Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Black

Arcane
1573310074109.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
From a MC user's review:

The dialogue is just so atrocious. At one point a character explains that "like a broken record" means "imagine the needle on a record player, failing to skip to the next line, so it remains repeating the same piece of music, again and again".

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Does that actually happen? Omfg lol.

zoomers never seen a record player most likely

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Here's my first 5 hours review...

Hour 1: install game , download and install patch.

Hours 2 to 5: Watch cut scenes, with brief minutes of "gameplay" (walking) in between. I mean like maybe, MAYBE, a 1/2 hour of "gameplay" (walking)

Not even excited to continue "playing" right now. Gonna take my old man nap and try some more later today.

So far...

:0/5:

Zep--

Egosphere

Arcane
Here's my first 5 hours review...

Hour 1: install game , download and install patch.

Hours 2 to 5: Watch cut scenes, with brief minutes of "gameplay" (walking) in between. I mean like maybe, MAYBE, a 1/2 hour of "gameplay" (walking)

Not even excited to continue "playing" right now. Gonna take my old man nap and try some more later today.

So far...

:0/5:

Zep--

I think you can watch that 9 hour cutscene video posted on here at x2 speed and not really miss out on much

Mojobeard

Augur
So it really is a 60€ Metal Gear Survive with less shooting and more cutscenes, no big twist? Jesus Christ, Kojimbo.
uHJJ5J4.gif

Viata

Arcane
btw. the broad strokes of the story reminds me of David Brin's novel Postman (much better than the movie adaptation), though I doubt Kojima ever heard about it

- small scale nuclear war, the US fell apart
- single guy traversing the remains of the US and bringing communities together by delivering mail
- pretty good novel actually and the whole arc works quite well
It also had weird sci fi stuffs in it.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The tricycle physics are broken on purpose.

Kojima wants players to build roads and bridges.

The end justifies the means.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
So it really is a 60€ Metal Gear Survive with less shooting and more cutscenes, no big twist? Jesus Christ, Kojimbo.
uHJJ5J4.gif

Now that you mention it, some ideas from DS are present in MGSurive.
This most likely means that Kojimbo did the first works on DS while he was still at Konami.

btw. the broad strokes of the story reminds me of David Brin's novel Postman (much better than the movie adaptation), though I doubt Kojima ever heard about it

- small scale nuclear war, the US fell apart
- single guy traversing the remains of the US and bringing communities together by delivering mail
- pretty good novel actually and the whole arc works quite well

I'd be very surprised if he hadn't seen the movie.

uHJJ5J4.gif

Now that you mention it, some ideas from DS are present in MGSurive.
This most likely means that Kojimbo did the first works on DS while he was still at Konami.

I want to say there's some interview were it sounds like this was something he was kicking around while still there.

This definitely seems to be something the Metal Gear Survive team was aware of.

- They both have crystals you gather
- They both have monsters roaming desolate wasteland - Surivive has weird crystal head zombies, this has Silent Hill 4 ghost
- The both have some kind of giant monster
- They both have building elements
- Both have the main character whisked away Wizard of Oz style to some other place

I wonder if at one point this also had more survival game elements and combat related stuff. I haven't played the game yet, but the first trailer for Death Stranding in some bombed out European town with modern tanks that have organ spilling out seems to be an idea that was dropped outside of some trenches.

Last edited:

CyberModuled

Savant
I haven't played the game yet, but the first trailer for Death Stranding in some bombed out European town with modern tanks that have organ spilling out seems to be an idea that was dropped outside of some trenches.
That part is still in the game but similar to the WW1 section shown off in the release trailer it's just a fairly linear mission where you're teleported there for a short boss with Mads.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why has this society invented timefall-proof clothing for the people that go outside, but not a fucking timefall-proof TARP to cover packages while delivering?

Dumb.

They can't even figure out umbrellas. They're all kinds of fucked up.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
They invented a method to restore the packages status tho. Probably the suit’s material is considered too expensive or valuable to be spent into the packages themselves.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Everyone I know that bought the game and are currently playing it is having a hard to explaining to me if they like it. When I ask they say it's so awesome, it's a Kojima game. But I can clearly see that they regret their purchase. When you have to use "It's a Kojima game and it's different and it's.....pretty.....uh...awesome. It's a Kojima game". then you know it's a piece of shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom