Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Only if you deal in absolutes.

I may seem like a rabid defender in my posts here but i'd qualify Greedfall as "nice and competent in it's utter mediocrity".

It does not mean I had not liked or enjoyed it.

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I could seem like a rabid defender in my posts here but i'd qualify Greedfall as "nice and competent in it's utter mediocrity".

Does not mean I did not liked or enjoyed it.

Well, you can enjoy rolling around in the mud too. Or smoking heroin. Or having sex with an ugly woman.

Whenever you encounter decline, reject it decisively and categorically.

442.png

Duraframe300

Arcane
I could seem like a rabid defender in my posts here but i'd qualify Greedfall as "nice and competent in it's utter mediocrity".

Does not mean I did not liked or enjoyed it.

Well, you can enjoy rolling around in the mud too. Or smoking heroin. Or having sex with an ugly woman.

Whenever you encounter decline, reject it decisively and categorically.

Was it decline though?

Or more specifc: Technomancer vs Greedfall: Did they get better or worse?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ss-drives-h2-gains-for-focus-home-interactive

Greedfall success drives H1 growth for Focus Home Interactive
Publisher says it remains on target to build yearly revenue from €44m to €150m over three years

Focus Home Interactive has posted its Q2 and overall H1 financials, reporting quarterly revenue up 135% year-over-year mainly thanks to the strong launch of Greedfall.

Q2 revenue for Focus Home was €37.2 million ($41.3 million), while H1 revenue reached €79.8 million ($88.6 million) -- up 80% year-over-year. Aside from Greedfall, World War Z's continued digital sales and the launch of A Plague Tale: Innocence also were significant contributors to company revenue. The Surge 2 launched in the final week of Q2 and played a role, though its impact will likely be felt more strongly next quarter.

Digital sales accounted for 84% of the H1 total, up from 65% in the same period last year.

Also of note is that Focus Home's deal with Sherlock Holmes series developer Frogwares ended during the last quarter, though the publisher refused to transfer the rights to the games' store listings back to the developer.

Focus Home confirmed its earlier revenue guidance for the end of the next fiscal year (2021/2022) of between €150 million to €200 million ($166 million to $222 million) in revenue. Its full-year revenue for the previous fiscal year, 2018-2019, was €44.3 million ($49.1 million).

As for the current fiscal year, COO John Bert cautioned that H2 would be quieter than H1 due to only having a single planned release: Snowrunner.

"Focus Home Interactive's growth further accelerated in the second quarter compared to a record first quarter," he said. "We anticipated that 2019/20 would be a front-end loaded year and we are very satisfied with our performance during the first half of the year. Even if we do not expect such an exceptional growth rate in the second half of the year, these good results demonstrate our ability to change scale, hence the confirmation of our 2021/2022 revenue targets."

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Im only an hour or so in, what exactly are the problems here other than a bit of WEWUZery?

The opening town section is the best thing in the game. The rest of it has much less C&C, much less interesting dialog/questions to ask, and looks like an endless Oklahoma sim. The ending does pick up a bit, and overall it's a decent time-waster, but it never lives up to the potential of that training area.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
How do you go about playing this to make it the best experience?

Is there some must have build? Should you cheat to trivialise the combat? Just play the first few hours and then watch the ending on YouTube?

Lay it on me.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
How do you go about playing this to make it the best experience?

Is there some must have build? Should you cheat to trivialise the combat? Just play the first few hours and then watch the ending on YouTube?

Just choose one skill (melee, tech, magic) tree, put points in there and play? Mage's AoE stasis field is almost in-game cheat and ends most trash fights under 20s. Bosses are still painful though. Difficulty levels only affect incoming damage, so no bloated HP pools as far as know.

It also took a conscious effort on my part to curb my autistic habits and stop myself from sniffing under every stone, looting every container and trying to talk with every passerby NPC. Game was much more enjoyable after. Exploring open-world areas before getting major quests in them is also mixed bug. There are hidden bosses and some unique items but main plot goes through all of them, often several times, so attempts for early exploration often turn into unnecessary borefest.

PS Respawning containers in towns are pure evil. Ignoooore them...

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
https://www.pcgamer.com/disco-elysium-has-ruined-the-outer-worlds-for-me/

Shit, I have the same feeling, only with Greedfall.

After Disco Elysium it feels so bland, unimaginative and boring. I know it is not so bad, because I started playing it shortly after release (then made a pause for Technomancer and then Disco), but still... I'm afraid the influence of DE will make it more difficult to enjoy this kind of okayish games.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ive finished it

im finally free

probably the only reason why i kept coming back is i really love spade & flintlock style.

story is insulting player intelligence. Ending is totally not inspired by game of thrones
the story def fall apart in the last arc of the game.

still overall story/quest are better than the outer shit

Xeon

Augur
Yeah, that probably was the worst quest for me, you backtrack 6 or 7 times, it sucked. iirc some parts they had auto travel to quest locations, really wish they used that shit instead of having to travel from point to point.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I like that when they give you an option to auto travel to your objective, they always ask you if you want to... unlike other rpgs, that teleport you from one place to another without any options :)

However, it happens not often enough. Usually you have no choice and are forced to do the legwork yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom