Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well there is Sirocco, which is fortitude iirc.
Yeah, I forgot to mention Sirroco but it is only 4d6 for + damage per dice effects so any Sorc with Evocation foci could use it more a less full power.

And using this one anywhere near your party is suicide. I barely casted it at all without Eldritch Arcana - waiting until it runs out its almost 2 min duration was this annoying.

Sykar

Arcane
I wonder if Sirocco benefits from the bonus damage from sorcerer bloodlines and Blood Havoc Mutation. Maybe not, since the description says per die and Sirocco just gets +1 per CL.

I was wondering where you getting these numbers from. Talk about cheese, lol. Those blood havoc feats are totally broken-as if cross blooded weren't enough! Looks like fun though. The doubling of HP in 3rd edition really changed how you need to play wizards/sorcerers.

Sykar

Arcane
I was wondering where you getting these numbers from. Talk about cheese, lol. Those blood havoc feats are totally broken-as if cross blooded weren't enough! Looks like fun though. The doubling of HP in 3rd edition really changed how you need to play wizards/sorcerers.

Well you do lose 1 spell known per spell level, so 9 less spells known, and you suffer -2 to will saves. How strong the crossblooded is depends entirely on the bloodlines chosen. Orc/dragon rivals AT in terms of damage output but is hardly good for anything else, unlike AT who can double up as a thief. Biggest drawback is that the bonus bloodline feats from both, orc and dragon, are lackluster. The two best are Toughness and Improved Initiative, the rest is niche or outright bad for pure sorcerer. Going AT on sorcerer is also a pretty questionable choice because you are now 2 levels behind wizards in terms of spell progression. Level 9 spells at 19? Level 3 at 7th level instead of 5th? Ugh, not good.

John Keel

Savant
I'm racking my brains all over it and came up empty, so here it is

Eldritch Archer: Why ? What for?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Maybe for a 2 level dip to get an extra archery Cantrip Spellstrike attack (at - 2 AB)? Or 3 levels to also get Arcane Accuracy. That's about it.

John Keel

Savant
Yeah, so mostly useless.

I just dont understand the premise of the class, using weapon instead of ray touch attack without range improvement is such a weird perk...

Beneath the stolen lands question:

Do you guys start a new run with a premade party composition or are you creating it after checking vendor's random items ?

Hard/Unfair: Do you restrict yourself playing Deadly Earth Kinetiscist as it trivialize 99% of the content?

Turn-based mod: Is the freebooter gimped in this mod? Giving up a full attack feels terrible for the bond

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Hard/Unfair: Do you restrict yourself playing Deadly Earth Kinetiscist as it trivialize 99% of the content?

That is both not fun and party unfriendly.

Turn-based mod: Is the freebooter gimped in this mod? Giving up a full attack feels terrible for the bond

Wouldn't say so. Bond lasts a minute, is unlimited use and can be activated outside combat.
Bane is another story, but unless playing an Archer or pouncing barbarian, you're not full attacking after movement anyways.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
It's a sad class. Trades ray touch attacks for less accurate bow attacks - and if misses, the spell is lost - as opposed to touch attacks from melee magi.

Yosharian

Arcane
It's a sad class. Trades ray touch attacks for less accurate bow attacks - and if misses, the spell is lost - as opposed to touch attacks from melee magi.
Uhh well. OK. But it's an extra attack. And if you have Shatter Defenses, you're pretty much guaranteed a hit anyway... And you can enchant your bow with like a bazillion elemental damage.

What archery build would you choose over an EA? I've been thinking about switching my EA character for another one so I'm curious.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I'd choose a ranger, slayer, vivisectionist or rogue over an arcane archer for archery. Also a bard for general party usefulness. A 2-3 level AA dip for extra attack and on demand accuracy boost is ok.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'd choose a ranger, slayer, vivisectionist or rogue over an arcane archer for archery. Also a bard for general party usefulness. A 2-3 level AA dip for extra attack and on demand accuracy boost is ok.
Eldritch Archer, not Arcane Archer.

If I was going Slayer, I feel like I'd want to keep it pure.

I already have a Vivi otherwise I'd probably consider that. It does seem rather powerful.

loupgris

Literate
at lvl 12 with the bow +1 2d6 +2d6 acid
slayer/ranger +12
Eldritch archer +9 but +3 on the bow and with the use of ray you can take +6 (18 int +4 item) form Arcane accuracy to hit, and add 12d6.
vivi/rogue +9

loupgris

Literate
At the end Eldritch archer can oversize a bow and add 5d6 sneak dammage on each ray and add 3d6 fire/cold//elec + bane.
It's a very good archer.

loupgris

Literate
For bane of the living you just have to use Rod Grandmaster's Rod 3 times a day, Empowered, Maximized, Ignore Magic Resistance, Ignore Magic Immunity.
Cost no charge and each crit will do 75 damages (or 150).
So all the time when you crit (30 %) it's +75 damages :roll:

Yosharian

Arcane
At the end Eldritch archer can oversize a bow and add 5d6 sneak dammage on each ray and add 3d6 fire/cold//elec + bane.
It's a very good archer.
But a Slayer archer, with full BAB, can afford to turn on Deadly Aim (and get the feat in the first place) which adds +10 damage per arrow at level 20, always on, no resources needed. And gets all that Sneak Attack damage, always on, no resources needed.

loupgris

Literate
Yes but 5d6 on each ray = 15d6 (x3)
The first ray empowered it's 3x6d6 =18d6 so 18d6+15d6 =33d6 + (5 arrow with 5d6) 25d6 =58d6
The final ray add sneak on divin damage and fire
Don't forget too that sneak attack need two characters on the aim, Eldritch archer can do 33d6 without sneak attack.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yes but 5d6 on each ray = 15d6 (x3)
The first ray empowered it's 3x6d6 =18d6 so 18d6+15d6 =33d6 + (5 arrow with 5d6) 25d6 =58d6
The final ray add sneak on divin damage and fire
Don't forget too that sneak attack need two characters on the aim, Eldritch archer can do 33d6 without sneak attack.
Getting Sneak Attack damage on each ray is a bug, it shouldn't be doing that. Owlcat claimed to have fixed it, but if they haven't, it's still an exploit, not something I particularly want to abuse.

Getting the target to be vulnerable to Sneak Attack damage isn't a problem for me because I have a party set up to automatically inflict Shaken to targets, which exposes them to Sneak Attack via Shatter Defenses even if they're not flanked.

loupgris

Literate
I have played one slayer and 2 Eldritch archer for me they are the best.
Slayer damage are constant, if needed eldritch archer can do more damage on a short time.
Eldritch archer required a lot of micro management and is more for turn base mod.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Haplo could you break down your attack bonuses to get that +47? I built a similar character and its attack bonus is way less than yours so I'm just wondering what's causing the difference

So here's a screenie about how high I can go:
WNaNGos.jpg

The 2x +2 "sword" bonuses are from Furious with Rage spell active and from Bane.
More is possible with a higher level Freebooter. So AB could be ~75 max, I guess. A little more for 1 hit with TrueStrike, but meh.

Also that was a... rather nice round.
How much damage that was? 1190... doesn't happen much. Though damn, Haste was missing. Could have been my record.

If you run out of AP mid-round... it still seems to use Perfect Strike + Critical.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom