Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Hellion

Arcane
To be fair, you must have a certain IQ level in order to appreciate the intricacies and complex motifs of Space Cop. Just like other major intellectual works of our times, like Rick and Morty or Death Stranding.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Watched stramers playing this game, and from what I seen, Kojima managed to improve himself to B movie. No longer D movie, no longer C movie, but B movie. What drags this game down is obsession by US, and brownosing of US. The game would work better when it would be located in random country, in random generated location. And everyone would be happy.

I wonder what's the problem with MONSTER ENERGY DRINK. Basically, it nearly looks like someone bribbed developers to include MONSTER ENERGY DRINK in game. Just to force main character to finish work with MONSTER ENERGY DRINK.

There is of course a possibility that MONSTER ENERGY DRINK bribed Kojima, and the only reason why MONSTER ENERGY DRINK degrades story is money love by Kojima. Considering he got money already, I assume I would play game only for free. (Or I can watch it for free, when I find a non-asshole streamer, which is hard.)

I wonder what's the problem with MONSTER ENERGY DRINK. Basically, it nearly looks like someone bribbed developers to include MONSTER ENERGY DRINK in game. Just to force main character to finish work with MONSTER ENERGY DRINK.

Monster is to Death Stranding what Taco Bell was to Demolition Man (or Pizza Hut if you live in a shithole).

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Watched stramers playing this game, and from what I seen, Kojima managed to improve himself to B movie. No longer D movie, no longer C movie, but B movie. What drags this game down is obsession by US, and brownosing of US. The game would work better when it would be located in random country, in random generated location. And everyone would be happy.

There is of course a possibility that MONSTER ENERGY DRINK bribed Kojima, and the only reason why MONSTER ENERGY DRINK degrades story is money love by Kojima. Considering he got money already, I assume I would play game only for free. (Or I can watch it for free, when I find a non-asshole streamer, which is hard.)

He likely needed money to make the fucking game. Haha. He did start a studio from the ground up.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I’ve been playing this for around seven hours (I killed the “first boss”) and I must say I’m enjoying a lot. The game is a hiking simulator, I’m not calling it in a despective form. Is what it really is. You play as a courier delivering packages around the landscape and you have to face a lot of adversities: your deliveries weight, your stamina, your baby, the landscape’s orography, the wind, the EVs (Ghosts), even the status of your shoes, etc. That’s the game itself, and everything else (combat and stealth against humans) are just complements. As far as I played it worked for me, let’s see if it holds during all the duration of the game. The story is far more understantable than it did in the trailers (The trailers are literally the three first cinematics sequences you see in the game). The music is good, and the visuals are solid. I really like how far you can see the mountains and the stuff.

Give it a chance if you liked kojimbo stuff in the past.

Sentinel

Arcane
I’ve been playing this for around seven hours (I killed the “first boss”) and I must say I’m enjoying a lot. The game is a hiking simulator, I’m not calling it in a despective form. Is what it really is. You play as a courier delivering packages around the landscape and you have to face a lot of adversities: your deliveries weight, your stamina, your baby, the landscape’s orography, the wind, the EVs (Ghosts), even the status of your shoes, etc. That’s the game itself, and everything else (combat and stealth against humans) are just complements. As far as I played it worked for me, let’s see if it holds during all the duration of the game. The story is far more understantable than it did in the trailers (The trailers are literally the three first cinematics sequences you see in the game). The music is good, and the visuals are solid. I really like how far you can see the mountains and the stuff.

Can you turn off the baby crying in the controller's speakers thing? Or have the cries be played in the headphones?

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
From a MC user's review:

The dialogue is just so atrocious. At one point a character explains that "like a broken record" means "imagine the needle on a record player, failing to skip to the next line, so it remains repeating the same piece of music, again and again".

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Does that actually happen? Omfg lol.

Geisler

Educated

18941.jpg

Viata

Arcane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWR2pkfwfuA

#BringMeTheHorizon #Ludens #DeathStranding
Bring Me The Horizon - Ludens (Lyric Video)

How's that sound track sound?

Not trying to defend this shit, but the guys were given less than 1 week to make this song and you have to be honest, not many people can pull a great song so fast. It takes talent for that, something this band really lacks. But yeah, still shit that Kojima decided to go with this band when MGS always had some great song.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

Not trying to defend this shit, but the guys were given less than 1 week to make this song and you have to be honest, not many people can pull a great song so fast. It takes talent for that, something this band really lacks. But yeah, still shit that Kojima decided to go with this band when MGS always had some great song.

bach wrote like 40 minutes of music every week for 30 years

just sayin

Sentinel

Arcane

1 week is pretty long to write a song. You can shit out any garbage in less than 10 minutes. The rest of the week is probably for "retouches" and time spent mixing.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
btw. the broad strokes of the story reminds me of David Brin's novel Postman (much better than the movie adaptation), though I doubt Kojima ever heard about it

- small scale nuclear war, the US fell apart
- single guy traversing the remains of the US and bringing communities together by delivering mail
- pretty good novel actually and the whole arc works quite well

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
Kojima calls Americans too stupid for anything that doesn't involve shooting people. Europeans are his best friends now.
"I have always had an unbridled passion for cinema, I have seen thousands of films that have become part of me, but if I have to find an Italian, I can say that Dario Argento has certainly changed the my life. As a Japanese, it may seem strange, but I have seen tons of Italian films, from Fellini to De Sica to Spaghetti Westerns, as I have read many Italian books that have influenced me, but Dario Argento is the one who most impressed me , I'm a big fan."
"The game has received rave reviews, especially in Europe and Japan. Here in the United States, on the other hand, we have had stronger criticisms. Perhaps it is a difficult game to understand for a certain type of criticism and audience. Americans are great fans of first-person shooters and Death Stranding is not, it flies higher, and Italians and French have a different artistic sensibility that allows them to appreciate this kind of very original products are not in video games but also in cinema"

https://www.tgcom24.mediaset.it/mas...mento-di-riconnetterci_10867138-201902a.shtml

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
People love the game for the wrong reasons (triple A game without MTX, allowing full creative vision!) and they hate it for the wrong reasons too (baah stoopid realism, the moar gamey the betteh).

There's nothing wrong with a game being gamey.

Sure a game can have realism and be grounded. But going full speed ahead into that terrain is only advisable if you're making a simulation not a "game". Simply because videogames have always worked best as an exageration of reality.

So how well realism works, all depends on the kind of experience the devs are after.

Venser

Erudite
Played a little bit last night. The game looks amazing on my 55" 4K screen, definitely the best looking PS4 game I've played. I enjoyed cut scenes, didn't feel like skipping them. Maybe because they're more interesting than just walking around. Hope there's gonna be something more to do later on. The Monster energy drink...ugh, that's the most blatant product placement I've ever seen, even integrated in the gamplay itself. Death Stranding was produced by Sony and Kojima thinks of himself as an artist so I don't get why'd he compromise his game like that. I'm at the beginning and my bullshit meter is already off the charts but I need to understand the story better before I start calling things out. Haven't encounter any social elements yet.

Basically I like the presentation and don't like the gameplay (and something tells me it won't get much better) so whether I like the game is gonna come down to a story, which isn't looking great so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom