of real rpgs when new ones are released and still keep their rpg cred? And hope no one remembers when the instant classics are finally recognized as such in 10 years by the now heard voice of people with actual good taste and love of real rpgs? Such as was the case with most of the real rpgs released this century. Quite the pickle, isn't it. Lots of pressure on these children game loving fucking retards. You younger kids were all raised to be special and think its okay for adults to like toddler games such as minecraft so generally don't give a shit claiming to like dumb shit as long as it is hipster approved and has lots of videos on the internet of people playing it. The people 10 years older, though raised incredibly wrong and are as big of pussies as people your age still try and claim taste and try and intellectualize their disdain of real rpgs away while also claiming to ahte the games they really love in secret. It is weird. I prefer the overt shitheads of people your age over the fucking covert shitheads I was talking about. I can't stand any of you young fucks really, but you guys do have a slight edge. And honestly, I have misplaced anger since I should rightfully be mad at all your parents. But the covert shithead's parents more so.

You didn't explain why there's any pressure on anyone, you just quoted me then went on another fucking retarded rant.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
CD Projekt RED has singlehandedly brought back the RPG Reinassance, and made money because of it. The Witcher 3 is probably really fun to boot, which is more than I can say about the other roleplaying videogames from the reinassance.
Witcher 3 made money because of graphix and bewbs, if it was a real rpg, CDProjeckt would be in the company of New World Computing, Sir Tech, Black Isle, Troika and Origins.
New World Computing - destroyed by idiotic publisher practices (3DO).
Black Isle - destroyed by idiotic publisher practices (Interplay).
Troika - overemphasis on game design at detriment of everything else resulted in three conceptually brilliant but otherwise deeply flawed games that scared away majority of potential customers due to being barely playable out of the box. Aka idiotic developer practices.
Origin - sold themselves to EA, released Ultima IX and WC Prophecy. Nuff said.
Why did Sir-tech go bankrupt?:cool:

So far, CDProjekt is a relatively young and successful CRPG developer (Witcher came out in 2007) in its prime. So far they haven't made any retarded mistakes that would allow you to put them into the same category as the aforementioned have-beens.

Troika - what? That is the stupidest shit I've ever seen written. Besides the rampant pirating of a leaked copy of Arcanum 6 months before release the company was killed by fake rpg fans in a very similar fashion as is what is happening to InXile. No one was calling the games brilliant but flawed (deeply flawed is a pure retarded statement). The called it shit, it sucks, toee I ahd to make my own party, whaa, it doesn't have rtwp, whaaa, I had a tough time in fights, whaaa, etc.

Real rpgs are going to be released with bugs. The more real of an rpg the more systems and moving parts and chances for things to get fucked up. Any sane person, andy person with any sort of like of real rpgs understands this. Troika closed because people have shiut taste and want streamlined, big blockbuster games that are either not rpgs or extremely rpg lite such as the Bethesda and Bioware put out, and now CD Project.

They do not want real rpgs. They do not want good rpgs. The want games with 90% of the budget spent on graphics and VO with Metrosexual leads with long curly primped locks like Witcher.

How can you over emphasize game design? You are blaming publishers for others when it is the market. No one wants to put out a game that sell poorly but have a huge tail, are universally hated at release by "rpg fans" and universally loved 10 years later by "rpg fans."

SSI, Sir Tek, Troika were killed by this community of fake rpg fans that only want games with an overemphasis on graphics and other superficial bullshit that may or may not contain rpg lite elements.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Because the people who claim the like rpgs are put in a conundrum? Can they blow enough hot air to justify their distain of real rpgs when new ones are released and still keep their rpg cred? And hope no one remembers when the instant classics are finally recognized as such in 10 years by the now heard voice of people with actual good taste and love of real rpgs? Such as was the case with most of the real rpgs released this century. Quite the pickle, isn't it. Lots of pressure on these children game loving fucking retards. You younger kids were all raised to be special and think its okay for adults to like toddler games such as minecraft so generally don't give a shit claiming to like dumb shit as long as it is hipster approved and has lots of videos on the internet of people playing it. The people 10 years older, though raised incredibly wrong and are as big of pussies as people your age still try and claim taste and try and intellectualize their disdain of real rpgs away while also claiming to ahte the games they really love in secret. It is weird. I prefer the overt shitheads of people your age over the fucking covert shitheads I was talking about. I can't stand any of you young fucks really, but you guys do have a slight edge. And honestly, I have misplaced anger since I should rightfully be mad at all your parents. But the covert shithead's parents more so.

You didn't explain why there's any pressure on anyone, you just quoted me then went on another fucking retarded rant.

Your lack of comprehension does not mean I did not explain it. Once for normals, then again so even really stupid people could understand it. I don't know how to get people as retarded as you to understand things so you are out of luck.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I guess he's serious...

...Now I have to watch Pulp Fiction clips for an hour. Thanks a lot.

Did you watch the clicks and can you tell me what a gimp shed is for? Is it for storing the gimp for times of need? If so, then a cuckshed is to store the cuckold for times of need? If so, then the cuckold wouldn't be a cuckold, just a prisoner. Are you saying the function of a cuckshed is to make cuckolds not?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Well, if you make popamole games on your own choice, that doesn't make you all that better than other popamole makers. "I don't have a master but make shit popamole gameplay anyway!" isn't something that make me admire a game developer for its bravery.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I'm just glad it wasn't just me. I thought the magic had gone inside, you know?

But really I was just being served a shit sandwiche by cynical nerd wranglers.

overly excitable young man

We are in the indie era.
The old icons don't need to deliver anymore when there are little serbian, estonian, russian and canadian studios working secretely on the incline.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Eastern Europe masterrace.

6599109_std.jpg

I love America!
We just get Fallout on Good Old Games.
Hey man, Fallout is number one new RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom