Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Where are the games

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It's like 3-4 AAA titles being released yearly and that's that.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's like 3-4 AAA titles being released yearly and that's that.
Welcome to Earth 1. On our Earth we have lots of AAA titles released per year. I'm sad to hear that on Earth 3, there are only 3-4 titles per year.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Those links were kinda TL;DR for me but 2012/2013 had GTAV, BioShock Infinite, The Last of Us, Mass Effect 3, Dishonored, etc. A bunch more AAA games being released compared to now.

Codex Year of the Donut
Those links were kinda TL;DR for me but 2012/2013 had GTAV, BioShock Infinite, The Last of Us, Mass Effect 3, Dishonored, etc. A bunch more AAA games being released compared to now.
2019 has Jedi fallen order, doom, borderlands 3, dmc 5, death stranding, re2, rage 2, division 2, Anthem, cod mw, metro, far cry, and others

Fall has been pretty depressing. Ancestor's Odyssey failed hard, Greedfall and Outer Worlds were both dull as rocks, Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC seems pretty mediocre so far... Only Disco Disco has delivered, but it's a fairly short game, so ... On to April.

This is the longest I've gone without an upgrade in my 25 years of putting my own computers together.

My processor is now 8 years old (i5 3570k). It's not a money issue, but a lack of interest issue. Big-ticket games are all shit and, even if I were to like shit, they still run well enough on my rig (I do have a 1070). Technological stagnation coupled with a lack of ideas and a bottom-feeding "indie" development scene has led me to an all-time low interest in playing computer games. I'm also getting old, pushing 40. There are (too) many older games that I still haven't completed, not to mention emulation, which is probably what I spend the most of my very rare gaming time these days.

Whenever I think about dropping a couple grand on an upgrade some better application for that cash immediately springs to mind. Some small improvement for my apartment (a new door for the bathroom! a new couch! etc), even spending it all taking my girl out for dinner seems like a much better proposition. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Puukko

Arcane
I've largely become apathetic to new releases, being far more interested in older classics, so I don't see much reason to upgrade for the foreseeable future. My vidya fund has become my whiskey fund.

Indeed, if I were to upgrade, it would be for emulation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom