Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guilty Gear Strive - ArcSys fighting game

Momock

Augur
The only bad thing about Xrd is Zappa not being playable and the Danger Time crap. And the more "modern anime" and bigger everything (shoulders, buckles, tits) WoWish artstyle. It looks like they went back to a 90's anime look in the new game, from the character design to the visual effects like dust. It almost looks like it's painted in a celuloid at times! It's bullshit crazy!!11!1

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Axl Low gameplay, plus demo details -- playable demo version of the game will be available during Arc Revo Finals (16-17th of November), will include 6 characters.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Yup this is it people. Back to the (+R)pile. Can't believe this shit. I don't know how this happened, but here we go. +R IS BACK HEAVEN OR HELL LET'S ROCK :outrage:
fuck you arcsys f.u.c.k. y.o.u. fuckyou suck my dick fuck You.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yup this is it people. Back to the (+R)pile. Can't believe this shit. I don't know how this happened, but here we go. +R IS BACK HEAVEN OR HELL LET'S ROCK :outrage:
Could you translate this for us, less hardcore GG players?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Possibly best graphics ever in fighting games
I would rather go with possibly best graphics ever. Then again, that was already the case with their previous recent 3D games, this one's just a step up even from that. The level of work they put into character detail (shadows, cel-shading, or anything else) is unreal.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron

GFX/UI look retarded, Ky's moves have never looked so bland and uninspired. Look at May. It's retarded. It's a joke. Might be placeholders but I'm not holding my breath because:

Gutted the gatling/combo system, the fucking shit that made GG stand out in the first place, this is absolute retardation.
Destroying the last bastion of true inclined throws, 1 button 1f. ST got it right the first time, adding techs makes it perfect. This is r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d.
It's simply over, I had more than enough issues with Xrd but this is not GG anymore. Unless this is all some kind of sick joke, I see a revival for +R coming and I'll play that till kingdom come. That will be this game's legacy.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron

GFX/UI look retarded, Ky's moves have never looked so bland and uninspired. Look at May. It's retarded. It's a joke. Might be placeholders but I'm not holding my breath because:

Gutted the gatling/combo system, the fucking shit that made GG stand out in the first place, this is absolute retardation.
Destroying the last bastion of true inclined throws, 1 button 1f. ST got it right the first time, adding techs makes it perfect. This is r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d.
It's simply over, I had more than enough issues with Xrd but this is not GG anymore. Unless this is all some kind of sick joke, I see a revival for +R coming and I'll play that till kingdom come. That will be this game's legacy.

Don't forget:
- Neutered combos
- Airblocking without FD
- Blocking mid dash without FD
- Only way to get a hard KD is from sweep
- Chip damage can no longer kill
- No more blitz and DAA (alpha counter)
- IB no longer decreases blockstun

Utter dumpster fire.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
J_C meh all you want, this is the end of a franchise. This is a FO3 tier fuck you.
cats_meh_detail_1200x630.jpg

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
UI look retarded
Obvious placeholder, keep in mind this is an alpha demo to show their direction

- No more blitz and DAA (alpha counter)
You can RC while in block and that actually acts kinda like a DAA, 50% of tension as well.

This is a FO3 tier fuck you.
FO3 was developed by Bethesda, who had no previous involvment with a franchise. GG2020 is being developed by the original game's creator, Ishiwatari.

This game is in early stages, and devs openly said that version shown lacks quite a bit of stuff, like moves shown in trailers and it will look and play defferently than it is now. They also encourage feedback and might adjust their philosophy after public demo test in 10 days, and closed beta (spring i think?). I'm cautiously optimistic.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
And this is the japanese stream VOD, i think their actual gameplay was a bit better, esp. some Sol combos.

And a video with mechanics explained from the dev stream

Last edited:

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
FO3 was developed by Bethesda, who had no previous involvment with a franchise. GG2020 is being developed by the original game's creator, Ishiwatari.
Which only makes it worse. Every single change so far is shit, not Xrd "uh...", just shit. Everything might change? We will obviously see. I'm not seeing anything I like. Nothing.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Some videos with analysis of shown gameplay from knowledgeable people^

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom