Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Stokowski

Arcane
lOJL3aU.png
is that the Utah expansion?

I have that installed but I think this was taken in Nevada.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Magic Carpet 2

One of the better sequel, which adds many new enemies with every spell having three levels of power is making a huge change compared to its predecessor. With the new underground and night levels, we have a shorter game, but the variety of tasks which will need to do makes it better. I advise to find all the secret passages, since we can gather experience scrolls that will level up our spells a lot faster. Otherwise, we need to use them to finally gain a next upgrade. I love the terrain changing ones, like a small volcano on lvl. 1 becomes a huge mountain spitting fire and rocks all around. Also, the Meteor, which becomes "nuke it from orbit" spell. Original had too many repetitive build castle -> destroy other mages routine. The new foes are really making it harder for us to survive, like the Cymmerians that don't die easily. Instead, they become tiny bugs that will attack our castle. Or little devils, which are usually in big packs, and have that annoying laugh that pisses you off. Hiding behind the rocks to avoid the gaze of the stone Sentinels, which can kill you in a couple of secons. Or behemoths of the netherworlds - dragons, leviathans and hydras. The battles with Hydras are the most exciting ones. They can take a lot of damage, and they are easily attracted to our castle. Killing them is the most satisfying thing that you can do, and you will pimp your castle with that precious mana of her.

The only problem, is that due to the Electronic Arts meddling, MC2 was rushed and has some problems with handling the DOS4GW and it can crash easily, when you choose the SVGA graphics. In low resolution it is less frequent. Just like with most of the Bullfrog titles, MC2 has a really very addictive gameplay and it is always fun to replay it from time to time.

dosbox_sfude0vxhjx4kfe.png

dosbox_st1r5zyoxeqqjmf.png

dosbox_wlk2ujtmrnl6jo1.png

dosbox_5lhxffhmyy5jjs4.png

dosbox_f4zyvxxasta8jzy.png

dosbox_hqfempu5xlvpkcc.png

dosbox_navathk46j51j68.png

dosbox_hotvp84ozmjxj51.png

dosbox_oajacbrpuhrbkuu.png

dosbox_emmhoycjas9xkky.png

dosbox_2mbrewkf84o1jhc.png

dosbox_xabxwegmq7ejjsm.png

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I don't like what the Gun Runner's Arsenal did with this place. Used to be just a bunch of Rebar clubs (heavy, worth 100 caps each) and some laser pistols on the dead Bright ghouls. But GRA DLC added Plasma. And that's like 450 caps each. By the time you finished Novac, money is no longer a problem and you have Plasma rifles and sometimes Plasma Defenders.

6BWAyEg.jpg

tpB7kuO.jpg

:shredder:

6VVpJx6.jpg

2L4YQRR.png

npKgsbU.jpg

rc5obCj.jpg

:fuuyeah:

Last edited:

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't like what the Gun Runner's Arsenal did with this place. Used to be just a bunch of Rebar clubs (heavy, worth 100 caps each) and some laser pistols on the dead Bright ghouls. But GRA DLC added Plasma. And that's like 450 caps each. By the time you finished Novac, money is no longer a problem and you have Plasma rifles and sometimes Plasma Defenders.

The Jury Rigging perk broke the game that way anyway. Able to repair the most expensive weapons using garbage you find everywhere. It's a heavy investment at 90 repair at level 14, but still, you could dedicate your entire pack to weapons and have all the money in the world for ammo/armour etc. from selling what you didn't use

7RkMKEn.png

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

The Jury Rigging perk broke the game that way anyway. Able to repair the most expensive weapons using garbage you find everywhere. It's a heavy investment at 90 repair at level 14, but still, you could dedicate your entire pack to weapons and have all the money in the world for ammo/armour etc. from selling what you didn't use

7RkMKEn.png

That's level 14 tho.
Level 14 is always the breaking point of the game since there's so many good perks in there to choose from.
Anyway, launched ghouls to space and arrived at Boulder City.

9ysxZzs.jpg

UbmmE82.jpg

Interesting, if you tell the NCR officer that you're sneaking in the Khans will become hostile. If you tell him you want to negotiate, they'll let you approach without hostility. Strange design decision.

Anyway, that laughing intro guy gets decapitated by Mr. Power Fist.

Ngb1RO9.jpg

0BdV44M.jpg

The walk to New Vegas should be straightforward, but I decided to blow 20,000 caps on surgery and went to do bounty for McCarran.

zvTiecI.jpg

Last edited:

yellowcake

Arcane
Magic Carpet 2

One of the better sequel, which adds many new enemies with every spell having three levels of power is making a huge change compared to its predecessor. With the new underground and night levels, we have a shorter game, but the variety of tasks which will need to do makes it better. I advise to find all the secret passages, since we can gather experience scrolls that will level up our spells a lot faster. Otherwise, we need to use them to finally gain a next upgrade. I love the terrain changing ones, like a small volcano on lvl. 1 becomes a huge mountain spitting fire and rocks all around. Also, the Meteor, which becomes "nuke it from orbit" spell. Original had too many repetitive build castle -> destroy other mages routine. The new foes are really making it harder for us to survive, like the Cymmerians that don't die easily. Instead, they become tiny bugs that will attack our castle. Or little devils, which are usually in big packs, and have that annoying laugh that pisses you off. Hiding behind the rocks to avoid the gaze of the stone Sentinels, which can kill you in a couple of secons. Or behemoths of the netherworlds - dragons, leviathans and hydras. The battles with Hydras are the most exciting ones. They can take a lot of damage, and they are easily attracted to our castle. Killing them is the most satisfying thing that you can do, and you will pimp your castle with that precious mana of her.

The only problem, is that due to the Electronic Arts meddling, MC2 was rushed and has some problems with handling the DOS4GW and it can crash easily, when you choose the SVGA graphics. In low resolution it is less frequent. Just like with most of the Bullfrog titles, MC2 has a really very addictive gameplay and it is always fun to replay it from time to time.

dosbox_sfude0vxhjx4kfe.png

dosbox_st1r5zyoxeqqjmf.png

dosbox_wlk2ujtmrnl6jo1.png

dosbox_5lhxffhmyy5jjs4.png

dosbox_f4zyvxxasta8jzy.png

dosbox_hqfempu5xlvpkcc.png

dosbox_navathk46j51j68.png

dosbox_hotvp84ozmjxj51.png

dosbox_oajacbrpuhrbkuu.png

dosbox_emmhoycjas9xkky.png

dosbox_2mbrewkf84o1jhc.png

dosbox_xabxwegmq7ejjsm.png

Both great games, top ten action games for me. Played both a lot including multiplayer. In the end I preferred the first simpler mechanic. Terra forming spells were teh shit, you really felt like a powerful wizard tearing ground apart and making everything moving explode into balls of mana. Raining meteorites were great too, after a while of total mayhem you weren't sure where's up and down.

I like first's intro:

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Interesting dorm complex design, why the doors to the adjacent rooms thought?

C35109DEA855E5ED5048C34AF5E2D4908510DA0E

Detail for the engravings description XD

Last edited:

Puukko

Arcane
Forgot to bring a demolitions expert aboard Goto's ship? No problem.

GsN8lz5.jpg

I am sure Kreia has some lesson to teach us about walking into a dozen mines.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom