Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
6T3bkSo.jpg
Those tweets are obviously satirical, you incel.
are you being satirical yourself or just tactically stupid?
It is just nano,ignore it.

Wesp5

Arcane
My point is that she is senior narrative designer, not "just an additional writer".

I read somewhere that Cara Ellison is writting a series of sidequests in which you visit other randomly embraced people and see how they cope with becoming a vampire. I hope this is all she does and the main quest is written by Brian Mitsoda himself only!

S.torch

Arbiter
My point is that she is senior narrative designer, not "just an additional writer".

I read somewhere that Cara Ellison is writting a series of sidequests in which you visit other randomly embraced people and see how they cope with becoming a vampire. I hope this is all she does and the main quest is written by Brian Mitsoda himself only!

:love:

Regardless of how the game turns out, hope to see you here and share your thoughs in the release date. It will be fun no matters what.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

So you want a 30 hours story about glove fetishists?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
What's the story behind this?
Mitsoda said once in some interview that he'd never come back working on anything like Bloodlines again since it's so massive undertaking. Hardsuit Labs needed a writer for newly approved pitched VTMB2 prototype and couldn't see anyone else as a writer so one of the Mitsodas buttbudies from HSL contacted the man himself. He was so shocked he quickly forgot he decided not to work on such games again.
They take risk after risk to actually make BL2 real. Rick Shaffer also hanged back saying he's not so talented anymore but in the end he was, I guess, persuaded to work on this too.

Wesp5

Arcane
Hardsuit Labs needed a writer for newly approved pitched VTMB2 prototype and couldn't see anyone else as a writer so one of the Mitsodas buttbudies from HSL contacted the man himself.

I heard a different story: Mitsoda and one of the Hardsuit Labs guys are good friends and the moment Paradox bought the White Wolf rights, they sat together to create a VTMB2 pitch.

They take risk after risk to actually make BL2 real.

The producer has said this several times: they risked a lot already pitching the game to Paradox. Because if they'd refused, they'd never had been able to make it as Paradox owned the IP!

Rick Shaffer also hanged back saying he's not so talented anymore but in the end he was, I guess, persuaded to work on this too.

I read somewhere that it was in a dark time of his life that Rik Schaffer wrote the Bloodlines soundtrack, which made it so good and dark, that he fears he could never reproduce it...

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

The producer has said this several times: they risked a lot already pitching the game to Paradox. Because if they'd refused, they'd never had been able to make it as Paradox owned the IP!

This sounds, ah, not entirelly logical. Where is the huge risk? What do they risk by making the pitch? No loss other than the work hours needed to prepare the pitch in the first place.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

This sounds, ah, not entirelly logical. Where is the huge risk? What do they risk by making the pitch? No loss other than the work hours needed to prepare the pitch in the first place.

They could have said no and that would have hurt their feelings.

:despair:

Wesp5

Arcane
What do they risk by making the pitch? No loss other than the work hours needed to prepare the pitch in the first place.

Maybe, but at the time I don't know what Mitsoda did and Hardsuit Labs had one multiplayer FPS that was old already. If the pitch had failed, all the time and work had been wasted and they would have needed to find something else to stay alive. Which reminds me a bit of Troika Games after Bloodlines: They tried to do several pitches, among them a Fallout successor, but when Bethesda bought the IP it failed, they had no funding anymore and they had to close.

jungl

Augur

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You guys are kind of all being idiots. Your expectation is that the game is going to be a 60 hour intolerable SJW broadcast, based on cherry picking these little interviews about your trigger spots. I guess to some of you that really is what the game will be "all about", just like some people thought Sinking City was "all about" irrational persecution of the poor heroic KKK when really anything political took up about 5 minutes of the 40 hour runtime. This is going to be a few characters with a few lines portrayed differently, maybe even some with a "message", but mostly you're going to be running around biting doods, doing missions, playing with factions etc.

I swear to god, the more conservatives complain about snowflakes, the more they reveal how thin-skinned they are.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
You guys are kind of all being idiots. Your expectation is that the game is going to be a 60 hour intolerable SJW broadcast, based on cherry picking these little interviews about your trigger spots. I guess to some of you that really is what the game will be "all about", just like some people thought Sinking City was "all about" irrational persecution of the poor heroic KKK when really anything political took up about 5 minutes of the 40 hour runtime. This is going to be a few characters with a few lines portrayed differently, maybe even some with a "message", but mostly you're going to be running around biting doods, doing missions, playing with factions etc.

I swear to god, the more conservatives complain about snowflakes, the more they reveal how thin-skinned they are.

Hmm, disagree with your simplistic binary view of the world. One doesn't need to be conservative to dislike people prioritising portrayal of their own view of reality over building a fun fantasy that is strictly adherent to the defined tropes and rules of the established setting.

There should be no intersection between the world of this game and the real world. That is the definition of fantasy.

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

^ This, but about 90% of posts in 90% of threads.

well, usually when you try to sell a product you speak about its strong points and/or its most prominent characteristics. all we hear is "look at how amazing my pink hair are!" since the very first announcements, so either they place all their eggs in the incloooosive basket or most of the whole game is centered around the aforementioned basket.
worrying.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There should be no intersection between the world of this game and the real world. That is the definition of fantasy.

Dude, it’s a modern nights Vampire: The Masquerade game. It takes place in (not quite our) Seattle in 2020 and you want no connection to reality? That’s crazy. There should be many, many points of intersection with the real world. That’s one of the reasons Bloodlines was so great: it really captures that 2004 major urban center zeitgeist.

biggestboss

Liturgist
Dude, it’s a modern nights Vampire: The Masquerade game. It takes place in (not quite our) Seattle in 2020 and you want no connection to reality? That’s crazy. There should be many, many points of intersection with the real world. That’s one of the reasons Bloodlines was so great: it really captures that 2004 major urban center zeitgeist.
To be honest, I do expect and even welcome this. I wouldn't even mind if it goes to a full extreme of having preachy Trump Derangement Syndrones all over the place as long as I get the choice to fill them all with lead or drain them of all their blood.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom