Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

Ivan

Arcane
Finished Ch1. The lighting and foliage is incredible. Reminds me of Witcher 3, but without the awkward looking trees swaying so much. Animation work is incredible.

game running great w my 1080 GTX. I may need to lower some shadow settings to get steady 60 fps during daytime

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw one has to take everything one reads about any game performance on PC from random users with a truckload of salt. After every larger release the Steam forums are filled with people complaining about performance, bugs and crashing and good chunk of those are always muppets running the game on an old potato with Windows XP and infested with malware.

Let's wait for the Digital Foundry breakdown before we start freaking out.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Btw one has to take everything one reads about any game performance on PC from random users with a truckload of salt. After every larger release the Steam forums are filled with people complaining about performance, bugs and crashing and good chunk of those are always muppets running the game on an old potato with Windows XP and infested with malware.
or people who can't differentiate what setting does what and expect running everything on "ultra" on therir $2000 rigs. you probably can't run witcher 2 on super rig on 1440p if you set the supersampling to max

Sentinel

Arcane
People are reporting that Water and Volumetric (Lighting) settings are the most demanding, slashing up to 20 frames. Best to leave those 4 at Medium for now.

Gerrard

Arcane
So Arthur's pupils actually change according to lighting conditions.
j3skkhkgxxw31.jpg
Picture one: face illuminated by light, pupils dilated
Picture two: no direct light, pupils contracted as if looking into bright light
:nocountryforshitposters:

Oh look, lead popamole cocksuckers are upset that I pointed out their bullshit. Oh no!
xZjRgzS.png

:dealwithit:

Last edited:
Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
I must say one, graphics and gameplay feeling in this case are lot better on 50" tv in 4k while playing on Xbox one X. I have very good pc but experience is totally different, only shooting is better on pc, rest all goes for strong Microsoft console. No match. Im happy ive completed this game on my box first. Now im playing on pc [maxed graphics looks just "normal" ] only for mods and multiplayer shootings . But game looks MUCH WORSE than on xoxox [almost all maxed out and on ultra on my pc] , totally different experience, hard to even compare, graphics are just worse , sound is poor too. Games like this or gta only on console. Red dead is not designed to be experienced in corpo slave like posture near the desk, close to screen.
8okmhy3kycx11.jpg
To experience full details of this game and it's nature , you should play on nothing less than 32" and higher plus sitting 3 or 4 metres from big screen in 4k and with fluid framerate. There is no point in playing this game on anything lower than 4k , you will just lost all details and beauty of this game. To fully understand level of details here, you must be able to notice them. And you could not on pc screen, even not on 30" like.

On pc its only shooter in western reality, on xoxox it is live western experience. Period. Im not comparing ps4 version as it looks like shit, but what you can expect from japanese crap for playing overpriced pokemons, go click your fucking starcraft you anime fucks.

This game is designed to be a high quality western movie and watching movies on pc sucks hard. You should play it as real cowboy , with freedom in your pants, glass of whisky in your hand, while watching action on your wall from comfort sofa and yelling on your women to bring more booze quicker while smoking your favorite cigarette .
This is not gaming for those faint of heart which click with eyes glued to to the screen . . . stop jokin. If you are pc working corporate slave, you will never understand games like this, you must be cowboy to play cowboy.

brokeback-mountain-2-ya-know-were-trumpbe-putin-it-imgflip-com-5143437.png
Not to mention pc ultra textures on rocks or body skin hurts eyes, its not even close to xboxox. I think no one will understand this more than other fellows who played this game in best version on the big part of their wall. Pc is not for games like this, this is experience not a game.

Play this for the first time on xbox one x on big, good tv and after that you can tell anything about this game.
Playing it on pc or ps4 is like a sin and it's against american way of life of every cowboy.
slict4udv2a21.jpg

Last edited:
On my HDD it’s 75 seconds

What're your specs?

Not too amazing, it’s a 900€ MSi gl63 laptop with i5-8300 and GTX 1050 with 8gb of ram I think. Now in Horseshoe overlook the game boots up in around 1min 20-30 sec. Unless of course that guy with SSD meant the “whole” boot up starting from the double barrel R* logo.

Mortmal

Arcane
Jesus fucking christ, 2060 RTX to play High on 1080p?

:hmmm:
Once again its nvidia bullshit , 1080 p running at 30-60 fps on benchmark with one small drop to 7fps for one or two seconds in a populated town . Custom settings ulta for textures high for most things, medium for shadows and light , with just a radeon 380 and a I5. Had to set affinity to two cores only and shut down the two other cores, else the game freeze constantly.

Mortmal

Arcane
well cant recommend the game at all , its full console price yet completely unstable, multiple freezes, crashes at least once per mission during the 2 hours i played , while not showing any extraordinary graphics either .I dont remember a worse launch, it's as if its a marketing ploy to get us to buy consoles instead

They released 2 patches in last 24 hours I think lol. Now it seems to work fine, but really, I was playing it for 1,5 days and every few hours I had completely different sets of issues. For the last hour it was riding into Rhodes in RDO.

Anyone figured out how to quick-draw on PC, outside of duels? On consoles, you have to lightly depress the draw button, but you can't do this on keyboard/mouse. I can't find anything online, did they just ditch the whole feature for PCs? That would be pretty retarded.

Also, the control scheme in this game is beyond retarded in general. Why is every action "hold down" button instead of just press? And why do they constantly change based on context? It feels more like a QTE sequence than gameplay half the time. Press Q now, no E this time, now hold down W, nope tap V... Why????? Hope mods can fix this shit.

I also hate how everything changes in camp. Movement speed, can't take out or use weapons, and other stuff. Is the camp some kind of a time space anomaly which has its own physics laws or something? Who came up with this shit and why?

Breath of the Wild was so much better in this regard: you get dropped off into the world and are free to do whatever, everything follows the same basic rules and laws, the UI and the world are constant in their general aspects, and you can just "play". RDR2 feels like a forced movie so far with real shitty pseudo-gameplay.

Sentinel

Arcane
Think you need to just press LMB and the meter will start filling at the bottom right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom