Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of warcraft: Shadowlands announced

gruntar

Augur
This trailer was the first time I didn't even get remotely excited about an expansion. Absolutely awful and can we please for the love of god finally get rid of Sylvanas, I mean jeez Sylvanas this Sylvanas that, I can't stand to see her and her super duper megapowers anymore

I'm afraid that Sylvanus isn't going anywhere while this guy is in charge of writing:

FX4poT6.png

J1M

Arcane
Pretty sloppy to use the Jailer of the Damned to intro your new expansion with a mysterious villain named The Jailer. Someone buy Steve a thesaurus.com link for Christmas.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
So this dude is having a power fantasy about being the submissive lover of a godlike bitch ?
Reminds me of that rick & morty episode where they go for space couple counseling. Exception being that the dad in that episode actually gets his shit together while this dude seems to fantasize about being cucked by a fictional female Hercules.

cw8

Cipher
I hate the way they treat Bolvar. The dude used to take down hordes of Horde when they raided Stormwind back in vanilla. He's our fucking champion then, now he's like a flaming joke.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Sylvanas has beaten both Bolvar and Saurfang almost back to back.

l0l

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
At this point if you want to play WoW the story is just to be simply ignored. It was never this stuipd. Not even during Garrosh's little trip to the past.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I hate the way they treat Bolvar. The dude used to take down hordes of Horde when they raided Stormwind back in vanilla. He's our fucking champion then, now he's like a flaming joke.
Yeah, we felt the same way about Saurfang.

J1M

Arcane
At this point if you want to play WoW the story is just to be simply ignored. It was never this stuipd. Not even during Garrosh's little trip to the past.
If sylvanas was a guy would it not be as stupid?
Not a hypothetical question. Garrosh was stripped of everything and killed in a duel where his opponent cheated.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Not a hypothetical question. Garrosh was stripped of everything and killed in a duel where his opponent cheated.
A popular mistake. It's never stated in main continuity that you can't use magic in mak'gora.

J1M

Arcane
A popular mistake. It's never stated in main continuity that you can't use magic in mak'gora.
You're right, it's totally not cheating. The elements stopped allowing Thrall to cast shaman spells immediately after that duel for completely unrelated reasons. :roll:

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
You're right, it's totally not cheating. The elements stopped allowing Thrall to cast shaman spells immediately after that duel for completely unrelated reasons. :roll:
Doesn't really matter in this context. You can use magic during mak'gora, it's never stated to be otherwise in main continuity. Therefore Thrall did not cheat, him being unable to call upon the elements after killing Garrosh has nothing to do with his chosen method of killing the latter, and all to do with killing Garrosh in itself. Shamanistic magic is not like arcane wizardry, you can loose ability to cast because of personal reasons (wielding the Light is similar in this respect, for example).

Moreover, it doesn't really matter. Garrosh was an interesting character, Sylvanas is an anime meme.

Sykar

Arcane
This trailer was the first time I didn't even get remotely excited about an expansion. Absolutely awful and can we please for the love of god finally get rid of Sylvanas, I mean jeez Sylvanas this Sylvanas that, I can't stand to see her and her super duper megapowers anymore

Well for the most part she failed at almost every turn, and they turned her into Garrosh 2.0 in the last expansion. She was hardly present from Classic/TBC until Cata, much less than the usual Thrall/Jaina/Varian/etc.
Bear in mind I am a hardcore UD player. When I stopped playing at the end of Cata/start of Pandaland I had three UD mages at max level and a UD DK. Still have my very first UD mage on a German server before I restarted on an English server. Now in Classic I started, drummroll, my old first max level UD mage though she is just slacking around in Tirisfall.
Old ladies deserve some rest in peace and quiet.

Last edited:

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Well for the most part she failed at almost every turn, and they turned her into Garrosh 2.0 in the last expansion.
That's the worst part. She failed nothing, even though it can be said so by the characters in-game (who know less than players do). Her plan is to feed the Jailer with as many souls as possible to power him/it up. She succeeded at that brilliantly so far, by causing the Fourth War and committing atrocities on an almost unheard of scale (burning of Teldrassil for example). Garrosh failed in all of his designs, as of now Sylvanas achieves her goals.

Sykar

Arcane
Well for the most part she failed at almost every turn, and they turned her into Garrosh 2.0 in the last expansion.
That's the worst part. She failed nothing, even though it can be said so by the characters in-game (who know less than players do). Her plan is to feed the Jailer with as many souls as possible to power him/it up. She succeeded at that brilliantly so far, by causing the Fourth War and committing atrocities on an almost unheard of scale (burning of Teldrassil for example). Garrosh failed in all of his designs, as of now Sylvanas achieves her goals.

I guess I need to clarify. I was speaking of her success until Arthas fell including how she failed to defeat him in WC3. Suffice to say there is hardly any noteworthy victory achieved on her part apart from securing Lordaeron and forming an alliance with the Horde.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Garrosh was an interesting character
He was until Pandas where they turned him into a saturday morning cartoon villain because they needed a loot pinnata. The sad part is that mak'gora cutscene is the most character development he had gotten in 2 expansions.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
He was until Pandas where they turned him into a saturday morning cartoon villain because they needed a loot pinnata. The sad part is that mak'gora cutscene is the most character development he had gotten in 2 expansions.
I would argue that he was an interesting character all the way through, just in concept more than in execution of said concept.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
So this jailer takes souls, like the demons of the burning legion do. Is he a demon type monster? An elemental lord? Shadow elemental? What is it with horde and working for demons?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom