Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Child of Malkav

Erudite
After finishing the sneak/hacking/lock picking/persuasion/lying playthrough, I have to say it's by far the most enjoyable one. No kills, no detection, abusing TTD for sneaking past difficult mobs, really cool. And talking to Sophia, you need to pass a 100 persuasion check, then a 100 lie and then a 100 intimidate, but I didn't have the last one at 100 but there was another option as alternative to the intimidate one and that was 100 lie and 80 hacking and you can say that you hacked the prison's defenses and she freaks out, leaving.

About Ellie, she sucks and her quest sucks. You go to her parents only for her to boast about how she's a pirate and did this and that, like wtf. After you leave the house, she wants to give you a "medical advice". I'm like "What?" Medical advice? As a doctor all she wanted throughout the entire game was to blow shit up and kill people and brag about it. I think I'm fine without her......insight.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
TOW was so mediocre to me, I actually started a New Vegas playthrough with tons of mods... AND I FUCKING H-A-T-E modding.

Anybody else did that, too?

Anyway I'm looking for a good enb mod if u guys know any - hit me up! ;-Y

razvedchiki

Erudite
my take on new vegas mods/gameplay is this

- saywer mod,the initial one as the ultimate makes changes that doesnt even document anywhere.
- cirosans classic overhaul minus the armor module,last time it didnt play along with the saywer changes to damage reduction.
then i slap on every grafic mod i find nice.

Stokowski

Arcane
3 red triangles appear on my cheater compass. Duck down in the long grass and inch forward in their general direction. No sign of enemies so scoot across to cover behind a group of boulders. Slowly slide out from boulders.

Triangles fly off the side of the compass. WTF!?

Duck back behind boulders. Triangles re-center. WTF x2 !?

Boulders turn out to be sleeping primals.

God-damn these graphics are fucking awful.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
The most important video on Outer Worlds:

Very idiotic video, yeah Obsidian goes above and beyond to show all the secrets in our faces but how the fuck Phineas NOT saying "corporations are bad" fixes the whole game? Even if I was going in blind I'd just assume corpos are bad, its purposefully obvious at every turn.

Very idiotic video, yeah Obsidian goes above and beyond to show all the secrets in our faces but how the fuck Phineas NOT saying "corporations are bad" fixes the whole game? Even if I was going in blind I'd just assume corpos are bad, its purposefully obvious at every turn.

are you just assuming their alignment?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

Eh.. The corporations are the bad guys obviously but then you've questionable moraly people leaders in the ''Anti-corp'' side.
It's more a question of who you think sides is less fucked up and would actually benefit more the citzen of this collony more than you want to take down the bad guys or the good guys.
The corporations are bad but they're actually worse than actual ''good'' guys ?

The old nature lady that would probably bring prosperity but kick out anyone who doesn't agree with her view of world and care more her personal vendetta over people vs the corporation guy that while isn't exctally competent and supports the corporation, but it's wiling adimit that's wrong and try to fix his mistakes if that means saving his town..

Thug lady that think killing people is actually freeing them from the corporation bullshit vs the scienstist that's selfish bitch and made questionable experiementes but still care about even if a little about their co-workers and have grief over his experiements once you reveal him the truth.. Anyway, i need to play to reach monarch , but i too busy with Digimon Cyber Sleuth. That game is good way better than Deadfire.

Edit: A comment in the video get my point across : ''Gonna disagree here. The world building feels like how okay are you maintaining the status quo vs breaking it up (usually) violently''

Trashos

Arcane
A comment in the video get my point across : ''Gonna disagree here. The world building feels like how okay are you maintaining the status quo vs breaking it up (usually) violently''

In order to pull that off, you need both sides to be grey. Are the corporations portrayed as grey?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Are the corporations portrayed as grey?
Corporations - no, but people working for them - yes.

Edit:
Playing this game made me appreciate Age of Decadence writing more than ever. When you compare persuasion/intimidate/body count/streetwise/lie, etc. checks it's night and day, in AoD they actually seem convincing, in TOW most of the time even a kid wouldn't be convinced by the presented response, e.g. :
Xlp6OeV.jpg
Still, I rate this game 7/10 (even despite huge amounts of SJWism) and for me it's GOTY (which wasn't that hard, nothing of note came out).

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Good to see more and more videos coming up against the praise this game received.

I'd reopen the labor camps on the Danube - Black Sea Canal solely for Vee.

He really is overreacting game is fun you can meet character named Cleave and kill one of those strong independent wombyn Nue Obsidian put in charge in one of towns for him Comrade he even hook your ship with tones of meat if you do so. :incline:
You can kill all those chaos cultists, deviants and profligates using your Giant Hammer of Doom and wearing :obviously: Top Hat in the name the LAW +M Game is pure :incline:

Vatnik Wumao
Good to see more and more videos coming up against the praise this game received.

I'd reopen the labor camps on the Danube - Black Sea Canal solely for Vee.

He really is overreacting game is fun you can meet character named Cleave and kill one of those strong independent wombyn Nue Obsidian put in charge in one of towns for him Comrade he even hook your ship with tones of meat if you do so. :incline:
You can kill all those chaos cultists, deviants and profligates using your Giant Hammer of Doom and wearing :obviously: Top Hat in the name the LAW +M Game is pure :incline:

You might be a great comrade, but we'll have to disagree on this matter.
In a comradely fashion, of course.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom