Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Ensi

Educated

"At the centre of all this ideology is the matter of your privilege. Disco Elysium remains very much aware that you are playing a middle-aged, heterosexual, white man--a policeman, no less--and that fact grants him a heightened degree of privilege to express himself. You're able to reinvent yourself, to choose to be this or that type of person, without much in the way of repercussions, save the odd disapproving glance from Kim. Meanwhile, many of the characters you meet aren’t possessed of the same privilege; they’re the downtrodden, exploited by authority, trapped in systemic poverty, or just desperately trying to escape their circumstances. The contrast makes this point with piercing clarity."

wut

Vatnik Wumao

"At the centre of all this ideology is the matter of your privilege. Disco Elysium remains very much aware that you are playing a middle-aged, heterosexual, white man--a policeman, no less--and that fact grants him a heightened degree of privilege to express himself. You're able to reinvent yourself, to choose to be this or that type of person, without much in the way of repercussions, save the odd disapproving glance from Kim. Meanwhile, many of the characters you meet aren’t possessed of the same privilege; they’re the downtrodden, exploited by authority, trapped in systemic poverty, or just desperately trying to escape their circumstances. The contrast makes this point with piercing clarity."

wut
Gamespot Commercial game journalism in 2019.

Prime Junta

Sounds like someone had some cognitive dissonance to work through. Nice way to sell Measurehead to the twitterati though.

edit: the comments on that review tho, instantly killed a few million brain cells

cue TNO: I FEEL DUMBER

Last edited by a moderator:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

wut
giphy.gif

Vatnik Wumao
So i take it the game sold well with all the talks of console ports etc?

From the way Prime Junta talks about the budget and how tight-liped he is, I think we'll never really know if it broke even
Given the important role of sponsorship in the development of the game, I'm guessing their talks of further content means that a certain oligarch is happy with the ways in which the game was received regardless of profits.

Prime Junta

So i take it the game sold well with all the talks of console ports etc?

From the way Prime Junta talks about the budget and how tight-liped he is, I think we'll never really know if it broke even

Eh, you can do your own arithmetic, this wasn't a cheap game and yes everybody did get paid. Make an educated guess compared to other games with similar look, feel, sound, and scope and you probably won't be too far off. If you're really curious nag Kras Mazov about it, worst he'll do is break your neck brush you off. It's just not my call to release this kind of info if they don't want to.

I do get the impression that the money men are pretty pleased with how it's selling although I don't have any more hard numbers on that than you do. SteamSpy kind of works I think?

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Kotaku guys still didnt review it, but there are some articles about DE. I think it will be a positive review

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I even think the game pushes a libturd, SJW agenda (even if in a more subterfuge-y way, which is no surprise since it comes from dirty commies) and I don't see that one.
Going by the standards today, any game where you're playing a white person is a game where you're playing a privileged person, so that might explain it.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

it's just funny cuz I'm a left winger (more of a leftist than a liberal to be fair) and I'm like wut how did you get this interpretation, where did this interpretation come from

Pretty sure they got it from the loading screen where the game tells you people tend to be more forgiving of erratic behavior when it comes from authority figures like police officers. But that was just Disco giving the player permission to go crazy, not a subtle meditation on the nature of privilege.

biggestboss

Liturgist
Something I've noticed is that whenever I play this game, my GPU usage skyrockets and the fans make a crazy amount of noise. Recently on a Unity app I worked on for my 9-5 goyim job, I noticed that having lots of UI animations and transitions especially with tiled sprites can cause abnormally high GPU usage and the fix that worked for me was to set the VSync Count under the Quality settings to 'Every V Blank' instead of 'Don't Sync'. This reduced the GPU usage for the app from 99-100% to 10-20%.

ysbT3AW.png

I know that at least one of the devs visits the Codex and it's also likely that they may have tried this fix already, but I feel I should mention it just in case because it could be a quick fix if it happens to work.

prengle

Savant
hopefully going to give this a shot at some point but im wary since most game journos seem to be giving it Perfect Scores™ and thats concerning. theyre not supposed to actually like cool innovative narrative-focused games. would love to know what kind of estonian folk magic kurvitz used to sell them on this after seeing what's happened with patho2

never trust journalists, kids

Tigranes

Arcane
hopefully going to give this a shot at some point but im wary since most game journos seem to be giving it Perfect Scores™ and thats concerning. theyre not supposed to actually like cool innovative narrative-focused games. would love to know what kind of estonian folk magic kurvitz used to sell them on this after seeing what's happened with patho2

never trust journalists, kids

cataloguing journo scores and taking them as inverse value of game quality is giving them too much credit

stop fussing over them, ignore journos, play good games

bataille

Arcane
Something I've noticed is that whenever I play this game, my GPU usage skyrockets and the fans make a crazy amount of noise. Recently on a Unity app I worked on for my 9-5 goyim job, I noticed that having lots of UI animations and transitions especially with tiled sprites can cause abnormally high GPU usage and the fix that worked for me was to set the VSync Count under the Quality settings to 'Every V Blank' instead of 'Don't Sync'. This reduced the GPU usage for the app from 99-100% to 10-20%.

ysbT3AW.png

I know that at least one of the devs visits the Codex and it's also likely that they may have tried this fix already, but I feel I should mention it just in case because it could be a quick fix if it happens to work.

So in the end, the real murder was DE killing my GPU.
Okay, scratch that review, it's postmodern filth after all...

:(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom