Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two Worlds II DLC - now with multiplayer and microtransactions!

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
is this even still making money i really dont understand their business idea
They probably got some funding for a new game based on TW2 doing ok and someone being convinced that other big RPGs are so profitable, TW just needs a chance to grow. So they are working on TW3, and as they improve their engine and develop new art assets and build the team for the new game, they can siphon bits of work into a side project that makes a thrown together expansion for their existing game. That way they get some sales from fans of TW2 who wanted more, and they build some brand awareness for when TW3 comes along.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Wow, I am impressed that they are still kicking. Godspeed, you crazy Polish bastards.
I wonder how many employees they have and how they are still being paid, unless they found an investor their only income is passive sales from already released products.

Wasn't TW3 supposed to release this year? They should get to it, they did release the worst game of 2015 and I'm sure many of us can't wait to get our hands on the worst game of 2023.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Wasn't TW3 supposed to release this year? They should get to it, they did release the worst game of 2015 and I'm sure many of us can't wait to get our hands on the worst game of 2023.

Well...: https://wccftech.com/two-worlds-iii-still-preproduction/

Two Worlds III Still in Pre-Production, Won’t Release for Another Four to Five Years
Dec 21, 2018

Two Worlds III, the third chapter in the action roleplaying game fantasy saga developed by Reality Pump and published by TopWare Interactive, was announced to be in development back in March 2016.

The game was said to be ‘scheduled for development over the next 36 months’. Given that this timeline would expire on March 2019, in just a few months from now, we contacted TopWare to get an update on the project status. We expected there would be a delay since there has been no further news shared with the public.

As it turns out, you might want to get very comfortable if you’ve been waiting to hear any concrete details. According to the company representative who replied, Two Worlds III is still in the pre-production phase and won’t release for another four to five years, in all likelihood.

In fact, the development team is now focused on completing the last single-player DLC for Two Worlds II, titled Shattered Embrace. No information has been provided on this expansion so far, though the official website has it listed as ‘coming soon’.

Given that we are now almost at the end of 2018, fans of the franchise might have to wait until 2022 or even 2023 to play the third installment. Meanwhile, Two Worlds II and its many expansions and DLCs are heavily discounted in Steam’s Winter 2018 Sale, so there is that at least.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The moral here being develop a game in an economically stinted country which sells a bit, and then you'll have money forever, yaaay.

Deleted Member 16721

Hoping TW3 goes back to the TW1 roots and is more open than TW2. TW2 was kind of boring honestly, but TW1 had its charms. I'd like to see another huge open-world like TW1.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

After more than 2 years after the release of Call of the Tenebrae, the second additional singleplayer DLC Shattered Embrace is coming December 6th.

Standalone version:

DLC version: https://store.steampowered.com/app/456221/Two_Worlds_II__Shattered_Embrace/

Picking up immediately after the events of "Call of the Tenebrae", you and your companions are stunned when the mythical, long lost Elves suddenly resurface on a remote island! But surprise quickly turns to alarm as the Elves reemergence brings a secret from the past with sinister echoes of the Tenebrae Order’s ancient evil! Now, with evil bearing down on the land and the unity of the races broken, the Shattered Embrace may spell doom for all of Antaloor!

With Dar Pha’s troubled mind assaulted by buried memories of her Elven heritage and an elite strike force of Adramelech’s zealots bearing down on you, you and your friends race to the Elven kingdom of Shadinar, only to find that the truce between Elves, Humans and Orcs has been shattered. In the kingdom of the Elves, seeds of distrust and prejudice planted long ago have borne bitter fruit and evil now wears many unexpected faces…

Explore the Elven kingdom of Shadinar on a vast, tropical island, where sunny, seemingly tranquil beaches are guarded by advanced machines and Elven magic. Pair with the Captain of the Royal guard and play detective in the biggest settlement in Two Worlds history as you investigate a dark plot and a brutal murder that threatens both the Kingdom and the royal family! Travel to lush forests and the steppes to hunt wild beasts outside the city walls for sport and ingredients, but don’t forget to equip yourself for your adventures and pick up side-quests in the bustling merchant port-town of Freehaven. Then, prepare yourself to enter a forbidden dimension, where a blood-red sun casts its sickly light on Hell itself and an ancient, slumbering god begins to stir!

Major Engine Update
The all new HD engine upgrade features a HD GUI interface and displays the beauty of Antaloor and its people like never before! Explore stunning new locations and battle new, incredibly detailed enemies with beautiful cutting edge effects!

Engine Update Features
  • A completely overhauled graphic experience, from top to bottom
  • Higher view range and more landscape details make for an amazing visual experience
  • Improved light & shadow system
  • Detailed, high resolution models and crisp textures
  • Beautifully rendered effects with an atmospheric weather system
  • Achievements included for TWII Main Game, PotFF, COT and SE
  • Breathtaking vistas, haunted shipwrecks and lush forests rendered in stunning HD
  • Never before seen areas of Antaloor teem with realistic life, both friendly and deadly
  • Upgraded particle and motion effects
  • GUI Interface in HD resolution
FEATURES
  • Hours of thrilling gameplay: Set in an-all new region of Antaloor, Shattered Embrace offers a deep campaign with a wide variety of side quests and missions to undertake.
  • New Weapons & Armor: More than 100 new weapons await your hand, from swords and bows to staves and daggers! Choose between 15 new armor sets (over 75 pieces) to protect you from your enemies, whether you’re a wizard or a knight!
  • Travel to New Lands… Explore Shadinar, the biggest city in Two Worlds history with four unique, expansive districts and the Elves’ never-before-seen Tropical Island
  • …and New Dimensions: For the first time ever, travel to alternate dimensions in the Two Worlds universe, including the Infernal Dimension of Hell!
  • A Cast of Characters Like No Other: Old friends return and new allies cleave to your side as you fight against sentient machines, bloodthirsty beasts, demons from hell and renegade deities from centuries past..
  • Brand New Guilds: Join one of the brand new guilds and prove yourself worthy! Advance through the ranks to get your hands on unique equipment and weapons.
  • Become the Ultimate Alchemist: New alchemy ingredients allow you to create even more powerful elixirs that can enhance your abilities and fighting prowess like never before
  • Great Weather and Magic Effects: New special effects and new weather systems and elements await you, both on the island and beyond.
  • Over 75 Minutes Of Brand New Music: A new soundtrack propels you along every step of your journey, from the paradise of a tropical beach to the fiery, blood red skies of the Inferno Realm.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
This feel super obsessive, as if someone is trying to crank out as much as possible to prove to himself that eventually something good will come out. Suuuper weird.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You know what? I might be stupid enough to play this at some point. Two Worlds II was a guilty pleasure of mine.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I got a soft spot for these devs. Didn't CD Projekt take like 3/4 of their employees.

78nMcAu.jpg

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I like them. Dlcs for Two Worlds 2 so far were superior to the main game and I am looking forward to this one.

Sure, their games have issues, bit they also have a lot of soul.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
FEATURES
  • Hours of thrilling gameplay: I say thrilling but what I really mean is, remember Two Worlds 2 from 2007 or something? Well it is that same mediocre experience all over again.
  • New Weapons & Armor: You can haz wepins n shit.
  • Travel to New Lands… Explore Marklar, the biggest city in Marklar.
  • …and New Dimensions: For the first time ever, travel to the Infernal Dimension of Hell! We heard you guys loved Oblivion so we added this especially for you.
  • A Cast of Characters Like No Other: Old friends return! Remember that quest guy? And that other quest guy? They are back!
  • Brand New Guilds: Get moar wepinz n shit.
  • Become the Ultimate Alchemist: Collect plants n make poshinz n shit. Best gameplay evers.
  • Great Weather and Magic Effects: We haz rain and stuff, like games have had since 1998.
  • Over 75 Minutes Of Brand New Music: Brand new musics to pretend like this is a whole new experience.

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter
i understand they want money... but who don't ask a refound after 5 minutes?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played through TW2 Call of Tenebrae today.

If you've never played any of Two Worlds games you definitely need to start with the first one. It still remains to be the best in the series and the only one that is a good game. Two Worlds II and add-ons are just average, including this one.

The island in this expansion has an eerie and gloomy atmosphere, quite pleasant if you enjoy grim aura. As a fan of Lovecraft I liked the fact that there is a friendly village of fish-like humanoids worshipping Cthulhu, and who give you a quest to fight another group and eventually Dagon. That's the gist of atmosphere of this expansion. Furthermore, the story in Call of Tenebrae is not overly complex, but still it's way more than I expected. Quests related to the main story are alright, but side ones are just boring fetch quests. Dialogues are fairly boring as well, I often just skipped some parts as they were too dull. The gameplay is mediocre, same as TW2. Unfortunately a large amount of combat encounters ruins it a bit, there should be significantly less of it since it's not good and fighting frustrates in the end. In addition, there are many cutscenes without audio and some dialogues were not recorded.

Overall, it's a very mediocre and short expansion. Decent atmosphere and story is shrouded by subpar dialogues, combat and straight-forward quests. Would I recommend it? If you never played the series, then play the first Two Worlds, don't even consider starting with this expansion. However, if you have, and were not overly bored with TW2 and are alright with more of it, then Call of the Tenebrae is a decent expansion to go through in 4-5 hours, but only for a cheap price.

Mediocre/10. If you need junky RPG fix and already finished all good games in the genre, then go for it, but only for cheap. Otherwise not worth the bother.

PS.
[Enter]
Engine.Hdr 0

^ Disables annoying blur and other filters that make the game look ungraciously. After this everything should be clear.

Last edited:

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Played Two Worlds II. Thought it was ok, and as someone described: competent. However, just not that memorable. Think some of the minigames were fun, horseback riding was well done. I don't remember the ending and I played it maybe 2 years ago. Worth the $2 I paid for it? Yes, as it was pretty stable and there were some challenging fights. The ladies in the game looked fetching. Better than Gothic 3, not as good as ... hell, lots of other games. Just needed some oomph, which it was lacking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom