Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Shenmue 3

Solid Snail

Learned

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I trust you fine Codexers will notify me when I can get my opportunity to take my money out of Epic's pocket
https://fulfillment.fangamer.com/kindling/shenmue3/survey_support

You can now ask for your money back. and I suggest you to do so because now apparently it's not even sure you'll get a Steam key one year later.

It's not giving me any option to refund. Just to select Epic or Ps4 digital version. Not interested in a steam key at this point, I want these assholes to pay for their bullshit. Any ideas?

Deleted member 7219

Submitted my refund request. Now we’ll see how long it takes to come through.

Solid Snail

Learned
I trust you fine Codexers will notify me when I can get my opportunity to take my money out of Epic's pocket
https://fulfillment.fangamer.com/kindling/shenmue3/survey_support

You can now ask for your money back. and I suggest you to do so because now apparently it's not even sure you'll get a Steam key one year later.

It's not giving me any option to refund. Just to select Epic or Ps4 digital version. Not interested in a steam key at this point, I want these assholes to pay for their bullshit. Any ideas?
No but I read several people have this problem as well.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I sent an e-mail to them asking for a refund and asking why the option wasn't on my survey. It worked for someone else in the kickstarter comments. I want my 29.99 away from Epic. Will keep you posted!

Misco Jones

Savant

Misco Jones

Savant
T18oreo.jpg

xcpAakV.jpg

q4fkbdH.jpg

Mu24lTV.jpg

UMW58Cp.jpg

B2Dtgd2.jpg

Theldaran

Liturgist
Shit like this tainted a whole generation of western youth.

Don't worry, the third part will taint the same people or newbies, but for some different reasons... it being most probably broken, unfinished game.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I still haven't managed to play through Shenmue 2. 1 was already a fucking endurance test by the end, and 2 doesn't improve any of the primary problems.

Shit like this tainted a whole generation of western youth.

Don't worry, the third part will taint the same people or newbies, but for some different reasons... it being most probably broken, unfinished game.
I refuse to accept that any of the people who keep talking up Shenmue actually played the fucking thing.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Well, Shenmue is the game that everyone praises, but no one bought back in the day, nor do they replay it or even play it in the first place.

Impressive tech demo but a bit WTF as a videogame.

I'll take the opportunity to remind you that this tech isn't impressive anymore.

Shenmue 3 still has to prove to us that it isn't the next Mighty No. 9.

Terra

Cipher
Received my refund for this shitshow today, keep an eye on your inboxes if you're still waiting.

Punch

aaaaaa
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
>ryo wearing clean fresh clothes and not using his washed a year ago bomber jacket in every situation

I want a refund

Theldaran

Liturgist
I never played Shenmue back in the day (I bought my Playstation 1 in 1999 so I was behind the times), but if minigames annoyed me in FF7, I'm probably getting crazy with Shenmue.

I think I've never played any sandbox.

Higher Animal

Arcane
I refuse to accept that any of the people who keep talking up Shenmue actually played the fucking thing.

Shenmue's graphics and play smoothed over the rougher edges of the gameplay. Most people who hated it just came to find the free flowing open world games of GTA more palatable, so they retroactively applied criticism to Shenmue. Myst was also like this, hated later by people who thought it was just about the graphics when they found out they couldn't handle adventure gameplay.

Modron

Arcane
Hey I hated Myst on release felt like a step backwards towards hidden object games from contemporary adventure games of the day.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
That launch trailer was cringe for the first few seconds. Should've been recaptioned "18 years ago we ran out of money.... then we discovered crowdfunding!"

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Playing it later tonight. It's one of those games that are going to be impossible to recomend, will suck by all review standards, but will make me immensely happy nonetheless.

Jinn

Arcane
Well, this is a review from a longtime fan of the series.

He seems to love it. Looks great to me, honestly. I'll be waiting until it hits steam, possibly a year from now. Hope everyone who backed it and is excited about it has a great time!

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I gave 100 $hekels and don't really care anymore.

Maybe I'll play when it comes to Steam and they patch out the eating/endurance mechanic.

Felix

Arcane
Well, this is a review from a longtime fan of the series.

He seems to love it. Looks great to me, honestly. I'll be waiting until it hits steam, possibly a year from now. Hope everyone who backed it and is excited about it has a great time!

Well, I will try the Codex version to see for myself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom