Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Is Vaarna off his meds or is he just going full retard?

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I will charitably assume ignorance, so to those unaware Billy D of One Angry Gamer is a bona fide retarded nazi and one that isn't even good at dogwhistling their fascist views on JQ, miscegnation and homophobia.

Also rather hypocritically will openly and strongly support actual censorship when it's about keeping teh gays out of TV.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
I will charitably assume ignorance, so to those unaware Billy D of One Angry Gamer is a bona fide retarded nazi and one that isn't even good at dogwhistling their fascist views on JQ, miscegnation and homophobia.

Also rather hypocritically will openly and strongly support actual censorship when it's about keeping teh gays out of TV.
How about you think what's better for you as a consumer, such as having translation that is accurate and doesn't go trough some censorship filter?

But obvious you don't care about this you care about woke and how woke woke is in games which has nothing to do with games at all.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
He is calling for hypocrisy of the guy who wants to censor stuff that is not convenient to him (LGBT stuff for One Agry Gamer) talking about censorship. OAG is the usual politically biassed shithead who "Its okay to do so if its in my interest but bad when the left did it" bullshit.

Vaarna_Aarne is not saying that censorship of Yakuza 4 is good you morons.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
No no no you don't get away with the "I was just pretending to be retarded" excuse

Vaarna_Aarne wrote a very specific post:

"Nazis whining about "censorship", always amusing. Get that shit back to /gd/."

The "" indicates that he doesn't believe this to be censorship, or he put it there because he believes the nazhee doesn't have the right to hold opinion on censorship, either way just because an alleged hypocritical nahzee said it doesn't make it wrong, this post indicates very strongly that he cares more about "Nazis", whatever tf this means, to be in the containment zone and to not have opinions than he cares about the censorship of the game.

And unfortunately for you fags the nazhee seems to be the only one that cares google gives very meager results on this.

Vaarna_Aarne pls respond I'll pummel your nipples

Vaarna_Aarne

Any position a nazi would have on censorship is disingenuous, and Billy D has demonstrated this. Not a case of just detail-tweak self-censorship to dodge controversy, possibly the law in Japan in case of the cigarette on the cover, which is by far the real shame because it was a great cover; Billy D supported an Alabama state broadcaster BAN of an episode of a cartoon because it had gay marriage. And yes, Billy D is a nazi, I'm simply going to assume you aren't familiar with the guy's not even concealed racism and homophobia, and his talk about true bloods, culture communists, and dastardly devils with duplicitious schemes. Fash gonna fash, and can't even do their dogwhistles subtle. Because nazis always lie (and they always do, we got another great example this week with Richard "I am not a racist" Spencer getting the audio leak of him throwing a screeching supervillain tantrum), there is no point in taking any of their words seriously as long as they are nazis. He doesn't give a fuck about censorship of any stripe, he only uses it as a vehicle to smuggle in nazi propaganda.

Also my nipples are not very sensitive, so no party has anything to gain there.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
You are extremely hypocritical, every single one of your posts was more concerned with denouncing nazis and turning this political than the subject matter as opposed to the the article that has 0 right wing anything, except for claiming censorship I guess, that's right wing now. You disagree that it is censorship but even mistranslation would be unacceptable from a consumer perspective, you didn't say this you turned this instead into gd.

This is why I called you out, this is why people called you retard and this is why what you wrote has nothing at all to do with games.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
SPOILER FOR YAKUZA 7
oq4dxc63tdy31.jpg

me: rn

cat.jpg

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Here's a handy dandy bingo card for all the censorship apologist cucks in this thread foaming at the mouth about imaginary Nazis. If you get a bingo your wife/girlfriend will peg you.

79B2DB09BA98FF74EF67D4C146CFB0F25D2DA2CD

Ivan

Arcane
Are any other Yakuza stories as compelling and satisfying as Zero's? I've only played 0 and Kiwami thus far. Picking up Kiwami 2 during Xmas sale

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
They announced Xbox ports of 0,1 and 2 but nothing about PC ports of all the others sequels.

Well at least it shows that SEGA and RGG Studio really want to make Yakuza a multiplatform and global franchise. A good sign for PC release of upcoming games.

Vaarna_Aarne

Are any other Yakuza stories as compelling and satisfying as Zero's? I've only played 0 and Kiwami thus far. Picking up Kiwami 2 during Xmas sale
I personally liked 6 the most, in large part due to its specific themes. But overall there's a pretty strong case to be made that Zero has the best main story out of the bunch. That's not to say they aren't good stories overall, particularly by standards of vidya.

(Judgment's also got a pretty damn good main story, and since it's basically a spin-off I say that counts too)

Ivan

Arcane
Wait, I thought Kiwami 1 and 2 were 1 and two :?

Zero was my first Yakuza and I'm also waiting foir the sales, although Kiwami 1 is tempting me at only £15

Kiwami (and soon Kiwami 2) are on Game Pass. 3 months for a dollar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom