Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Hassar

Scholar
"We need to reconnect America!The world will end if this doesn't happen!"
"Who will we send?"
"A well prepared expedition with tons of guns and supplies for the people?"
"Nope."
"Someone with military background? A scientist?"
"Nope, we gonna send the mailman alone walking thousands of miles, one coast to the other."
"OMG, KOJIMA IS A GOD, THIS IS SO BRILLIANT, SOOO DEEEEP, OMG 11/10!

This game is really about the United States Postal Service but Kojima doesn’t realize it.

Egosphere

Arcane
1572899286303.jpg

:lol:
'If you don't like this game, you are SUBHUMAN'

Galaxy-brain comment

Egosphere

Arcane
Jesus Christ politics is fucking dragged into everything these days. Should make an account on meta critic and rate this shit a zero, just out of principal.

Was this a thing 10-15 years ago? Maybe I was too young to notice it or something? I don't remember people making games that were indirectly trying to warn people about Obama or Bush.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines had some minor anti-Bush sentiment sprinkled throughout

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"We need to reconnect America!The world will end if this doesn't happen!"
"Who will we send?"
"A well prepared expedition with tons of guns and supplies for the people?"
"Nope."
"Someone with military background? A scientist?"
"Nope, we gonna send the mailman alone walking thousands of miles, one coast to the other."
"OMG, KOJIMA IS A GOD, THIS IS SO BRILLIANT, SOOO DEEEEP, OMG 11/10!
I only read the wiki, but it seems to me that the main character has special traits that make him more fit for this job than some random dude.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/04/opinion/martin-scorsese-marvel.html

The pictures are made to satisfy a specific set of demands, and they are designed as variations on a finite number of themes.

They are sequels in name but they are remakes in spirit, and everything in them is officially sanctioned because it can’t really be any other way. That’s the nature of modern film franchises: market-researched, audience-tested, vetted, modified, revetted and remodified until they’re ready for consumption.

That sounds eerily similar to the modern video game industry. Again, I'd rather have Death Stranding failures filling the best selling lists than the CoDs and NBA2Ks..

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Codex Year of the Donut
Jesus Christ politics is fucking dragged into everything these days. Should make an account on meta critic and rate this shit a zero, just out of principal.

Was this a thing 10-15 years ago? Maybe I was too young to notice it or something? I don't remember people making games that were indirectly trying to warn people about Obama or Bush.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines had some minor anti-Bush sentiment sprinkled throughout
It also has one or two lines about former senator Joe Lieberman(D)
Nowhere near the level I've seen people try to rationalize it as, though.

No, not really. VTMB is actually one of the more 'politically charged' ones I can think of.

Rev

Arcane
To be honest, I don't see a problem if a game is "political" or has some political ideas inserted in it that reflect (or not) the views of the authors.

The problem is when untalented developers put really shallow views, writing stuff that is awful and maybe even at odds with the setting they're writing on while screaming on your face "this is good, that is bad". This kind of stuff is cringe, like the infamous Mizhena in SoD and other examples, but if the authors are capable there's nothing wrong with it. Bloodlines has some political stuff but it's not done badly, and it's fine. Recently also Disco Elysium has a lot of political stuff, but the game is not trying to lecturing you all the time, treating you like a moron and forcing you to do stuff or even agreeing with the author's views and that's completely fine.

Old Hans

Arcane
from what I watched on this game, it seemed to do a good job of translating the mundane experience of travelling across the landscape, which look cool as hell. imagine an RPG where you have to walk home from the dungeon, while managing your backpack full of treasure & then you tip over from the weight of all the treasure & then spills all over the place. then you gotta spend 20 minutes picking it up

Curratum

I particularly love how breaking important cargo from too many falls gives you a game over screen. It's not your life that matters, it's the cargo.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Reading so many Death Stranding news makes me want a Monster now. And I’m a Red Bull kind of guy :argh:
Stop drinking energy drinks, they wreck your heart and have tons of sugar. Switch to water.
Green Tea is the drink of the master race.

Only if you like to shit a lot.

https://amp.tmz.com/2019/11/06/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-staying-menu-madness-murder-security/

If one of the guys that ate all of Popeyes chicken likes it, it must be really good. And good for you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom