Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
(I once surprised people on release with hardcore bear druid with high stun so for 2 days they named bhaalruns "bear bhaal". never I felt so important in my worthless teen life as that moment.)

Teen lives only feel worthless to those who've outgrown them, so well done.

Doesn't sound all that worthless tho, TBH. Excellence is valued and valuable.

Desiderius

Patron

Shadenuat

Arcane
disco elysium writing is good, but I'm not sure I had so much fun later as I have now killing hundreds of cows with poison nova. no wonder people loved this game.

guess I am a casual after all.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Is anybody seriously going to buy a Blizzard product after they sucked the Xi dick?
The best part is that China is about to ban kids from playing video games for more than 1.5 hours a day. Keep on slurping faggots.

Also, wow, what a shitty pair of trailers. Even if you are a morally bankrupt queer of queers hellbent on destroying Western civilization for the low, low price of Blizzard lootbox-ridden games, surely you aren't interested in the unholy (pun intended) abortion those trailers revealed.

kicksin is really, really fun

also highest attacks per second potential in the game, even higher than zealots and frenzy barbs

I preferred claws. The class skills had better synergy, drained less mana, and had better item support. I had a clawdin that could block something like...85% of enemy attacks--legit. Claws blocked weapon attacks and spells, so it was immensely powerful. I had to socket my endgame weapons with the rune which made my claws indestructible, because they lose durability so quickly. It saved my ass plenty of times, which was especially good because it was a hardcore character. It carried me through soloing "Uber diablo" in the Fallen Den. That was a good fight.

Desiderius

Patron
The Role I Played was killing shit until my mouse finger or my mouse gave out, which ever came first.

Felt good, man.

Beat selling cars.

Deleted Member 16721

Sports games have more RPG elements than 90% of the recent games in this section.

So true. But it's more like 100%. They've been that way for a long time. If you like sports and RPGs they are like heaven, you can get very immersed in the details.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Diablo games are still RPGs, something TOW, Witcher 2/3, Oblivion and Skyrim for example are not. There is nothing surprising sport sim games are close to the RPG genre as they share same core gameplay fundamentals like simulating actions based on stats i.e. "roleplaying".

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
D3 has some of the most fun combat I've ever played. It was very fun and satisfying to play in couch co-op.

I don't think that constant watch your skill bars for cooldowns is "fun", D1 and D2 had much better combat IMO.

Deleted Member 16721

D1 combat was very basic, but fun. D2 added more complexity and was also good to me. D3 added exciting twitch skills a bit and was hectic fun to play. I enjoy all 3 but i definitely don't look at D3 as 'pure decline '. It had exciting combat.

Desiderius

Patron
I vaguely recall D3 being ruined by online Auction House? D2 was pure incline.

Naraya

Arcane
Not sure why D2 is supposed to be decline. To me it's the best Diablo game (never played D3 but let's be honest...).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom