Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Really, the fact that some classes recover twice as fast from being hit than others just because of how they are animated is a pretty significant kink in the game's balance and going 3D could fix this

Not only that. The vampire necro slow casting speed bug can be solved.

For those who desn't know

Shadenuat

Arcane
playing single player necro with dagger and clay golem now, 1.14d, with Glide to remove stretching. I actually like grafix, mainly the color lightning on sprites from mobs and stuff. looks like there were some tweaks to make monster and area look a bit more varied and atmospheric.

At the same time it's interesting how things changed after D1: you add run option for player, so you increase the size of levels, and also increase monster packs in size and quantity. Naturally loot drops also increase. It all only goes up (or down, depending on your opinion) from there. The time it takes me to go through Act 1 (by killing everything, not speedrunning) I'd already be closing to Hell in D1 and fight through a lot more varied monstruary.

poison necro is good challenge.

It has been more than 10 years since I played D2, and in era of banalce, I really appreciate some things and interesting skills which I didn't before, like necro curses that cut enemy field of view or reduce enemy damage by 33% (on level 1). not to mention corpse explosion.

other stuff I want to try are kickassin (never played one, heard they're fun and kick scales with boots you wear lmao), fend amazon wil valk and maybe bear druid with bear pet.

good autumrainbackhurts game.

also I think while I lost original CDs I actually found in one old cd pack a terrifying looking paper with coffee stains that seems to have my Battle.net licence key written on it.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I have some tests this week but next week i will try do a necro naked run of D2 and D1 - Belzebub mod.

Machocruz

Arcane
Un3432titled.png

Candace Thomas, SENIOR Diablo 4 encounter designer, proudly presenting her gaysh rainbowy Blizzard pin.

images

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
One more question. Will i be able to do "naked"/beyond naked challenges on Diablo IV?

Like on Diablo 2
A guy beating hell baal naked on d2

I have some important tests soon but after i get more free time, i will re play Diablo 1(Belzebub mod) and Diablo 2, both as necromancer(the mod includes on d1) and will do a BEYOND NAKED CHALLENGE on Diablo 1(use cursed gear) and naked challenge on D2.
necromancer.png

https://mod.diablo.noktis.pl/characters

And Belzebub for diablo 1 - necromancer gameplay

Then i will try beat dark souls 2 NG+ with only the pyro flame equipped(that is not exactly a equipment since weights nothing)... This is a thing that i really miss from old diablo games. They are more akin to role playing games, where your character matters. Your character is not a soulless blank state to put gear into it. You character is not the generic clone nº765874, he feels like another character.

abija

Prophet
That means the games are more action than rpg, not whatever the fuck you think/miss. One of the main critiques of pre nerf D3 being that you were forced to avoid dmg with ability timing or movement (action games) instead of being able to build your character to mitigate enough of it at least (rpg).

Generic-Giant-Spider

Then i will try beat dark souls 2 NG+ with only the pyro flame equipped(that is not exactly a equipment since weights nothing)...

Does DS2 still have a decent population on PC? I kind of feel like dusting off the old RoBFlynn Ice Rapier scumbag to annihilate some health bars.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Does DS2 still have a decent population on PC? I kind of feel like dusting off the old RoBFlynn Ice Rapier scumbag to annihilate some health bars.

Depends what you consider "decent", some times i can get maths easy some times not. But even with 5 mi soul memory, i sometimes get invaded. You can do pvp but will require patience.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Inferno could be fixed by adding "* 3" in the right place.
So I lolrushed to ch 5 with my 10 Dim Vision necromancer (best. curse. evar. 0 deaths too and easiest duriel and mephisto ever with clay golem; Kurwast?? 500 blowpipe midgets? get Dim Vision, they just stand 25 seconds and die under rogue waifu arrows, collect loot), got poison nova and armed my rogue waifu with Zephyr

just diablo2 things

and I still wonder about Poison Dagger and how hilariously it works early levels without synergies. U see, it gets increased early damage every level, but problem is, it also increases poison time and mana cost, which means something like this:
level 1: 7-15 damage over 2 seconds
which translates to 11 damage per second (or frame whatever)

level 5: 40-56 per 3.6
which means that investing 5 SP means... 13 damage per second

Now there's all clever formula for multiple poison stacking, and damage is actually applied per frame not second, and synergies make it a lot better (massively better, I heard at best times you clear endgame faster than paladin with aoe build), but what I mean is, early game, or just investing points into this skill, no, it doesn't make it "worse", but it means that to get most of your damage at level 20 you have to wait...

10 seconds.

and my archer lady does around 100 damage per shot basically 2-shotting endgame enemies. Me with 10 level PD and dual Tal rune dagger... not so much.

A very simple fixes for this skill would be one or few of the following:
a) cap the time but continue damage progression, so higher level: poison takes less time to kill
b) increase base skill damage by like x2, but lower synergy effects
c) make it, just like with Amazon magic arrow, reduce required mana per level until it becomes 0 mana to use

Nobody bothered though for 16 years. same as nobody gave necro say 3 mana per Energy and sorc 4 per energy.
Also it's so inconsistent, why does everything work over time but Nova over 2 secs tops, ITMAKESNOSENSE--

(Poison Corpse Explosion is even more shit btw, due to shit radius; although while multiple poison sources stack you can stack it with nova and dagger and emeralds...

although at that point when you're done that Sorceress would already have finished the game. twice.)

oo I got Infernostride on norman ch5. not great not terrible. (equips)

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I saw a guy on reddit saying that male sorcerer makes no sense. WTF? Sorcerer was male only on Diabo 1.

I hate gender locked classes. Unless is something very specific like female only Valkiries. Diablo 1/2 had it by budged limitations. And most modern mmos had it to sell bikini armor

Shadenuat

Arcane
"Ah, Anya. Such a fine example of feminine strength... She reminds me of the Zakarum priestesses I knew in my youth. They don't take vows of chastity, you know."
lel Cain

somehow I doubt that line would have made it into game today

Generic-Giant-Spider

I tend to associate certain classes with genders. Like a Barbarian to me should always be a male, same with Paladin. A Druid seems more of a female thing, "Mother Nature" and all.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Druids were male. Female ones are mostly mythology and rare mentions picked here and there, probably belonged to different cult.

But then Druids didn't care much about tree hugging and were just same ancient priest class you can find in any culture. They were just romanticized the most later.

Brits heavily romanticize their history; if it's medieval then it's english vs french, rest of the world is mystary. Although it's also because of their massive influence on the world and culture during empire era I guess.
I of course enjoy this history like any other history; but I wish when i go on youtube and search some videos on bows, the first thing person says is else but WELL, ENGLISH LONGBOW DURING ENGLISH WAR come on there is the rest of the world and it also used bows, man.

The interview I mentioned above I can't be bothered to look for. Just wait ~4 years if you don't believe me.
Uhh I think many would just play D2 then. it doesn't require strong computah, easy to play, polished...
Sounds like a good way of killing off D3/D4.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yeah, but Block chance.
I actually find it... fairly useless. Unless your block recovery is great, you are just stunlocked. I almost wanted to run with left hand empty for a while, but +3 golem head dropped.
I ve seen speedrunner drop shield on necro because of this.

Five centuries give or take of Roman occupation will do that.
Mm not sure what you mean, current english have little to do with roma era people, they came later. Unless you mean Arthur legend and such.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Mm not sure what you mean, current english have little to do with roma era people, they came later. Unless you mean Arthur legend and such.

You said they romanticized their history. That’s where the word itself comes from. Roman era still strong in cultural memory (cf. Tolkien).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, but Block chance.
I actually find it... fairly useless. Unless your block recovery is great, you are just stunlocked. I almost wanted to run with left hand empty for a while, but +3 golem head dropped.
I ve seen speedrunner drop shield on necro because of this.

Was talking about Zealadin, although never made it to Hell back then so maybe block recovery eventually became an issue.

Shadenuat

Arcane

You said they romanticized their history. That’s where the word itself comes from. Roman era still strong in cultural memory (cf. Tolkien).
duh I'm bad at this stuff

Meanwhile, I learned hard way that Dim Vision works on every Bhaal add but one I truly wanted to it to work.
Nothing merc + amplify + corpse explosion + 60 mana potions couldn't solve, but considering that say Druid's stun wave works perfectly on them it was disappointment. reading wiki revealed me that it's same for any other similar cc curse like confuse etc. meh.

(I once surprised people on release with hardcore bear druid with high stun so for 2 days they named bhaalruns "bear bhaal". never I felt so important in my worthless teen life as that moment.)

time for some NOKILLKING
mo moo

Dim Vision works on cows!
perfect cow clearer.

mass blind cow poisonings. so cruel. someone summon druidos.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom