Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
in 17 days this game will have been out for a fucking YEAR and I still have yet to play it beyond 2 hours because I naively decided to "wait for patches" and every fucking patch was either half-assed with "more coming soon™" or ended up breaking more shit than it fixed.

:outrage:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
in 17 days this game will have been out for a fucking YEAR and I still have yet to play it beyond 2 hours because I naively decided to "wait for patches" and every fucking patch was either half-assed with "more coming soon™" or ended up breaking more shit than it fixed.

They are aiming for a codex goty 2020,can't blame them really.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

And here I am. 46 hours in game. Finished it one year ago.

I feel unreal ... like the screenshot below.
A30A50879FA99F11F6607F48632A329861430E68

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter

And here I am. 46 hours in game. Finished it one year ago.

I feel unreal ... like the screenshot below.
A30A50879FA99F11F6607F48632A329861430E68
It looks great. Too bad it's busted. :(

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
"Currently, we have the end of September/early October in our minds. Tests will show though. Really would want to make it before/on 28th of September, but can't be too sure about that. Will certainly let everyone know in the news."

I don't know what to feel about this: they are obviously incompetent but it's almost one year and they don't give up.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Currently, we have the end of September/early October in our minds. Tests will show though. Really would want to make it before/on 28th of September, but can't be too sure about that. Will certainly let everyone know in the news."

I don't know what to feel about this: they are obviously incompetent but it's almost one year and they don't give up.
Sunk cost fallacy in action?

Codex Year of the Donut

Sucks for the people that bought it, but the effort they've continued to put towards the game has been pretty :incline:
If they get it into a playable state and re-release it, it will probably sell well.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I don't believe that they are incompetent,after all the game is working fine. From what i remember their lead programmer got butthurt and left,leaving a huge mess in the code. And that is very hard to fix by newcomer.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I don't believe that they are incompetent,after all the game is working fine. From what i remember their lead programmer got butthurt and left,leaving a huge mess in the code. And that is very hard to fix by newcomer.

It's hard but it doesn't justify the rest of the bullshit.

This is one of the only games in my memory which became worse with each patch. It must be a first for a single player game cause I don't remember any other example.

As a matter of fact I've finished the game with patch 1.2 and now the game cannot be finished with patch 1.5 because there are over 170 major bugs. Justify this if you can.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

This is one of the only games in my memory which became worse with each patch. It must be a first for a single player game cause I don't remember any other example.

As a matter of fact I've finished the game with patch 1.2 and now the game cannot be finished with patch 1.5 because there are over 170 major bugs. Justify this if you can.
I played only 1.0. Also the 170 major bugs seems exaggerated.

Jinn

Arcane
A lot of this just seems like publisher PR smokescreen to try to eek a few more sales out of the game, rather than a genuine attempt at fixing the many problems with the game, which is exactly what has been bothering me about this game since a month after it's release. Something smells rotten here, and it's only gotten more rank with the decay if an entire year.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I stand correct.

Other than that, we have lined up a list of 170 additional issues that are going to be addressed after v1.6 is released. These fixes should cover the remaining problems our community faced so far. Completing this version will be an important step towards Linux and Mac versions of the game along with any other possible additional content being released for INSOMNIA in the future.

The number of issues is unknown ... but even after this patch they have at least 170 issues remaining.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I stand correct.

Other than that, we have lined up a list of 170 additional issues that are going to be addressed after v1.6 is released. These fixes should cover the remaining problems our community faced so far. Completing this version will be an important step towards Linux and Mac versions of the game along with any other possible additional content being released for INSOMNIA in the future.

The number of issues is unknown but even after this patch they have at least 170 issues remaining.
Ahhh that is not major bugs,but just bugs and balancing.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
1.6 ETA October: https://steamcommunity.com/games/783170/announcements/detail/1595887546467820240

INSOMNIA’s first anniversary!

88028901211b5eee13652325f86b13d0c5b98b10.png

Hello everyone! Tomorrow marks exactly one year since the release of INSOMNIA: The Ark on Steam. So today we would like to discuss our progress so far and plans for the future.

Thanks to your non-stop involvement in bug hunting and general issue reporting, we were able to make INSOMNIA a better game for everyone. During the past year, our community has found over 520 bugs, 116 of which had high priority status, and all this time we’ve been working hard to address all of them. September turned out to be a very productive month with over 45 high priority issues being resolved.

7632290173cdc5badd6337e6b3b34ec2821797ae.png

Community achievements

Quite a few people showed interest to our title with 19,182 players following us on Steam. So far we have received 9309 likes and 8151 comments for 67 news posts that were trying to keep you entertained and informed on our progress at all times.

Our Community Hub hosts 3400 incredible screenshots that were made throughout this year and 1200 topics that were started by the players, while we did our best to be part of the discussions. We are also super thankful to each and everyone who participated in the creation of more than 100 videos and guides covering different aspects of the game.

Average INSOMNIA player

Steam dev tools provided us quite an interesting insight on what hardware is being used while playing the game.
  • 79% of our players like to play INSOMNIA on their desktops and use Windows Pro 64bit OS;
  • 85% of their gear is powered by Intel processors;
  • 83% are using NVIDIA GPUs;
  • 58% prefer 1920x1080 screen resolutions;
  • 56% of our players use English as their primary language.

However, this doesn’t mean we won’t continue improving the overall game performance for the rest of INSOMNIA’s players who prefer to use other gear, software, settings, and language.

001179a15e3d8551efeee7b23c1e82b69d8ff7f2.jpg

ETA for v1.6

Our current tests show that even though quite a few bugs have been hunted down after v1.5 was out (125 to be more exact), there are still some lingering issues that we want to get rid of before releasing v1.6 to the general public. This means that you can expect to receive this update to your Steam library throughout October.

Thank you for all the feedback, help, support and patience you’ve demonstrated us during this year. This keeps our engines going and fuels our enthusiasm, which is very important when you work on something for many years in a row.

See you soon!

Jinn

Arcane
Someone please tell me this game is fixed now. I want to play it so bad.

Like I've said before, you might as well just play it now. You'll have fun for 10-15 hours before it starts to sink in how poor character progression, combat mechanics, itemization, and exploration really is. These things will never be fixed. Just go for it. The bugs are easy to deal with.

Unless you don't own it yet, in which case, don't give money to this scam.

EDIT: To be clear, I don't think this game started as a scam. I think it inadvertently became one because extenuating circumstances.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Unfortunately, we won't make it this month. The last QA session resulted in the discovery of other story blocking bug. Fixing it, making another build to give it another QA spin.

Jinn

Arcane
"It's alright guys, we're still working on it. Go ahead and buy a copy sometime on sale! Maybe one for your friends and family too. We will not give up on FIXING THIS GAME WE PROMISE!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom