Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum - worth a punt?

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
"hurrrr muh orcs muuhuhh"

latest

Never forget.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

"hurrrr muh orcs muuhuhh"

latest

Never forget.
Incidentally, this quest proved the redpill works even in fantasy settings:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/500810/discussions/0/352792037326991471/
I always wanted to solve this and hold them accountable but never could figure out how. I eventually gave up and went on a rampage killing all the gnomes (plus everyone else, unfortunately), and became the murderer of Tarant.
I did the same thing! :D Killed all gnomes I've encountered
I absolutely hate that quest. Always have. In the end a gnome shows up, tells you there is nothing you can do to save the women while mocking you, and you can't tell anybody about anything you found. Even if you work at the newspaper, you can't run a story.
I hated that part too. I played this game years... years ago and that's the part I remember the most. The fact that you couldn't kill the gnomes, since they were marked "good" and your alignment would go down. That absolutely infuriated me. They could get away with all that evil and there was nothing I could do to give them what they deserve.
Kill them anyways.
As for me although I'd have liked to have the option to tell people about it, the fact is who would actually believe you and even if they did what could they actually do about it?
Rightfully genocide all gnomes. The final solution.
As an evil player, killed em all. Roleplayed it in a way that was how I solved the problem.
As a good player, I would kill them all too.

Terenty

Liturgist
Ah Arcanum... A game from the time when Tim and Leonard were young and creative and Obsidian didnt exist...best timeline

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom