Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Realms Beyond Kickstarter Update #21: Combat Demo in January, Character Creation and New Screenshots

looks fucking nice as fuck. maybe better than pathfinder if it can try to trend in a less bloated and more 'down to earth' 1st edtiony, low levely vibe which it sort of seems to have going for it, maybe. Not that I did not like pathfinder, but it was a little munchkiny, and I prefer more grounded feel to my D&D in general

Morkar Left

Are you for real pretty much every RPG ever made has a page for choosing the char gender it's usually the first thing you do in character creator. Do you want them to remove the gender choice like Cyberpunk?
Looks good enough, for now, we only have to pray that this won't be casualized.

Shows how progressive rpgs were already. They made extra room for all genders till the time is right!

looks fucking nice as fuck. maybe better than pathfinder if it can try to trend in a less bloated and more 'down to earth' 1st edtiony, low levely vibe which it sort of seems to have going for it, maybe. Not that I did not like pathfinder, but it was a little munchkiny, and I prefer more grounded feel to my D&D in general

Playing it right now with turn based mod (and some other mods too). I agree that Pathfinder Kingmaker was a bit overkill with all the damn classes, underclasses and even prestige classes. Plus all the additional traits.
I mean it was nice to see it for once but for an original game I would say less is more. Never seen so much stuff at once in a crpg.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Are you for real pretty much every RPG ever made has a page for choosing the char gender
Nigga gender and race don't need a page for you to be able to choose. Case in point:

fallout1-08-special.jpg

Even Troika decided that overwhelming people with a bunch of info on one page wasn't the ideal way of creating a character.
maxresdefault.jpg

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Even Troika decided that overwhelming people with a bunch of info on one page wasn't the ideal way of creating a character.
Come on I'm not talking about overwhelming the player with everything on one page here, that was never my argument, just that one full page isn't necessary for sex or race. They're not that important. The Fallout example was just to say that is was entirely sufficient for sex to be chosen on a page in a simple scrolldown dialog where other things are chosen too. Could be one page where sex, race, background and porttrait / face are chosen.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Come on I'm not talking about overwhelming the player with everything on one page here, that was never my argument, just that one full page isn't necessary for sex or race. They're not that important. The Fallout example was just to say that is was entirely sufficient for sex to be chosen on a page in a simple scrolldown dialog where other things are chosen too. Could be one page where sex, race, background and porttrait / face are chosen.
This is 2019, there are enough options now for sex/gender that you need a special page for it.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

And it's a worse way of doing it. Makes adjustments a pain in the ass.

The Fallout char screen is only overwhelming to newfags. Save for the inventory and barter (whenever you have to scroll through a 1-item per row list) the Fallout UI was actually very good.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Do you want them to remove the gender choice like Cyberpunk?

I do want them to use SEX instead of wretched G-word.

edit: I just noticed, that template picture for Rogue class is a women.
Fuck you guys?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom