Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Spire of Sorcery - turn-based RPG where you play a party of runaway mages - abandoned in Early Access

ntonystinson

Scholar
Came across this recently, looks really brilliant. I love games like this that actually try to do something different not just another run of the mill RPG.
It does remind me of another Indie RPG though: Archmage Rises. Similar concepts, Both very ambitious games though this seems further along than Archmage Rises

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Thet said that some of their colleagues released their own early access game and were review bombed "Because there were no tutorial", so they decided to strap some tutorial to the game, rather than release it in present state. Yet they were astonished how people in early access who enlisted t test the game could complain and give negative ratings because tutorial was absent.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Why do they need so much language options for an Indie game

From their previous game Gremlins, Inc.: https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Ser...8879/2_Years_of_Gremlins_Inc_demographics.php

G_blog_06.gif

SUMMARY
  • If you're going to localize your game into any language other than English, go for Simplified Chinese;
  • If you have budget for more language, consider that Japanese brought us as many sales as Germany and France combined – at the same time, the Japanese currency is stable, and games prices are comparable to EU/US;
  • The fact that users don't complain about the lack of a particular language, does not necessarily mean that this language is not in demand; as we discovered with Korean, we missed the opportunity to increase our audience there by ignoring that language at launch – but now that we have Korean store page and in-game language, we are getting positive comments from that region;
  • Localizations into Brazilian-Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Polish and Czech did not work out for us because of the small share of sales into these regions; it still may work for you if you have a bigger product; our sales are around 150K copies at the moment; if they were 1 million, then all these localizations would pay for themselves, making them worthwhile;
  • Bear in mind that localization into Ukrainian makes sense for less than 1/2 of Ukraine's customer base; perhaps this will change with the new generation, but it's not there at this time; we have 2 Ukraine-born developers in our team; one plays games in English, another – in Russian; perhaps for Ukrainian teams, supporting Ukrainian language makes sense as it's free and easy to support, but I cannot recommend this language as a tool to boost sales otherwise;
In the end, our choice of languages to support with our next game, Spire of Sorcery, is as follows:
  1. English
  2. Simplified Chinese
  3. Russian
  4. Japanese
  5. French
  6. Korean
  7. German

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Asians seem to like the concept. And again, I think that is because this game is a magnificent foundation for future non-RPG Maker hentai games.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Regional prices:

• [*] EU: €20.00
    [*] UK: £17.50
    [*] Poland: zł60.00
    [*]Switzerland: CHF20.00
    [*] Norway: kr200.00

[*] USA: $20.00
    [*] Canada: CDN$30.00

[*] Japan: ¥2,000
    [*] China: ¥80
    [*] Korea: ₩25,000
    [*] Hong Kong: HK$100.00
    [*] Singapore: S$30.00
    [*] Taiwan: NT$380

[*] Australia: A$30.00
    [*] New Zealand: NZ$30.00

[*] Russia: 500 pуб.
    [*] Ukraine: ₴200
    [*] Belarus/CIS: $10.00
    [*] Kazakhstan: ₸3,000
    [*] Turkey: TL50.00

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Limited early access is coming November 14th:

As I understand this will be only available to a few hundreds of players. They say general early access will be coming January.

Apparently they are doing this because (a) they'd like to additional budget to keep developing the game for a couple of months more before the general access, (b) they wanted tighter discussion with limited players before that.

tripedal

Savant
“We expect that Spire of Sorcery will remain in Early Access at least until late 2020, and maybe longer if we decide to pursue certain features that take significant time to build.”

jeez

RegionalHobo

Scholar
what do you know, codex knows about eador genesis.

that was a really underrated game, unless it really shits the bed i'll buy this one for sure

best of the luck for the dev, if anything i respect the fact that he has both a great mind and balls to put his vision into practice

if he needs more time so be it

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's happened again! The word "RPG" has been removed from the game's description on Steam and Twitter. It's now a "strategy survival game".

Mortmal

Arcane
RPG nowadays in mainstream means a third person shooter with stats, cant blame them to remove the tag.

thesecret1

Arcane
It's happened again! The word "RPG" has been removed from the game's description on Steam and Twitter. It's now a "strategy survival game".
An interesting answer to the "What is an RPG?" question. Don't agree with it, personally, but it's nice to see someone fight for what he believes in like that.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Good on him. I have nothing against this game and it's certainly incline looking, but it does look more like a strategy game as Eador Genesis was that is not an RPG and only has some elements of RPGs.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
They never called the game "RPG".

They called it "mix of strategy and RPG". And if you read the game description, it should be pretty obvious what is the main genre here.

ntonystinson

Scholar
Limited early access is coming November 14th:

As I understand this will be only available to a few hundreds of players. They say general early access will be coming January.

Apparently they are doing this because (a) they'd like to additional budget to keep developing the game for a couple of months more before the general access, (b) they wanted tighter discussion with limited players before that.

40 streams really isn't a lot...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That video was pretty retarded. LoL he got in a storm and died because he got 20 injuries...
:hmmm:
This R&G doesn't look like fun,it is not a game about skills but about die throwing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom