Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warcraft III: Reforged - now with lowest user metacritic score of all time

Aemar

Arcane
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-has-no-plans-for-warcraft-4-yet/1100-6463033/

Blizzard Has No Plans For Warcraft 4 (Yet)
Don't rule it out yet, though.

Blizzard senior producer Pete Stilwell has revealed that there are currently no plans to develop Warcraft IV. However, a sequel to Blizzard's acclaimed real-time strategy series is possible, and the BlizzCon 2018 announcement of Warcraft III: Reforged proves the developer hasn't completely abandoned the series.

"I mean, I wouldn't rule anything out, but we don't have any plans around [Warcraft IV] at this point. Getting [Warcraft III: Reforged] right, I think, is our priority first and foremost," Stilwell told GameSpot in an interview.
NuBlizzard seems so clueless about everything pertaining to its franchises, besides the fact the company lost touch with its fanbase a long time ago. It's says a lot as a company when your main priorities are some shit mobile game (based on a clone of YOUR OWN game), a rehashed version of something that was released almost 20 years ago, and a MMO that has been milked to death.

What an irony the Warhammer Fantasy setting is garnering a lot of popularity and critical acclaim mainly to the TW:W games, while at the same time the Warcraft franchise is going down the shitter.

Olinser

Savant
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-has-no-plans-for-warcraft-4-yet/1100-6463033/

Blizzard Has No Plans For Warcraft 4 (Yet)
Don't rule it out yet, though.

Blizzard senior producer Pete Stilwell has revealed that there are currently no plans to develop Warcraft IV. However, a sequel to Blizzard's acclaimed real-time strategy series is possible, and the BlizzCon 2018 announcement of Warcraft III: Reforged proves the developer hasn't completely abandoned the series.

"I mean, I wouldn't rule anything out, but we don't have any plans around [Warcraft IV] at this point. Getting [Warcraft III: Reforged] right, I think, is our priority first and foremost," Stilwell told GameSpot in an interview.
NuBlizzard seems so clueless about everything pertaining to its franchises, besides the fact the company lost touch with its fanbase a long time ago. It's says a lot as a company when your main priorities are some shit mobile game (based on a clone of YOUR OWN game), a rehashed version of something that was released almost 20 years ago, and a MMO that has been milked to death.

What an irony the Warhammer Fantasy setting is garnering a lot of popularity and critical acclaim mainly to the TW:W games, while at the same time the Warcraft franchise is going down the shitter.

It's EXTRA hilarious because the only reason Total War got the Warhammer Fantasy license was because Games Workshop thought the franchise was finished after they burned it to the ground with the dumpster fire of End Times and then Age of Sigmar.

But Activision has demonstrated they are incapable of making good decisions about Blizzard franchises. Diablo 3 explicitly got expansions cancelled, they have effectively abandoned Starcraft (just a tiny team working on a balance patch every 6-12 months and once a year a new co-op commander), and now this Diablo Immortal bullshit.

J1M

Arcane
Remakes are easy for them because they do not require any design decisions.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe it's better this way, nu-Blizz don't have the aptitude to make any good design decisions anymore. Too bad this remake looks shit, at least Starcraft's remaster tried to keep the same aesthetic. I'd fire everyone who makes artistic decisions at Blizz and start over. Perhaps Blizz has become too big for its own good.

MilesBeyond

Cipher
I think it's pretty telling when a company's most exciting new products are remasters of old products. Starcraft, WoW Classic servers, and now Warcraft 3 Reforged. 20 bucks says soon they'll announce a Diablo 2 remake to appease the people upset about Immortal.

Olinser

Savant
Maybe it's better this way, nu-Blizz don't have the aptitude to make any good design decisions anymore. Too bad this remake looks shit, at least Starcraft's remaster tried to keep the same aesthetic. I'd fire everyone who makes artistic decisions at Blizz and start over. Perhaps Blizz has become too big for its own good.

It didn't become too big, it let itself be bought by a company that didn't share their dedication or their standards. The only thing they could possibly have done worse would have been selling to EA.

J1M

Arcane
Nah, it just gave too much influence to the artists and replaced its internal nerd culture with too many diversity hires.

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It didn't become too big, it let itself be bought by a company that didn't share their dedication or their standards. The only thing they could possibly have done worse would have been selling to EA.
... You mean when they were bought by Davidson & Associates in 1994? Or by CUC International in 1996? Havas in 1998? Vivendi in 1998? Or Activision in 2008?

I think J1M is closer to the truth.

Lacrymas

Arcane
:necro:

I remembered this thing existed because my YouTube recommendations are flooded with beta videos. It looks like shit. That is all.

Olinser

Savant
:necro:

I remembered this thing existed because my YouTube recommendations are flooded with beta videos. It looks like shit. That is all.

It looks like shit and a huge amount of stuff they claimed they were going to do has been cut.

No ladder at release. No redone cutscenes. No new voice lines, no new voice actors. Still limited to 12 unit selection.

But hey at least they put in a female demon hunter model! Because that's so damn important.

I really like WC3, but this remaster has gone from 'sounds good' to 'sounds like a minimum-effort cash grab' in a hurry.

Zeriel

Arcane
I forget the exact details, but some country (EU?) has laws against how long they can not release a product when they have taken pre-orders. That may be part of it. Then again they could just be cutting corners. Either way I agree it looks like a really sloppy remaster.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Got invited to beta but it's only autistic 1v1 mode right now so haven't played yet :argh::argh:

I can't wait for custom games though, the reason I bought the game. Really hoping that this will re-invigorate the custom game community

QGKT2CZYOKF21569878847748.jpg

MWCO469RNZCH1569878847750.jpg

2E1FX0EK9BZ61569878847457.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
It will definitely bring in some new players. If it's too successful, however, it will cause Blizz to think it's the graphical overhaul, instead of the gameplay, that brought them in.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
and a huge amount of stuff they claimed they were going to do has been cut.

There's wee bit of misinformation here;

No redone cutscenes.

They said from getgo in the very first Q&A that only the very first cinematic will be redone, the one they showcased.

No new voice lines,

They didn't promise any, but that's not exactly true because those new gender bender models do have new voice lines.

no new voice actors.

They didn't promise any, but that's not exactly true because those new gender bender models do have new voice actors.

Still limited to 12 unit selection.

This is because the game is supposed to have cross play with WC3 TFT so they can't do major alterations without affecting cross play balance. Whetever cross play is smart or not is a matter of it's own.

I really like WC3, but this remaster has gone from 'sounds good' to 'sounds like a minimum-effort cash grab' in a hurry.

The beta is extremely bare bones yeah.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm pretty sure they'll have both female and male versions of some heroes (like the DK and DH). Anyway, I can't get over the fact it doesn't look like WC3, it looks like an indie game with a big budget, but those indie games that are very generic and unimaginative that seem to pop up constantly.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I was happy with SCR which I rate :5/5:

Foolishly expected the same from WCR, however after I heard out Grubby my expectations sunk from :5/5: to :3/5:

... and then from :3/5: to :dead: after seeing the female Death Knight.

TedNugent

Arcane
Fuck all of you and fuck this stupid game. I hope Blizzard dies. After they release this.

I hope someone plays it, War3 was literally my favorite gave ever. All they have to do is copy paste everything. If I have 6 months of 10,000 concurrent players and some reskinned Tower Defense maps (plz Jesus multi square D and Enfos), I can die happy.

I don't care if the Death Knights are reskinned as transexuals. Just keep the gameplay 1:1 and release the ladder balance patch I've been waiting 6 years for.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Fuck all of you and fuck this stupid game. I hope Blizzard dies. After they release this.

I hope someone plays it, War3 was literally my favorite gave ever. All they have to do is copy paste everything. If I have 6 months of 10,000 concurrent players and some reskinned Tower Defense maps (plz Jesus multi square D and Enfos), I can die happy.

I don't care if the Death Knights are reskinned as transexuals. Just keep the gameplay 1:1 and release the ladder balance patch I've been waiting 6 years for.
I'll just play it in classic mode to avoid the cancer since I still have my original CD keys.

TedNugent

Arcane

I'll just play it in classic mode to avoid the cancer since I still have my original CD keys.

Bro if anyone still plays ladder I need to reinstall. I already played the campaign 3 times all the way through, I need ladder.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom