Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Boston studio's office manager has left: https://www.linkedin.com/in/skye-poole/

Manager of People and Operations

Company Name OtherSide Entertainment
Dates Employed Mar 2019 – Oct 2019
Employment Duration 8 mos
Location Greater Boston Area

-Manage all HR administrative processes such as new hire documentation, benefits enrollment, payroll, compliance processes, 401K education and enrollment
- Create meaningful on-boarding experiences working closely with executive team members to ensure new hires are immediately set up for success and to increase employee retention rates
- Organize large scale company meetings, team events, and coordinate all event logistics, to provide transparent communication that continues to foster a strong company culture
- Working with members of the executive team as well as cross-functional stakeholders to develop a unique employee experience that represents OtherSide Entertainment’s core values and promotes employee growth and development

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
Boston studio's office manager has left: https://www.linkedin.com/in/skye-poole/

I stand by my prediction that the Boston office is unsustainable and will be closed, probably by year-end.

I predict: After the console version (contractual obligation for 505) is out, OS Boston is going to be closed as a cost-cutting measure and the UA and SS3 teams are going to be merged.

Also there is no "unannounced project" anyone is seriously working on. It's BS to give the impression to publishers this is a studio that has a future.

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee
LOL, that made me laugh, that Sandro troll/shill had me kicked off their forums, little does he know it but he did me a favour, it was like banging my head against a brick wall there when I found out they had changed what the game was set out to be in the beginning.

Oh, and that Flug guy, clearly on pot most of the time, one day he would be in praise of the game (even though he had never played it or intended to) then next day be critical of it, a real mixed up dope head if I ever saw one.

I'm glad its all over and most of us were proven right about this sham of a game, and you know what Efe if you are listening, hope SS3 crashes and burns too, because they are sure to fuck this up as well, would be better if these guys were not allowed to touch such classic franchises, Ultima Underworld and SS1 and 2 (to a lesser extent) were some of the best games ever made, it should be a criminal offence for retards like Otherside to butcher their memory with the buggy, shallow crap they produce.

LOL, that made me laugh, that Sandro troll/shill had me kicked off their forums

starship-troopers-1997-movie-01.png

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Sam's farewell: https://forums.otherside-e.com/t/leaving-ose-ks-update/10241

Leaving OSE & KS Update

Hi everyone,

A little over 2 years ago, I joined you as OtherSide Entertainment’s Community Manager, as my first job in the game dev industry. Over the last few years, I’ve had the incredible opportunity to work alongside the Boston team and many of you for Underworld Ascendant, and recently assisted with System Shock 3. Today is my last day at OtherSide.

I have accepted another offer at another company, which I can share more news about on my personal channels in the next few days. If we’ve communicated privately over the last couple of years, or you just want to see what I’m up to, feel free to reach out to me here!

I’ve left the team with a final checklist of Kickstarter goods for UA, and we should be in good shape for continuing relations for SS3. I’ll still be here on occasion on the forums and Discord, just not in an official employee capacity. :)

To double this as a weekly update, Will has been back on track from his illness and has been working again on the Xbox patch to match the PS4 and Update 4.3 versions on PC/Mac/Linux. OSE will push an update on the Xbox store with patch notes when that is live.

For Kickstarter physical goods , we’ve sent everything over to Fangamer and are confirming the final manufacturing (game boxes, media, etc.) and shipping timing with them. If you need to update your shipping address, please email support@otherside-e.com with your Underworld Ascendant backer # (available on your Kickstarter account) and what you would like your new address to be. This is VERY important, since once we submit our final addresses to Fangamer, you will need to contact Fangamer to have it changed, if it’s not too late.

For backers looking for non-Steam DRM-free version , we are still working on an itch.io page where you can redeem your key and rewards without using Steam. OSE will share a larger update on this when that page is up and running.

And that’s it! For the forseeable future, I leave you in the rest of the teams’ capable hands.

All the Best,
Sam

On Disco, she said she got a job at Maryland. (I can only think of Bethesda/Zenimax. If so I hope she'd not in the position to deal with the disaster that is FO 76.)

Codex Year of the Donut
Sam's farewell: https://forums.otherside-e.com/t/leaving-ose-ks-update/10241

Leaving OSE & KS Update

Hi everyone,

A little over 2 years ago, I joined you as OtherSide Entertainment’s Community Manager, as my first job in the game dev industry. Over the last few years, I’ve had the incredible opportunity to work alongside the Boston team and many of you for Underworld Ascendant, and recently assisted with System Shock 3. Today is my last day at OtherSide.

I have accepted another offer at another company, which I can share more news about on my personal channels in the next few days. If we’ve communicated privately over the last couple of years, or you just want to see what I’m up to, feel free to reach out to me here!

I’ve left the team with a final checklist of Kickstarter goods for UA, and we should be in good shape for continuing relations for SS3. I’ll still be here on occasion on the forums and Discord, just not in an official employee capacity. :)

To double this as a weekly update, Will has been back on track from his illness and has been working again on the Xbox patch to match the PS4 and Update 4.3 versions on PC/Mac/Linux. OSE will push an update on the Xbox store with patch notes when that is live.

For Kickstarter physical goods , we’ve sent everything over to Fangamer and are confirming the final manufacturing (game boxes, media, etc.) and shipping timing with them. If you need to update your shipping address, please email support@otherside-e.com with your Underworld Ascendant backer # (available on your Kickstarter account) and what you would like your new address to be. This is VERY important, since once we submit our final addresses to Fangamer, you will need to contact Fangamer to have it changed, if it’s not too late.

For backers looking for non-Steam DRM-free version , we are still working on an itch.io page where you can redeem your key and rewards without using Steam. OSE will share a larger update on this when that page is up and running.

And that’s it! For the forseeable future, I leave you in the rest of the teams’ capable hands.

All the Best,
Sam

On Disco, she said she got a job at Maryland. (I can only think of Bethesda/Zenimax. If so I hope she'd not in the position to deal with the disaster that is FO 76.)
They lost the one person who actually seemed to be doing their job

Hines

Savant
Can't blame her for leaving as that must have been a depressing job. I would be shocked if it offered an honest look at the egos involved and the terrible decisions that were made, like that Troy Duffy documentary Overnight. It's more than likely, however, to offer commentary by Spector saying Otherside raised the bar with Ascendant.

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee

Nyast

Cipher
The only thing I'm looking forward to is the making-of documentary video, because I have a feeling that's gonna be hilarious.

Sinatar

Arbiter
The only thing I'm looking forward to is the making-of documentary video, because I have a feeling that's gonna be hilarious.

It'll be a 10 minute long puff piece.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom