Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
In my experience, MAX DEEPS is your first line of survivability. PoE can be incredibly brutal and take you from 7k ehp to 0 in half a second. The best way to avoid death is to kill the enemies before they get a chance to attack.

The more things change the more they stay the same. So PoE hasnt really changed that much: 7k ehp hits , even as a random example, is relatively moderate. There used to be >10k hp Kaom's Heart builds running around in parallel with >15k ES LL builds. All those numbers were before taking into account other defences which boosted EHP-s to even more absurd hights. Even then there were still extreme instances in which nasty Magic/Rare mobs+ map mod combos atomized these walking tanks be merely sneezing on them.

So far it seems really all that has changed is even bigger dps numbers.

EDIT: Minions still viable? Last time I was around golems were the hot shit.
I am pretty sure such build still exist, but the currency costs are ridiculous. As a mere mortal with limited currency/time, 7k eHp is pretty good.

Perkel

Arcane
Well everything will be known in few days. They want to announce 4.0 and go deep dive about it, so it won't be just one trailer. People will be able to play it on exilecon (at least early version of it).

Perkel

Arcane
Scheduled for an hour. Could be 4.0 will have actual significant gameplay changes if they're going to spend an hour talking about it.

In b4 "6 new skills that totally change everything !"
Hopefully major overhaul of the game from ground up.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
When is this thing coming out?

Sort of thinking of coming back to this game, but maybe i should wait.

Perkel

Arcane
When is this thing coming out?

Sort of thinking of coming back to this game, but maybe i should wait.

If you got the urge I'd start with 3.9 here in dec. My guess is we get 4.0 Either July/August or December 2020.

They said end of the next year. Also 3.9 doesn't mean next one is 4.0 but 3.10 or 3.11. There will be few more expansion before 4.0 hits.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Keep in mind that they delayed the 3.0 release for a few months and did a new league that wasn't entirely planned on short notice.

The same will happen with 4.0, if its not "ready enough" at the end of 2020, they'll keep delaying it for a few months and just do some races or mini-leagues to pass the time.

Perkel

Arcane
Out of boredom i play now SSF HC Blight with default attack duelist:

unknown.png

Perkel

Arcane
don't you people have jobs

You can always play in your job. I always have dwarf fortress fired up and when people are in my office they never realize that i am deeply involved in rooting out vampires from my fort and any migrant who doesn't meet genetic baseline. Only strongest dwarves have right to exist !

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
No one will be able to tell the difference between aurora and excel so that's another option.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom