Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Pharad

Novice
I spend waaay too much time on World of Warcraft, I don't know why this has such a thing on me

Puukko

Arcane
I spend waaay too much time on World of Warcraft, I don't know why this has such a thing on me
Try being the GM of a mythic raiding guild. I barely play the game outside raiding, it's this whole meta guild management thing for me now.

Got back to KOTOR 2 and I think it's got its hooks on me now. I love the small details like how you can kill 2 guards by a door when it's not mandatory and it keeps track of how many you have killed by the time you threaten the third. Back when I last played this I had made a pretty minmax build and it took me a good moment to figure out what exactly I had planned my build to be since I had forgotten almost everything. I still find it odd I made my PC a bald dude, which I never normally do. Those female character options must have been fugly.

I played a good bunch of STALKER SoC AMK AE but ended up running into the notorious PDA bug where even one more quest corrupts my save and I'd have to run all the way back from the ecologist base to drop quests. I'll probably play Anomaly the next time I feel like STALKing.

I then considered getting back to SS1 EE but some recent-ish update seems to habe broken save file compatibility - the files are there but no matter where I place them, the game doesn't detect them. So I'd probably have to downgrade the game.

mastroego

Arcane
Guys, I'm in a mood for a popamole to play with little effort.
I've uninstalled everything from my Steam Library except boardgame ports.

Pleaze suggest something.
Something to play straight but decently made, like a Tomb Rider or Alien Isolation...? (<- I have these 2, to be clearer)

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Something to play straight but decently made, like a Tomb Rider or Alien Isolation...? (<- I have these 2, to be clearer)
Vanquish or Binary Domain.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Realms of Arkania HD

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Dicking around with Metro 2033 Redux and finally giving the Legend of Heroes franchise a spin with Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch. Thankfully I was made aware the Gagharv trilogy was apparently released in the wrong order when it came to Namco Bandai's turn to publish them in English. Promising. So, this should take couple of months if I'm lucky.

mastroego

Arcane
Thanks guys for the tips.
That Gunslinger thing looks fun. I'll probably try it.

I've also noticed the Assassin Creed series is on Steam too. What kind of popamole is that? Decent or edgy stuff for teens?

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Thanks guys for the tips.
That Gunslinger thing looks fun. I'll probably try it.

I've also noticed the Assassin Creed series is on Steam too. What kind of popamole is that? Decent or edgy stuff for teens?

Depends on the which AC you are talking about,i have played 2,4 and Unity and I liked 2 and 4 although I am not sure how well 2 has aged

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I just saw a speedrun and that's the impression I got. I wouldn't tell the difference with a regular action game like Prey, other than stat usage.

Prey is much better than ToW.

In fact Prey with some more polish could have been a classic (or become one).

ToW is bottom of the barrel garbage.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Hey, Nietsche is my favourite philosopher, after Hegl and Schopenhaur.

This is the standard hipster answer.

Edit: Ask any retarded-drunken-marxist-piece-of-shit-edgy-soon-to-be-adult about his favorite philosophers and you will get the same answers: Nietzsche, Schopenhauer and lately Zizek.

I'm not even trying to be edgy about this. Every hipster loves Nietzsche. Nobody knows what is good about him but they certainly heard about him at some point in the past.

Last edited:

Mojobeard

Augur
Deep Rock Galactic. My favorite co-op shooter released in a while, EDF 4.1 being a close second.
Dwarfs in space, shooting bugs, mining minerals. Classic FPS controls with Minecraft-style mining/environmental destruction (it's not blocks). Mission-based randomly generated caverns, 1-4 players. Would heartily recommend.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
On my third attempt to finish Pillars of Eternity 1 (with White March). I somehow got past Definace Bay but the game is boring af.:(

If you are high enough level go and do the white march dlcs,they are better than the main game and will give you the will to go on.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Reading some sci-fi, and now I'm in the mood to play EVE Online. I jumped back on my old character and enjoyed just flying around and enjoying the universe.

Puukko

Arcane
Quite captivated by KOTOR 2. I realized knowing some story details beforehand gave me motivation to begin investing in my party. I intend on going proper evil dark side with whatever characters I care about turned as well (not looking at you, Bao-Dur). I've got the cut content restoration mod, a mod to add late game force abilities and mods for smarter AI and increased difficulty. So far, turning it to the highest difficulty it provides (outside the 'hardcore' variant of the mod) only just seems to provide an okay challenge, enough so that I need to properly prepare for bigger ambushes, but I'll keep playing before I make the judgement whether to try bumping it up further.

Jinn

Arcane
a mod to add late game force abilities and mods for smarter AI and increased difficulty

May I ask for the links to these? KOTOR 2's extreme lack of challenge has always kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Puukko

Arcane

Prime Junta

So far, turning it to the highest difficulty it provides (outside the 'hardcore' variant of the mod) only just seems to provide an okay challenge, enough so that I need to properly prepare for bigger ambushes, but I'll keep playing before I make the judgement whether to try bumping it up further.

Playing KOTOR2 for the challenge is like reading Penthouse for the articles.

Straight elf

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
On my third attempt to finish Pillars of Eternity 1 (with White March). I somehow got past Definace Bay but the game is boring af.:(

If you are high enough level go and do the white march dlcs,they are better than the main game and will give you the will to go on.

Ok, tried to go there but immediately got into a battle with like 100 ogres and decided to level up once more before heading there. Thing is, I don't understand why the game is not fun for me. I am ok with RTwP combat, enjoyed both Buldur's Gates thoroughly. The environments are just beautiful. The difficulty is just right for me - on hard I have to be a bit careful what I am doing but most of the time it's not too hard to get past fights. I have not noticed any bugs. I am interested enough in the story to want to how it develops (something that ruined both Divinity: Original Sin games for me; just couldn't force myself to give a slightest fuck about anything any of the characters told me). Yet I end up starting the game, playing for an hour or two and just quitting because I am bored to death. I have also started playing Crossroad Inn recently, which is a barely playable bugged mess - and also a great fun that keeps me entertained for hours.

Comte

Dude its so fucking bad. I am also on my current third attempt. I think I am going to uninstall it tonight and never look back. Its the most stuffy boring rpg I have ever played. Also my last attempt made me quit rpg's for a year.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

Dude its so fucking bad. I am also on my current third attempt. I think I am going to uninstall it tonight and never look back. Its the most stuffy boring rpg I have ever played. Also my last attempt made me quit rpg's for a year.

I've read the sequel is better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom