Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I'd like Battle Brothers with a King of Dragon Pass meta game. Lead a minor house in the BB setting to hegemony over the other cadet families, then to maybe unite the great houses in a kingdom as the long campaign.

I'm not sure i'd like that if that means conquer all cities but just having the control of a little faction and develop the city or cities, managing the trade and eventually add some missing buildings while having the reins during the eventual war, choosing the goals and missions and eventually a diplomatic way out of it.

I don't think a full conquest would fit that game that much.

Developing the RPG side simultaneously would be great as well, there is room for greatness revolving around their battle system.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
There should be starting scenarios like we have to chose from now, Faction War being one of them, but the adventurer/merc party would be the main scenario. Leading a company of mercs through several generations would be the best.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
That's it, I guess. 400 hrs is enough. The last update broke the best seeds I could find, they're completely different now.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
What is broken about it right now?

Some bugs with the piercing crossbow skill, broken events when you get over 20k gold, people complain about other skills but i didn't experience these bugs or i didn't try the skills.

Also, the randomized skill trees (two witch hunter won't get the same skill tree) sucks and if you disable it, you get vanilla skill trees for everyone ...
This last one killed my interest for the current mod build, there is a bug fix for the 20k gold thing (a file to add in the data folder)

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Legends changes way too much, I'm not surprised they hit some road bumps (and that they're losing interest in the game, thence the mod). All I want are the map sliders. Maybe the unique perks for every background, but I'm ok with everything else about vanilla.

btw do enemies get new perks too or are they just buffed?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
btw do enemies get new perks too or are they just buffed?

They do, i'm not sure about normal/hard difficluty, it felt like it last aborted run on hard mode but i've met some champions for the first time.
There is some new monsters with more perks, that's for sure (a buffed version of the orc warrior, for example, forgot the name).

If you pick the legendary difficulty, almost every monster has some "new" perks.
It changes a lot, try to fight 3 nimble lindwurms ...
A lot of enemies get nimble or battleforged or other perks.
Beginning in legendary mode is hell until you hit level 5 with a decent party, then it's business as usual until you meet the annoying monsters like schrats and lindwurms, or orc champions.

Modron

Arcane
Is that the universe where Diablo stayed a turnbased roguelike, Myst was never made, and Nival got to make Jagged Alliance 3?

Modron

Arcane
It's universe where Troika games were success and ToEE clones is where big money now.
All of Troika games were a success in this universe though, the whole troika went bankrupt is a meme that came out of nowhere wherein reality they dissolved the company because they had no offers to make anything interesting coming in and didn't want to turn into shovelware developers.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Just had my first encounter with 7 Alps after they were updated and i got to say to all you cry babies that complained about fighting the old Alps a big fuck you.
The best strategy so far seems to be fighting with 12 naked men, with no shields and band them together so they can warm each other and keep everyone awake.
I hope you are happy you fucking homos.

Last edited:

It Wanted to Purge

all the new monsters is a huge turndown for me, i want bludgeoning ppl not some weird freak animal from space

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom