Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I'm pretty sure he offered everyone a chance for a refund. Though yeah, now is about the time to get those backer rewards out, if those people are still alive.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm fine with a refund or backer reward.

I think I stated this over 2 years ago, but I doubt I will see either.

I'm just here to provide an annual reminder to Cleve that he isn't the upstanding Thal he pretends to be.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
559.png
I was referring to MadMaxHellFire when I replied to you. :negative:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
As was I.
I find it humorous to look at his ignore list, he's blocked nearly everyone that responded to him about Grimoire.

It gets even better. Yesterday he posted 'lololo haha ur so butthurt very funny' right under my post, then promptly deleted it and put me on ignore. Very disturbed individual.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
From his review I'm not sure whether he really gives a damn about the game or is just butthurt about things Cleve said.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I can't believe people are still calling Grimoire buggy. I cannot locate a real bug anywhere in the copy I have after playing it for months. They are not specific, they mean the "zeitgeist" of the game when they say "bugs."

I tried to play Fallout 76 last week. THAT'S BUGGY. The game is unplayable and by that I don't mean it makes me feel like I'm too stupid to understand it. I mean the graphics glitches and crashes make it unplayable.

... and RESIDENT EVIL 2 remake from Capcom is still awesome! Finished all the DLC challenge levels ... biggest problem is that Capcom did not sell a DLC add-on adventure for this engine! Could not get enough of this game and I played the old version dozens of times.

My son warned me in advance but I also TRIED to play ALONE IN THE DARK XBox 360. Man that game was so buggy I felt like I should spray Black Flag into the XBox disk slot. Nothing in it works.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
"9/10 it's mediocre at best"
"10000 hours played: It wasn't that good"
I can't remember which game it was on Steam but the reviewer had something like almost 800 hours of game time at review and he gave the game a thumbs down and his review was something like "Absolutely below average experience. Don't buy"

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I can't believe people are still calling Grimoire buggy. I cannot locate a real bug anywhere in the copy I have after playing it for months. They are not specific, they mean the "zeitgeist" of the game when they say "bugs."

I tried to play Fallout 76 last week. THAT'S BUGGY. The game is unplayable and by that I don't mean it makes me feel like I'm too stupid to understand it. I mean the graphics glitches and crashes make it unplayable.

... and RESIDENT EVIL 2 remake from Capcom is still awesome! Finished all the DLC challenge levels ... biggest problem is that Capcom did not sell a DLC add-on adventure for this engine! Could not get enough of this game and I played the old version dozens of times.

My son warned me in advance but I also TRIED to play ALONE IN THE DARK XBox 360. Man that game was so buggy I felt like I should spray Black Flag into the XBox disk slot. Nothing in it works.
Did you play the "Ghost Survivor" part of Resident Evil 2 as well? That was fucking tough but loads of fun. But Hunk is a bad ass mofo. When you reach the gate and it's finished is an awesome feeling.

I got Alone In The Dark on 360 when it launched and I even got the collectors edition:negative:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Did you play the "Ghost Survivor" part of Resident Evil 2 as well? That was fucking tough but loads of fun. But Hunk is a bad ass mofo. When you reach the gate and it's finished is an awesome feeling.

I got Alone In The Dark on 360 when it launched and I even got the collectors edition:negative:

I've completed "4th Survivor" about three times now. Once I was actually hit in the back by the Tyrant and this pitched me forward into the gates so I got the cutscene, finishing with what was technically no health left. Really hard but rewarding to make it.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I've completed "4th Survivor" about three times now. Once I was actually hit in the back by the Tyrant and this pitched me forward into the gates so I got the cutscene, finishing with what was technically no health left. Really hard but rewarding to make it.
I meant "4th Survivor". It's a very fun mode. I really hope we get a Resident Evil 2 Remake styled remake of Resident Evil 3. It's often overlooked but it is still a great Resident Evil game

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

There are a few bugs in the current version. I'm trying to keep track in my notebook so I can provide a full report to you when I'm finished with my playthrough so you can hopefully incorporate fixes into V3. There aren't many though. I'd say less than half a dozen that I've found that I believe are actual bugs, and a few things that could be bugs but just as easily could be working as intended if I knew how you intended certain mechanics to function in the game.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
that you can uniquely think of ways to mitigate.

That's a lot of boisterous words for "reload" :smug:
Yeah I'm reconsidering. Equipment rot abilities are a good idea in theory. In practice, the dwarven enemies have become the most hated enemy I have ever faced in a game. Utter bullshit, they cast magic armor 50 times so I literally can't damage them, and then my entire party misses until they run out of vit and fall asleep, unable to end the fight, and the miners don't even have the decency to kill me, instead just throwing out the FUCKING armor rust spells. I instantly quit and reload now whenever I encounter them.

My cleric can not get a break, after repeatedly drinking unknown liquids from fountains I come across he is not only petrified, but now a duck. :negative:

Cael

Arcane
that you can uniquely think of ways to mitigate.

That's a lot of boisterous words for "reload" :smug:
Yeah I'm reconsidering. Equipment rot abilities are a good idea in theory. In practice, the dwarven enemies have become the most hated enemy I have ever faced in a game. Utter bullshit, they cast magic armor 50 times so I literally can't damage them, and then my entire party misses until they run out of vit and fall asleep, unable to end the fight, and the miners don't even have the decency to kill me, instead just throwing out the FUCKING armor rust spells. I instantly quit and reload now whenever I encounter them.

My cleric can not get a break, after repeatedly drinking unknown liquids from fountains I come across he is not only petrified, but now a duck. :negative:
That so reminds me of Might and Magic. Drink an unknown liquid and get atomised. Hilarious stuff.

mondblut

Arcane

I might be wrong, but being a duck might help with swimming there. Or being something else helps with catching the quicksilver fish? Either way, this thing wasn't just for lulz, of that I am fairly certain.

d1nolore

Savant
I see Grimoire is now selling for a more than reasonable price, might pick it up for Christmas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom