Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sue Bethesda/Zenimax to regain Fallout IP?

Self-Ejected

Lichtbringer

Self-Ejected
PS - Brian Fargo is considering buying Interplay.
With the premise that Bard's Tale IV must sell 2+ million copies... but Brian got assimilated by the Borg instead.

3Wyeux7.gif

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, the Fallout Trilogy starts with number 3, kinda in the middle like Star Wars, then there are FO 4 and 76. An unrelated spin-off (New Vegas) in-between, which is of course of lower quality.

How would a lawsuit work against such a strong IP?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Here's another idea: stop being so attached to the Fallout IP. It's not that good of a setting.

I think its about time we pass the hat around to sue Bethsoft and get the Fallout IP back where it belongs.
"Where it belongs"? Where's that? Certainly not at inXile (which means it would actually be owned by Microsoft, but pre-purchase inXile was terrible too).

Chaosdwarft

Learned
Patron
There was a time I would have agreed to take away the IP from Bestheda. But they have at least proven, they can find some other studio to actually make something palatable: Fallout New Vegas. :incline:

Fallout 3 was more of a proof of concept, with interesting potential and opportunities that needed polish.:lol:

Fallout 4 was just butt hurt Bestheda that tried to do something more mainstream (open world shooter survival crafting trend) and more successful than what Obsidian achieved. Also being a cheapskate by using a terribly outdated engine to execute some half arsed features. :decline:

Fallout 76 was pushing that horribly outdated engine to do something it was not at all designed to do with the objective of getting as much money as they could. Except this time moders were not there to fix their game.:retarded:

At this time I would say just let Fallout IP "rest". It's had a good run both in the isometric RPG phase and the FPS Light-RPG. We have been stuck in a loop of resurrected IPs, just like Hollywood, that are most of the time, a parody of their former selves. I understand that from a business perspective, it way riskier, but seriously, can we just let the franchises we love "die" and remember them as they were.:salute:

Cheers!

user

Savant
Don't worry OP, if I ever become a millionaire I will buy it back. Don't expect anything isometric though, sorry :(
Isometric doesn't necessarily make a good rpg, even if the best rpgs were isometric.

Is Outer Worlds better than Fallout 4?

It would take *serious* skill and effort for them to make it worse.

Black Angel

Arcane
Bethesda and Microsoft fighting over Fallout IP

:avatard:
I would love to see this happens just to see them burns.

But, personally, after Fallout 1.5: Resurrection and Fallout of Nevada, and then Mutants Rising, Fallout: Sonora, and (iirc) Olympus 2207 being translated, I couldn't care less for Fallout IP itself.

Terenty

Liturgist
Lol. And who will do a proper Fallout today? Certainly not Obsidian or Inexile.

I guess Zaum could, but they have better setting on their hands

Bigg Boss

Arcane
He might be a noob but he has a Solid Snake so you should listen to him. I think we should give Fallout to ActiBlizzard. Give fans the real Fallout MMO they deserve.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Everything else is far worse since they had the bright idea of trying to imitate the shitty gameplay of 3 and NV.

New Vegas would be a lot better if they fixed NPCs strafing around like headless chickens.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Maybe Beth will pull a fast one and make Fallout 5 single player only, isometric, and hard as fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom